IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

20 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I assume part of this response is aimed at me, but I didn’t call your club ‘scum’ or ‘vile’ in the post to which you replied ... and I wouldn’t, because my Dad, my Grandad and my Great Grandad were all roverzzzz fans ...

No it wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at people who use such terms to describe an entire football club. I know we have often disagreed quite vociferously in the past, but I get the impression you're a decent bloke. Well apart from being one of they Tedzzz like.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

They did play at AG for a few games in 1980.

They did, after the wooden stand at Eastville burned down. Due to its wooden construction  it would have soon been closed as it didn’t meet modern, for the time,  safety  standards. Instead the greyhound company received an insurance payout. Thus the fire was very convenient though, of course, I’m not suggesting anything dodgy happened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Could somebody please inform Joey Barton that Bristol Rovers haven't had a 27000 home Gate since the 1950s! Despite being on for automatic promotion their average gate is 2000 below their very small capacity of 9000. Massive club ???

For goodness sake, our ladies team had an attendance of 5,300 recently!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Cough cough 5752

Which makes it even more appalling that the FA have decided to use the Manchester City Academy ground for the women's euros. They could have used the Mem instead.

49 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

For goodness sake, our ladies team had an attendance of 5,300 recently!

Perhaps the mem should host the Womens Euros rather than the Man City Stadium. They may then  be able to declare a record crowd .  

Edited by E.G.Red

9 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Exactly.

The rivalry between Brighton and Crystal Palace stems from a period of ground sharing; for whatever reasons it builds resentment and jealousy rather than ever being regarded as a favour.

When did Brighton and Palace share a ground? I don’t recall that. According to a Palace fan I know, the rivalry stems from a series of incidents throughout the 1970s, especially at Cup ties, when Alan Mullery and Terry Venables were the respective managers ... I didn’t realise the clubs shared a ground?

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When did Brighton and Palace share a ground? I don’t recall that. According to a Palace fan I know, the rivalry stems from a series of incidents throughout the 1970s, especially at Cup ties, when Alan Mullery and Terry Venables were the respective managers ... I didn’t realise the clubs shared a ground?

They never have shared a ground 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Exactly.

The rivalry between Brighton and Crystal Palace stems from a period of ground sharing; for whatever reasons it builds resentment and jealousy rather than ever being regarded as a favour.

Unlike a lot on here I neither hate nor dislike the Rovers but think it would be a bad move to let them play at AG even the once.

Think they shared with Gillingham for a couple of seasons then spent several years at the Withdean before going to the new ground.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

They never have shared a ground 

1 hour ago, redysteadygo said:

Think they shared with Gillingham for a couple of seasons then spent several years at the Withdean before going to the new ground.

Fair enough 

It was a Palace fan who told me that and it sounds like he was wrong.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It may be just me - but saying “there is another big stadium in Bristol” seems to suggest he thinks the Mem is a big stadium too ... makes his diatribe even more laughable ... ???

Nevil Road? Or maybe the soon to be unveiled fruit market which I`m sure they`re looking forward to running out in next season. It must be nearly finished by now.........................................

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Club and Country said:

I swear you were on here at the start of the season bragging about a small set to in the bar with Barton? When he told you you would get promoted after losing to someone shite 

I don't know if 'bragging' is the right word and it certainly wasn't a 'set to'. Barton was trying to drum up support in the bar on a couple of occasions 'guaranteeing' promotion. A lot of fans lapped it up but I said something along the lines of I hadn't seen anything that remotely made us look like promotion candidates  and I'd rather the talking was done on the pitch.

Barton makes a big thing of getting everyone onside , which he has pretty much done and to be fair his side has  done the talking on the pitch, it has been an incredible turn around.

I'll be delighted IF we do go up, we are a really good side to watch and Joey Barton and his squad deserve an awful lot of credit for what they will have achieved. I won't forget though, that a couple of seasons ago  at Xmas time we were third in the table and eyeing the Championship - albeit with a very different playing style. Since then Joey Barton has taken us done to the bottom tier and it was one of the most gutless relegation 'fights' I have ever witnessed. IF we go and IF we then start challenging for the play offs in the division above, then I really will be impressed. For now I'll just enjoy the ride.

Edited by Miah Dennehy
  • Like 2