IGNORED

When will fans turn against Nige

Top Robin

We’re lucky to have someone of the experience and profile of NP - we’ve been crying out for someone of his stature for many a year and listening to SL yesterday, it’s clearly a three year plan and I for one, am happy to see what develops over that period - Nige has done it before and so let’s  give him the time and patience to allow him to do it again!

As others have said, whilst we will be disappointed to have drawn yesterday, the performance was so much better than 90% of the games we witnessed last season.

I also expect the squad to change a bit between now and the end of the month with Nagy and one or two others possibly moving on - this should then give Nige the opportunity to bring in another player that he “wants”, rather than players he has inherited.

6 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Dave, I've just explained my own views in a post to answer your post, you know the one's that are actually in my head, and yet your posts opening gambit is to call me a liar. 

At that point it's not me with the issue is it? 

It leaves naff all room for discussion as you're already telling me what I 'should' think, despite already having my views there in black and white. 

Not down with that, and disappointed that your posts think that is fine to continue to gaslight. 

Have a fab afternoon. 

I haven’t called you a liar, I haven’t told you what to think.  I d given you my opinion.

You just fail to debate about football.  You don’t have to reply to any of my posts / questions, there is no obligation to, but you use the “poor old me, they’re telling me what to think, they’re attacking me”, rather than just ignore or enter debate.  

I’m not attacking you….I’m asking you why you’ve judged Danny Simpson to be so poor on limited viewing.  I’m asking you whether there are mitigating circumstances beyond WDL over Pearson’s tenure.  I’m asking you why you think we are tactically naive?  They are genuine questions.  Why are you so reticent to answer them?

Others ask similar questions following your posts.

I think the problem with all us City fans is we want us to succeed quickly.

That aint going happen.  

NP took on a squad that were dire over the last quarter of the season and were lucky not to get relegated.

He cant be blamed for those results.

Hes changed it the best he can bringing in 2 ex Leicester players he has worked with and (from what ive seen so far) a top centre back in Atkinson.

But NP is not in a postion to get a top top striker unless we sell, and with Nagy on his way, possibly Taylor Moore and even Kalas if the offer is good.

That lot could free up some decent funds which will see NP do his best to bring a striker in.

Its tough for him, the club and us fans, but after 18 months of hell lets give it time.

My personal feeling is Kalas will go along with Taylor Moore.

Nagy is as good as gone but unsure how much he is worth? At a guess 2 million tops.

Kalas maybe 4 million, Taylor Moore pehaps 400k.

Personally, i dont think Rotherhams Michael Smith is a top striker or the answer.

We sit back and se what happens by 31st August.

The effect of Ashton and Johnsons scatter gun transfer policy is coming home to roost. Some of us have been on about for years. All the 1-2 million pound punts on high wages has left us in a precarious position. 

NP is not going to sort it out in one window. Hopefully we can get 2-3 out and 1 or 2 in before the end of August. 

Just now, glynriley said:

The effect of Ashton and Johnsons scatter gun transfer policy is coming home to roost. Some of us have been on about for years. All the 1-2 million pound punts on high wages has left us in a precarious position. 

NP is not going to sort it out in one window. Hopefully we can get 2-3 out and 1 or 2 in before the end of August. 

Too right….I saw it coming 3 seasons ago….kudos to LJ to some extent for keeping results better than performance….but it’s now completely hamstringing us.

Check out my rough calculations on the striker / ffp Thread.  It’s only guesswork but it shows we are inside ffp for the season just gone, but running close for the 3 year period including this one just started.  That’s why Pearson’s hands are tied.  LJ and MA blew so much money.  If I can give credit for some of the things on the pitch, I can rightly be critical of him for recruitment which was “kids in a sweet shop” stuff.

Was anyone expecting us to win the league with over 100 points? If not, then it means you were expecting us to not win every game we play so i don't get the total meltdown with some off the back of drawing a game we largely controlled. 

All that happened yesterday was that we didn't win. There will be other games this season that we don't win. We might even...gulp... lose some games. 

Regardless of the result, surely we can all see the progress. Pearson might not work out but, given the size of the turnaround from what he inherited,  we won't know that for a long time yet. To even be having this discussion after one game where we played ok is bonkers.

7 hours ago, City oz said:

Maybe he was just enjoying his red padded seat in the lansdown stand soaking up the atmoshper on the great day full of nostalgia and TC history and his first chance to soak up what the great stadium has to offer, looking at the great City supporters, looking at the away end, getting a few free coldies at half time, watching his players from above so he could see where they were trying to position their selves in stratgeic positions, looking from above from where players did the wrong thing so he could highlight what areas of their game they could work on, if we can not sign a forward or a winger and which player he has can adjust to this position.

Let me know when next you go to Head coaching academy so your notes can be passed on to NP.

There was me thinking there are cameras to go over the game with the players during training sessions. He’s supposed to be are manager so second half he should have been where every other manager hang about to!

Nigel Pearson has forgotten more than I will ever know about football and I want him to succeed.

What I don't like is his rudeness to the journalists. He needs to remember that we rely on those journalists to ask him those questions because they are our only contact with what is happening at the club. Smart ar*e responses just make me feel uncomfortable.  Cotts used to do it, but he did it out of passion and had enough credit in the bank with the fans to turn a blind eye. 

2 hours ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Just stating I’ve been watching football for 55 plus years. Never seen a manager in the stand for the whole game! Our No2 was doing all the encouraging!

Bloke had covid, and now he's got arthritis or summat, let him sit down. And he was watching us, and we're shite/dull, ffs. Surprised he wasn't lying flat on his back in one of them executive boxes, snoring like a steam train ....

15 hours ago, Gumpster1 said:

Nigel Pearson has forgotten more than I will ever know about football and I want him to succeed.

What I don't like is his rudeness to the journalists. He needs to remember that we rely on those journalists to ask him those questions because they are our only contact with what is happening at the club. Smart ar*e responses just make me feel uncomfortable.  Cotts used to do it, but he did it out of passion and had enough credit in the bank with the fans to turn a blind eye. 

14 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Bloke had covid, and now he's got arthritis or summat, let him sit down. And he was watching us, and we're shite/dull, ffs. Surprised he wasn't lying flat on his back in one of them executive boxes, snoring like a steam train ....

Add in to that, you can see alot more from the stands in terms of movement, positioning and effort, then you can on the sidelines. It was probably a wise place to be for the first game back. suspect he will mix up where he is.

Put it this way 

Even if the worse of the worse happened in terms of league position this season. I still wouldn’t blame NP.

I blame it on countless 4 years of poor management and scattergun approach left to those not having the skillset and experience to do so. 

4 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Put it this way 

Even if the worse of the worse happened in terms of league position this season. I still wouldn’t blame NP.

I blame it on countless 4 years of poor management and scattergun approach left to those not having the skillset and experience to do so. 

With two windows, I do expect Nige to not relegate us.  It is now mainly his team, his tactics, he’s had a pre-season, etc.  Don’t get me wrong the old regime have a lot to answer for, but I’d struggle to back Nige if he took us down.

Just now, Davefevs said:

With two windows, I do expect Nige to not relegate us.  It is now mainly his team, his tactics, he’s had a pre-season, etc.  Don’t get me wrong the old regime have a lot to answer for, but I’d struggle to back Nige if he took us down.

I think it depends on what backing he will get in January as well Dave. 

7 minutes ago, cityfan1958 said:

God that was a long sleep. Nodded off, and when I woke up I started reading this thread and assumed I must have slept through the whole season, and we had been relegated. Because there couldn’t have been this reaction to drawing one game.

Agreed. What the f%$ k Why not give NP a chance.

10 minutes ago, City oz said:

Agreed. What the f%$ k Why not give NP a chance.

Reading this thread it's clear the majority are giving him a chance and recognise the issues he has to contend with. Personally I think he deserves a clean slate for this season but I can totally understand why some are concerned and are viewing our form inclusive of last season with worry.

I think at this stage it's completely acceptable to discuss decisions he's made which have impacted games - for example subbing on Bell when perhaps bringing on Kalas or Wells would've been more prudent depending on his approach. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Reading this thread it's clear the majority are giving him a chance and recognise the issues he has to contend with. Personally I think he deserves a clean slate for this season but I can totally understand why some are concerned and are viewing our form inclusive of last season with worry.

I think at this stage it's completely acceptable to discuss decisions he's made which have impacted games - for example subbing on Bell when perhaps bringing on Kalas or Wells would've been more prudent depending on his approach. 

How can you say that. NP has not had a chance yet. Give the bloke a break

It’s interesting you say one of the things we could’ve done was brought Kalas on, because on twitter some were moaning that the subs made WERE TOO defensive.  To my mind they were like for like.

Bell for Palmer - LW for LW

Williams for Scott / King into Scott’s position - in effect same positions retained.

When the score line / result changes late on, most people jump to conclusions that the subs were wrong.  They may well’ve been, but to jump to it straight away is too easy.  Discussing it is fine though.

Did you actually read what I posted?

Yes, Bell, Kallas, Wells. Are you joining the band wagon of others maybe is the question. OK we all love BCFC and we all want NPA nd the club to successed. Your posts seem a bit critical towards NP that is all I-am saying.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s interesting you say one of the things we could’ve done was brought Kalas on, because on twitter some were moaning that the subs made WERE TOO defensive.  To my mind they were like for like.

Williams for Scott / King into Scott’s position - in effect same positions retained.

When the score line / result changes late on, most people jump to conclusions that the subs were wrong.  They may well’ve been, but to jump to it straight away is too easy.  Discussing it is fine though.

Yeah, was just an example of what would be a fair critical discussion point rather than my own view though. 

8 minutes ago, City oz said:

Yes, Bell, Kallas, Wells. Are you joining the band wagon of others maybe is the question. OK we all love BCFC and we all want NPA nd the club to successed. Your posts seem a bit critical towards NP that is all I-am saying.

Can you point out, with examples, precisely which of my posts you think are "critical towards NP"? I think I'll be waiting a long time. 

Yes quite clearly the majority of fans will give NP a chance. Its important to remember otib is a very small gene pool of narcissistic would be sports journalists that might fair no better writing for the local rag. And that the vast majority of city fans seldom or never use otib. 

Yeah, was just an example of what would be a fair critical discussion point rather than my own view though. 

Can you point out, with examples, precisely which of my posts you think are "critical towards NP"? I think I'll be waiting a long time. 

I have not got the time to look at your past posts. My posts in reaction to yours are from a BRISTOL CITY supporter with passion going back almost sixty years and I hate negativity against our club. OK you may mean well but you seem to jump on the band wagon too quickly when things are not going in the positive direction. Not with standing this you are a fellow City supporter and I wish you will. 

I look and read positive posts, posts which relate to great history either good or bad, wins we have had, great players we have been lucky to have and great managers and I think NP will be one of them.

1 minute ago, City oz said:

I have not got the time to look at your past posts. My posts in reaction to yours are from a BRISTOL CITY supporter with passion going back almost sixty years and I hate negativity against our club.

That's because you wouldn't be able to find them. I've been very supportive of the current regime and believe Pearson will be the right man. 

1 minute ago, City oz said:

OK you may mean well but you seem to jump on the band wagon too quickly when things are not going in the positive direction.

Again, wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's because you wouldn't be able to find them. I've been very supportive of the current regime and believe Pearson will be the right man. 

Again, wrong. 

Time for bed for me. 

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The COD injury obviously changed the dynamic of the later subs.

I personally would have taken King off for Williams or Wells, and pushed Weimann or Wells up on their defence. Their energy and pace would have at least unsettled them. Martin and King were dead on their feet by the end.

Ultimately their subs (Laverty in particular, even before his goal) made a huge difference to their play. Ours seem to have been like for like, and kept the status quo.

But for another 30 seconds, we would have come away with a huge win. Heh ho, to quote DH we go again.

Archived