IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Go & watch that goal, if it doesn't give you "Deeeeeeennnneeeeyyyyy" vibes, check your pulse.

Question for you.

Would you expect an Oxford supporter to get the  "Deeeeeeennnneeeeyyyyy" vibe   ? 
If anyone on here saw that goal and got a  "Deeeeeeennnneeeeyyyyy" vibe , I wouldn't be checking their pulse. I'd be checking their sanity, or football allegiances !

As a neutral you could possibly enjoy it, as a City/Oxford and fair few others supporter ? Not so much.

• Like 2

Was working at the game last night, just incredible, the second half of extra time gave this neutral goosebumps.

Rovers take the lead on 48, Kark Robinson makes a tripe sub on 54 including Matty Taylor who got dogs abuse all night. He comes on, scores a pen with 90 seconds, 1-1. No further goals, extra time.

Billy Bodin, another ex-Gas makes it 2-1 and it's soon 3-1, goals on 91 and 92. Gas dead and buried, no way back from here. Joey Barton makes a triple sub of his own intoducing among other Sion Spence, a Crystal Palace loanee watched on by the bloke sat next to me, his loans manager Mark Bright (yes, that one!). Spence scores on 109 to give them a glimmer of hope then Aaron Collins, who's level on goals with Dan Bentley, absolutely creams a 25 yarder into the top bin with his weaker foot on 114. Bloody hell, game on! Then a ball that looks for all the world like it's going out for a goal kick is flicked back for Spence to hammer home the winner on 118 sparking a pitch invasion. Go & watch that goal, if it doesn't give you "Deeeeeeennnneeeeyyyyy" vibes, check your pulse.

A year ago last weekend, I watched Torquay 5 Crawley 6 in the FA Cup First Round. Said then it was the best game I had ever been to, just a shame there were no fans. Last night was almost as good, definitely in my top three and I watch 100+ games a season. Fair play, some on here, nay, most on here hate the Gas and I get that, but **** me, that comeback was something else, it really was. 

Nobody gives a **** on here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Clevedon Red said:

Almost 4 pages about the game……do they do this about us??

They put our scores up on their scoreboard whilst their own team is playing in front of them and they spend the entire match singing about City.

But apart from that we NEVER get a mention on their forum....oh wait...

image.thumb.png.7d18168ddf8db207f65bc212ef873fc2.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clevedon Red said:

They used to put up our score if we were losing on the scoreboard during the game.

Already been mentioned i see by POH

Edited by Super

59 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Question for you.

Would you expect an Oxford supporter to get the  "Deeeeeeennnneeeeyyyyy" vibe   ? 
If anyone on here saw that goal and got a  "Deeeeeeennnneeeeyyyyy" vibe , I wouldn't be checking their pulse. I'd be checking their sanity, or football allegiances !

As a neutral you could possibly enjoy it, as a City/Oxford and fair few others supporter ? Not so much.

Fair point.

Edited by Hamdon Mart
Spelling

A year ago last weekend, I watched Torquay 5 Crawley 6 in the FA Cup First Round. Said then it was the best game I had ever been to, just a shame there were no fans. 

Indeed.

No fans mean no songs about having a party when an opposition player dies. Classy as ever.

All for signing for a bigger club a couple of days before transfer deadline for a supposedly secret release fee that even their own fans were openly talking about on their forum for months. Then they start crying because he gives them a bit of stick back...

Dont know about ‘Deeney’ vibes but everytime Rovers appear on HTV and one of their cloggers toe punts the ball into the net I can hear Bill Leslies voice inside my head shouting “DIIIICCKKKHEEEEEEEEADS” ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

They do but any posts about City get deleted from gaschat for fear that we may feel that they are as obsessed with us as we are with them (FOFAOWTATAWU for short). I don't mind this obsession it's fun and it's funny. 

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Their CEO has just resigned.

Clearly overseeing the new stadium and promotion has taken its toll.

The new guy has already stated, in a roundabout way, that he’s using them as a stepping stone. 
"This is a special club and there is nowhere else I would rather be at this stage of my career than here working on this project.

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Haha 1

• Admin
25 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

clue.PNG

You are lucky, us mods can see all the hidden posts over the years were are have another 22 pages on top of that

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Not our fault they keep giving us things to laugh about.

If only it was always taking the piss

• Flames 1

So presumably they all are now united behind the new messiah and couldn't countenance for a minute that he has a bad bone in his body. If he fails to be acquitted at both of his impending court cases it will be a sad indictment of the legal system and a whip round will commence to pay his appeal costs. Meanwhile Wael of Fortune has once more been elevated to the position of the all seeing and all knowing being that they believed he was at the beginning of his reign, especially now he has ousted the viper in his bosom and the name "Starnes" will be infamous in their history. 

Surely the new, new, new, new ground announcement is imminent and all will be right with their blue world.

53 minutes ago, phantom said:

If only it was always taking the piss

Well, I reckon at least 3% of the posts are from people complaining about the thread rather than having the brains to just ignore the thread, 1% arguing over something or other. Maybe another 5% from Gas sympathisers and Sagheads in disguise telling us how shit we are and how great they are?

So probably about 90% laughing at them and their constant ‘gifts’.

I think it was TomF who pointed out that if OTIB was 2 City fans in a pub on an Evening, the the number of posts in this thread compared to all the other posts on the forum would equate to about 5 minutes of the night chatting/laughing about the Gas. Something like that anyway, I don’t know?

• Like 1

I see the new CEO is their former commercial manager. The man responsible for the "only Spurs have done more to develop their ground this summer" quote.

The man responsible for their shit pasties, watered down Fanta and out of date crisps.

The man who introduced Ticketmaster as their ticket seller, took their precious supporters club draw in house and ruined their awesome match day program.

Yet he's a very nice man and approachable so seems ideally suited to continuing to bugger things up in a more senior role.

?

14 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I’d add to my previous post and ask if the league and the circumstances that led to it were irrelevant, how many would turn down both clubs fighting it out in the same division again? We basically monopolised football in this City over the last 5 years to the point where the Gas weren’t even an after-thought and still didn’t have the arse to get promoted, is there anyone not bored by the lack of a derby or properly meaningful games? That’s what football is for after all isn’t it? 

Hate Cardiff and that game produces a good atmosphere but has lost its edge on the whole and like many fixtures these days is much funner away. The gas on our tails is one the few things guaranteed to bring a bit of fire back to AG. 

Monopolising football in the City can only be good for us IMO. It's probably a necessary step in us hopefully realising our potential at some point. Granted, there'd be a bit more drama involved if we and Rovers were closer in competition, but it's really not worth it when we'd effectively be sacrificing our advantages over them.

Saying that we want to be in the same division as them for the excitement is arguably the biggest possible compliment to Rovers. We're better off 2 leagues above them with bigger fish to fry.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Monopolising football in the City can only be good for us IMO. It's probably a necessary step in us hopefully realising our potential at some point. Granted, there'd be a bit more drama involved if we and Rovers were closer in competition, but it's really not worth it when we'd effectively be sacrificing our advantages over them.

Saying that we want to be in the same division as them for the excitement is arguably the biggest possible compliment to Rovers. We're better off 2 leagues above them with bigger fish to fry.

Out of interest, how would you feel if both teams were in the Prem?

Christ, the way they’re talking about last night is as if they just beat Man United to reach the semi finals of the cup…

Yes they’re on form and everyone’s talking about them playing good football

but they’re a vile football club, a woman beating manager and fans who sing about having a party when an ex players dead

**** um

Edited by alexukhc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Out of interest, how would you feel if both teams were in the Prem?

In theory, very happy (and hopefully we'd be finishing above them). It would be good for both us and Bristolian football (obviously). That's the important thing though - it would be good for us. I'd love for City and Rovers to be the new Liverpool vs Everton, or even just WBA vs Wolves. Of course that's all pie in the sky though, Bristol can't even get 1 team there yet!

Back to reality - as things are, we need every possible resource to help us towards the Prem. If Rovers being 2 leagues below us means a tiny boost for us in resources drawn from the city, and makes us 1% more likely to achieve success, then I'm all for it......even if that means no Bristol derbies. 

• Like 1