IGNORED

Warnock and refs

the1stknowle

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think you are referring to the most successful manager ever in English football regarding promotions won ... yet you still can’t acknowledge his brilliance ... although you obviously fall for his well rehearsed media persona ... oh well, winners will be winners...

You will never persuade me, and many others, that he is anything other than an obnoxious cheating ***.

Your love in with him, on a Bristol City forum, is an embarrassment, frankly.

15 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think we’d all be equally as annoyed if this had been deemed a clash of heads and one of our players were on the receiving end…

The problem for the officials is, they don’t get to see incidents from these high angles that cameras and people in the stand get. They get one view, from their position on the pitch.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think you are referring to the most successful manager ever in English football regarding promotions won ... yet you still can’t acknowledge his brilliance ... although you obviously fall for his well rehearsed media persona ... oh well, winners will be winners...

It completely baffles me why so many City fans think his vile explosions of temper are an act. When things are going his way, he can be sweet as pie. Whenever they aren't, hes an uncontrollably unpleasant shitbag. That's all there is to it. He makes no attempt to be reasonable when he's losing and is a self satisfied smug winker when he's winning. Outside football he seems to be a normal human being who loves his wife; so are most people - it doesn't make him a hero.

14 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Colin isn't nasty, I dont recall Colin ever stubbing out a cigar in someone's face or being charged with gbh multiple times 

He did tell a player (Santos) they could go on for 10 minutes in the Battle of Bramall Lane "to do him" though. The player being Andy Johnson who told the story on the Undr The Cosh podcast.

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How is Warnock ‘nasty’? Took time out from football to care for his wife who had cancer - only returned as Millers’ manager when she insisted he took the job - devoted to his family and devoted to his football club - so how does that compare with Barton? 

I'd expect every single husband to do that, even Barton tbf. I am not saying for one minute Warnock is on Bartons level whatsoever though.

I can't stand the bloke but do acknowledge his achievements.
Given what he's done at other clubs, It does make you wonder how near the premiership we might have got with him in charge as opposed to the inertia we've put up with over the last few years.
Perhaps this club has needed a nasty piece of work to get it going.

Disgrace to football and any reference to him being most successful manager is using stats to create very false impressions;  You will hear the other side of the Warnock 'record' if you talk to Gary or Lee (Johnson) who both loved getting the better of Warnock

how about most clubs managed and left with fans really disliing the bloke - only Holloway can match Warnock for that one. I think Warnock is around 20 clubs and mostly lower league; he also failed the interview with our owner and managed one of the worst opponents (Rotherham) in a game lacking football and sportmanship that has ever been seen at Ashton Gate. Shocking man just in his job for self PR

37 minutes ago, swanker said:

Regardless of people’s opinions on Warnock I think he’s been great for the game and his achievements speak for themselves. Should imagine he’s good company and decent bloke. Would love to have a chat with him over a couple of pints. 

I like Warnock….apart from when we are directly up against his teams.

Neil Warnock is an extremely personable and humorous man, in my own experience. True I'm not a match official or player who's got on the wrong side of him. But having declared myself as a Bristol City fan he was very courteous and didn't display any of the hate for our club that some seem to think he holds. 

3 hours ago, Elruliri said:

Talking about it on talksport at the moment 

Caught a bit of this in the car.

The chap from referees support group ( or something like that) really laid into Warnock. Warnock did his usual pantomime dame routine suggesting that he was only on the pitch at the end of the game to thank the supporters and not to harangue the referee.

One of the ex footballers on the show said that when he played against Warnock teams, Warnock and his staff were the absolute worst at going at the 4th official and was certain that Warnock’s touchline antics did mean his team got more decisions going their way - although we know that’s not possible, because Colin is always telling everyone how hard done by he is and, by the way ,  he’s 86 years old don't you know?

One of the last great characters in Football, will be a shame when he retires. He's old school and in todays society is too weak for characters like him. 

Also probably the best EFL Manager over the last 30 years, his record speaks for itself, love him or hate him it's very impressive.

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

One of the last great characters in Football, will be a shame when he retires. He's old school and in todays society is too weak for characters like him. 

Also probably the best EFL Manager over the last 30 years, his record speaks for itself, love him or hate him it's very impressive.

Truly successful managers achieve sustained progress with one club. In general, Warnock gets promotion and then leaves or gets sacked.

5 hours ago, swanker said:

Regardless of people’s opinions on Warnock I think he’s been great for the game and his achievements speak for themselves. Should imagine he’s good company and decent bloke. Would love to have a chat with him over a couple of pints. 

So would I.

Then I could tell him why I think he's such an absolute c***!

21 hours ago, TheReds said:

He did tell a player (Santos) they could go on for 10 minutes in the Battle of Bramall Lane "to do him" though. The player being Andy Johnson who told the story on the Undr The Cosh podcast.

Then why was Santos placed on the transfer list immediately after the game because of what he did in that match? And Warnock told Suffo he would never play for the Blades again after what he did in that match. They don’t really seem to be the actions of a manager who told a player to go on and ‘do him’ really ...

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Then why was Santos placed on the transfer list immediately after the game because of what he did in that match? And Warnock told Suffo he would never play for the Blades again after what he did in that match. They don’t really seem to be the actions of a manager who told a player to go on and ‘do him’ really ...

He was already told he wasn't in the plans, whether or not that was longterm or not I don't know, but he definitely mentioned he wasn't in the plans for that game whatsoever. But Andy Johnson said it was Rob Ullathorne who told him that is what Warnock said and he was there at the time. I, or anyone can believe any story that comes out, but see no reason for a player who was there to come out and say that just for a laugh. 

I have no issue with his management or his achievements, or even his pantomime villain act. I was just pointing something out that many probably wouldn't have seen or heard before (I never did until I heard that podcast).

On 20/08/2021 at 10:30, TonyTonyTony said:

You will never persuade me, and many others, that he is anything other than an obnoxious cheating ***.

Your love in with him, on a Bristol City forum, is an embarrassment, frankly.

I'd recommend reading his book, it changed my perspective on him. I think he's a decent man and actually has a lot of respect for us as a club. He'd have absolutely loved to have managed us. 

Easy to say in hindsight, but I'd be fairly confident if we'd appointed Warnock in February 2016 and given him 4 years of patience and the financial backing Johnson had he'd have got us promoted or at least in the playoffs.

Archived