IGNORED

Bournemouth v Baggies

Lanterne Rouge

3 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Living 9 miles from Bomo's ground i am assured by ST holders they will not sell out at all this season; not even for City. Every game, includung tonight's against the top opposition will go on General Sale.

Come to think of it, i presume the same applies to City and most other Championship clubs

Don’t all clubs go to general sale with some tickets, all clubs have to keep some tickets back for general sale I think. Selling out includes selling those that make it to general sale. 

you may be right. But my point is how a top Bomo, a Championship team with a very small capacity will struggle to get fans through their home gates this season. Not sure what the crowd is tonight but i am pretty sure our crowd tomorrow will be one of the highest of our season as people will soon get over the novelty of going back to a live game and start questioning if the transport hassles and cost make it worthwhile whilst so many 'tv fans' have got used to £10 per game over the past 18 months.

Hope I'm wrong and AG starts bouncing again to celebrate City competing at the top half of this league but it is very noticable how the 'LJ/Holden/Ashton Out' brigade have gone incredibly quiet since the realisation now that we may not be top half all season starts to sink in! In fact i think they have left this forum

I thought West Brom showed tonight that if you're well drilled in pressing and recycling the 2nd and 3rd balls, plus a little bit of decent set piece, you can trouble anybody.

West Brom do have some decent players, but given what Barnsley did last season, it shows that you can go far with being organised. Thats the hope I'm clinging onto this season, that we're more organised and more street wise.

Unfortunately, set pieces will still be an issue ? oh well :laugh:

2 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I thought West Brom showed tonight that if you're well drilled in pressing and recycling the 2nd and 3rd balls, plus a little bit of decent set piece, you can trouble anybody.

West Brom do have some decent players, but given what Barnsley did last season, it shows that you can go far with being organised. Thats the hope I'm clinging onto this season, that we're more organised and more street wise.

Unfortunately, set pieces will still be an issue ? oh well :laugh:

Pace counts for a lot in the championship something I think we lack we could be in for a long old season 

15 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

you may be right. But my point is how a top Bomo, a Championship team with a very small capacity will struggle to get fans through their home gates this season. Not sure what the crowd is tonight but i am pretty sure our crowd tomorrow will be one of the highest of our season as people will soon get over the novelty of going back to a live game and start questioning if the transport hassles and cost make it worthwhile whilst so many 'tv fans' have got used to £10 per game over the past 18 months.

Hope I'm wrong and AG starts bouncing again to celebrate City competing at the top half of this league but it is very noticable how the 'LJ/Holden/Ashton Out' brigade have gone incredibly quiet since the realisation now that we may not be top half all season starts to sink in! In fact i think they have left this forum

Bomo how cringe,as for the lJ/Holden/Ashton out brigade going quiet are you sure mate 

20 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Think I heard its about 17k tomorrow...would be very surprised if that's one of our highest of the season.

9 minutes ago, woodsy62 said:

Pace counts for a lot in the championship something I think we lack we could be in for a long old season 

Pace and power.

Not rocket science, but beyond the capabilities of a succession of managers and CEO to recognise it unfortunately.

Bristol Bears on the first excursion to the top league learnt that lesson very quickly. Equally applies to football.

2 hours ago, westonred said:

A crowd of only 11,000 is p*ss poor how on earth did they get to the promised land with no income

Russian owner with pots of money and who put up two fingers to ffp!

@westonred

What James and downend said- might also add, in those days it was purely after the event monitoring- ie "If you go up and break FFP, you get a fine, but if you stay down and it is found you break FFP, you get an Embargo".

They went up...plenty fell foul after staying down however, but Bournemouth and a few others did not!

I believe they had to show quite strongly to the EFL on relegation how they would comply this time around, 2 years ahead- as they can do. They seem to be making significant cutbacks, probably at EFL's insistence- they won't make that error again with Bournemouth given the past track record.

Not seen the game but I expect WBA to be up there as usual- Bournemouth have a strong 1-11 and maybe beyond but depth and experience lacking in some areas...

if you're Barnsley you will be gutted...2 months ago they had Ismael, Mowatt and Murphy- the latter their CEO- and were linked with Marcondes.

Ismael to WBA, Marcondes to Bournemouth- scores, Mowatt to WBA- and Murphy to Forest. Had they kept those 3 and added Marcondes think they might have done well again- and had they retained Ismael, Mowatt, Murphy chances are Marcondes might arrive as well.

5 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

I cant for the life of me see why Scott Parker left Fulham for Bournemouth.

For me Fulham are a much bigger club and more potential than Bournemouth. (Infrastructure etc)

I think if Bournemouth don't fairly quickly return to the top flight they will find there natural level which is league one. I still find it difficult to see them as any bigger than say Swindon.

8 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Hate them more than i hate the Gas

Reminds me of a row I had with an old girlfriend who was peed off that I preferred to go to Ashton Gate than go shopping with her.

She said ‘ sometimes I think you love Bristol City more than you love me.’

I buried the argument, and the relationship, I replied , 

‘ I love Bristol Rovers more than I love you ‘.

Ave it .

7 hours ago, pillred said:

I think if Bournemouth don't fairly quickly return to the top flight they will find there natural level which is league one. I still find it difficult to see them as any bigger than say Swindon.

If we had their money potentially we could be much bigger than Bournemouth and would be similar to Reading but we need a new stadium/ redevelopment  to make this happen. The population of the area has now grown to approx 225,000 plus many that travel throughout Wiltshire and with many new families moving to the area as the houses are more affordable  than the Home Counties. Get the facilities right and there's a whole new fan base to tap into.

9 hours ago, richyy66 said:

I cant for the life of me see why Scott Parker left Fulham for Bournemouth.

For me Fulham are a much bigger club and more potential than Bournemouth. (Infrastructure etc)

He probably thinks if I don't get promoted first time with Fulham I'm out whereas I might get 2/3 years at Bournemouth?

12 hours ago, westonred said:

Yes that's what i'm saying with limited income coming in through gate money and they reached the Prem.  SL has spunked away millions and millions through poor managers and no way near look like getting there anytime soon.

They spent circa £25m to get promoted to the Prem the first time. And got fined £5m for breaches of FFP.

16 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

They spent circa £25m to get promoted to the Prem the first time. And got fined £5m for breaches of FFP.

Yes it wrong isn't it,  we play by the rules and get nowhere. What's the old expression 'cheats never prosper' well it looks like they do.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was travelling back last night so not watched, but radio gave impression that Ismael’s West Brom were  Barnsley re-incarnated….is that right?

They did play a high pressing game and were very quick. Mowatt ran the show and I said in the thread he could be their best signing this season

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was travelling back last night so not watched, but radio gave impression that Ismael’s West Brom were  Barnsley re-incarnated….is that right?

Yes, but with more quality players. Very high intensity pressing but not a lot of control except for their second goal, which was a perfect combination of the two.

They will grow into the new way of playing though and are going to be very hard to play against once they get the balance right.

Automatic promotion looks likely to me.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Id say so. Very aggressive press. Strong powerful side but with better players to convert when they do win the ball back. 
I thought Lloyd Kelly helped Bournemouth by turning WBA around once or twice to threaten in behind, but at times they had a touch of the MK dons stubbornness in insisting on trying to play out. Good game with two good teams, I thought. 

Archived