IGNORED

Jack Wilshere - Free Agent

Unan

4 hours ago, MarcusX said:

A bit harsh, sick note is usually a dergoratory name for someone lazy and always calling in sick or taking the piss

I'm sure Jack would have preferred never to be injured.

I don't know why football fans choose to be so harsh on players with injury problems. No player wants to be injured

Whilst I totally agree with you on that front, the reason no one has gone in for him is because the guy has ridiculous wage demands no doubt. He needs to see it from clubs point of view, not the footballer point of view. 

Would you knowingly give someone £15k a week and likely spend half the season out injured? You wouldn't. If he really wanted to play football and still earn a decent wage, he could take a wage cut, a big one, and still live comfortably. If he stays injury free and puts himself back on the radar, he could get a move elsewhere. Win-win. 

2 hours ago, Akira said:

Whilst I totally agree with you on that front, the reason no one has gone in for him is because the guy has ridiculous wage demands no doubt. He needs to see it from clubs point of view, not the footballer point of view. 

Would you knowingly give someone £15k a week and likely spend half the season out injured? You wouldn't. If he really wanted to play football and still earn a decent wage, he could take a wage cut, a big one, and still live comfortably. If he stays injury free and puts himself back on the radar, he could get a move elsewhere. Win-win. 

I don’t know what he’s asking for but I fear you are probably right. There’s no doubt someone would take him on a low wage if he was that desperate to play

Could Jack Wilshere be heading for League One? Wigan chairman apparently has tweeted the ex-Arsenal and England star to tell him he is 'most welcome' to join the club after free agent revealed he's had NO offers and was considering retirement at the age of just 29.

4 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Could Jack Wilshere be heading for League One? Wigan chairman apparently has tweeted the ex-Arsenal and England star to tell him he is 'most welcome' to join the club after free agent revealed he's had NO offers and was considering retirement at the age of just 29.

Think I would take retirement over that option?

On 25/08/2021 at 21:54, Dolman_Stand said:

We would have the same concerns as all clubs regarding his injury record and given he would want at least 15 to 20k a week I can't imagine we would take the risk in this financial climate. Massive shame his career has turned out this way as he was phenomenal as a young player and would be somewhere near 100 cap's for England by now based on his talent only.

Only club I can think would give him a deal would be Derby as they need bodies and Rooney would know him but financially they probably aren't in a position to pay him enough.

Wage cap, £4.5k per week, permanent deal length- 1 year, and I think they might be up to their 23 player limit allowance anyway!

Archived