IGNORED

Han-Noah presser

Davefevs

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I do wonder how likely it is that he will renew… for a young lad with a lot of promise to stick around when we have arguably gone backwards since he signed,, a free transfer back to someone in ligue 1 must look tempting for him when hisncontract runs out. Obviously if we are looking a lot better he may stay on i guess

I don’t think the current regime will let him run his contract down, do you?  If when we get around to talking contract extensions he won’t sign, we’d sell asap. Don’t forget that we’d also only have to offer him a contract at his current level to be entitled to compensation.  So little to no chance he leaves here for zilch.

Nor do I think there wouldn’t be a whole host of suitors willing to pay a fee for him either if he wanted to leave / we wanted to sell.

This is not another Adam Nagy.

He actually enjoys the football style of the Championship too, one of the reasons he came here initially.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think the current regime will let him run his contract down, do you?  If when we get around to talking contract extensions he won’t sign, we’d sell asap. Don’t forget that we’d also only have to offer him a contract at his current level to be entitled to compensation.  So little to no chance he leaves here for zilch.

Nor do I think there wouldn’t be a whole host of suitors willing to pay a fee for him either if he wanted to leave / we wanted to sell.

He actually enjoys the football style of the Championship too, one of the reasons he came here initially.

I have no doubt it's a high priority. Massengo will know about Leicester's success with French imports - either bought in by Pearson directly or after his regime. He's still only very young so not at that early/mid 20s rubicon where a player has to decide how to progress their career.

I hope he's being advised sensibly - for the first time in a while (all bias aside) I genuinely think the best option for him as a young player is to stay here for the time being. 

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I will bow to your greater knowledge, but I understand under 24s can go to another country for free if they are out of contract, like what happened with agostino years ago.

with the transfer market still on its knees and french clubs not usually paying out a lot of money (with one big exception), i do wonder how motivated he is to stay?

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I have no doubt it's a high priority. Massengo will know about Leicester's success with French imports - either bought in by Pearson directly or after his regime. He's still only very young so not at that early/mid 20s rubicon where a player has to decide how to progress their career.

I hope he's being advised sensibly - for the first time in a while (all bias aside) I genuinely think the best option for him as a young player is to stay here for the time being. 

Ironically,  I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Leicester aren’t  one of the clubs eyeing him up as he nears the end of his contract. 

2 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

I will bow to your greater knowledge, but I understand under 24s can go to another country for free if they are out of contract, like what happened with agostino years ago.

with the transfer market still on its knees and french clubs not usually paying out a lot of money (with one big exception), i do wonder how motivated he is to stay?

I don’t recall the specifics with Ago, but as long as we offer him a contract of at least equal money to his current deal before he’s available for pre-contract (6 months out) the fact that he’s u23 means we are entitled to a fee (compo).  Bosman (1995) was fairly new when Ago left in 97.

For England to England moves, Bosman is 24 years of age.

8 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

How the hell do some of these people become journos? The last bloke managed to ask relevant, direct questions but the first 2 are bumbling, fumbling idiots. Useless. 

The first guy breaks every rule, I lost count of the number of closed questions he asked, you can't do that and then expect someone to expand on Yes or No answers.

3 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

What's a Peno? Is this just another example of today's sloppy modern journalism which adds an 'o' to the end of words. 

A Massengo Peno has a certain ring to it though. :)

Is it just me or is there a hint of a Bristolian accent in some of his words?

Always amuses me how many foreign footballers are into outside interests that would be considered ' nerdy' here.

Tbh...it's normal compared to here.

So many interested in culture, art, language, family, food etc etc. It's normal.

Our lot more into social media, love Island and it's sort, fast food, gangsta culture, tats, Instagram, getting pissed and cars. 

Shame...but very noticeable.

So much of Europe still engages in its culture like it's still the 50s,60s,70s...

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Is it just me or is there a hint of a Bristolian accent in some of his words

After the Blackpool game my son and I were lucky enough to bump into HNM in the car park and he very kindly obliged us with a few photos. I thanked him with a fairly decent Merci beaucoup (GCSE French “C” proud) and he replied with (and I genuinely mean this) a hearty _*no worries*- in a proper South Bristol stylee. 

Top man.  Genuinely a potential City legend. 

51 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

After the Blackpool game my son and I were lucky enough to bump into HNM in the car park and he very kindly obliged us with a few photos. I thanked him with a fairly decent Merci beaucoup (GCSE French “C” proud) and he replied with (and I genuinely mean this) a hearty _*no worries*- in a proper South Bristol stylee. 

Top man.  Genuinely a potential City legend. 

Reminds me a little  of when I met the Goat at a book signing in Bermuda. (We just happened to be there on holiday, honest!) I knew he had spotted my City shirt as I was queuing to meet him and when I introduced myself, he said "Well I'm Goat-err" in a very passable Bemmy accent. :)

Archived