IGNORED

Anyone got a time machine?

Judda

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I can recall, bristol getting a mention in the film.

I dont recall many other places, they were made up names.

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

The police tried fitting my mate up for some stabbing in bristol, said the friendly south londoner.

The guy was either in jail, or getting married that day, i cant recall which.

Some might say same thing!

Only other real team i recall, was the gooners pub scene?

Shadwell Town was obviously made up but is a real place in the East End, their big rivals Wapping being the same. Shadwell of course being based on Millwall. 

You are right, real teams don’t really get featured apart from Arsenal, although Pomey, Grimsby and Wimbledon are mentioned briefly. 

Another fictional team, Tyneburn gets mentioned which is where the stabbing takes place which one could suppose is Newcastle. 

Many of the ground scenes were filmed at Milmoor, as well as Valley Parade. 

What is really interesting is that the film is based on a true story. If you haven’t read it, James Bannon’s (the real ‘John’) book ‘Running with the firm’, his actual account of events, is superb. It’s surprising how much of the movie actually took place. 

Wish we had signed Josh Carera instead of Wimbledon though! ??

32 minutes ago, One Team said:

Shadwell Town was obviously made up but is a real place in the East End, their big rivals Wapping being the same. Shadwell of course being based on Millwall. 

@SuperDziek& I visited Shadwell on a London session for Monty Python at the O2 in 2014. Bit run down, to say the least. 

Fair play to John calling his boy after the promotion winning side 

4 hours ago, Judda said:

Just to add as it will obviously be corrected.... that is on the main site at present.... ???

I mean... the screenshot does say 'bcfc.co.uk' at the top so just reading between the lines I think we got that.

Archived