IGNORED

When will fans turn against Nige

Top Robin

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

The COD injury obviously changed the dynamic of the later subs.

I personally would have taken King off for Williams or Wells, and pushed Weimann or Wells up on their defence. Their energy and pace would have at least unsettled them. Martin and King were dead on their feet by the end.

Ultimately their subs (Laverty in particular, even before his goal) made a huge difference to their play. Ours seem to have been like for like, and kept the status quo.

But for another 30 seconds, we would have come away with a huge win. Heh ho, to quote DH we go again.

I think there were 4 candidates to come off:

Palmer and Scott, who did come off, but Martin and King too….and as we’ve both said since Saturday, the O’Dowda injury constrained options, leaving two subs.  Weimann aside, the 3 other “forwards” spent a lot of energy stopping Blackburn playing out….and they did it v.well.

I go back to early last season when Holden kept subbing Wells off and saw us miss late chances because our best goalscorer wasn’t on the pitch.  I would’ve brought Wells on for Martin, and Williams for Scott.  That’s what I said at the time.  Although I also said, what if they start pumping balls into our box from a late free-kick or corner, I’d want Martin on.  Tough call.  I don’t think the subs themselves defined the win turning into a draw, but a lapse piece of marking / communication.

On 07/08/2021 at 18:37, And Its Smith said:

Pearson seems okay in the post match.  Quite matter of fact.  Didnt take chances and thats that.  

Important to remember this is the first game of the season.  

Until either Wells wakes up or we recruit a goalscorer, we will have to get used to low scoring games where we rely upon our defensive abilities to see us through.  Unlike today ?   Personally,  I really miss the days when wingers  played regularly.

However the question was ......."When will the fans turn against Nige? "      If he continues to leave Wells and Kalas out of the line up, and make extremely questionable substitutions, which ultimately cost us, then it won't be too long?

But Considering it was the first game of the season, even if he did **** up.........no judgement on his leadership can be assessed until we have completed at least 10 games, then we will see if he is all talk........... or all action?                     

Archived