IGNORED

Match Report: Bentley heroics sets up Wells ridiculous winner

Olé

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

@CiderJaraccording to Wyscout their best chances were Austin’s left footer straight at Bents, just after he’d come on and was under challenge. The Dykes shot that Bentley brilliantly pushed away and Willock’s swivelling half volley beyond the far post in stoppage time.

Chris Martin had our best xG chance and it was worth more than lots of QPR shots added together.

I still think we were lucky to get out of there with the points but a lot of their chances were hopeful. Even Dykes header onto the post was never going in imho. 

I agree totally Fevs, Many of their shots were from distance and went harmlessly wide despite the oohs and ahhs of the QPR fans and their mysterious appearance in the highlights package. But the Sky commentary was suggesting that our goal was being "peppered". There are quite a few QPR fans saying that every keeper has a worldie against them whilst also conceding that this could be more a case of their finishing being poor.

10 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I agree totally Fevs, Many of their shots were from distance and went harmlessly wide despite the oohs and ahhs of the QPR fans and their mysterious appearance in the highlights package. But the Sky commentary was suggesting that our goal was being "peppered". There are quite a few QPR fans saying that every keeper has a worldie against them whilst also conceding that this could be more a case of their finishing being poor.

DEA44BEE-5EF4-415D-9B41-E44365614590.thumb.jpeg.32e16ec04cb2405d590b7ce05c728274.jpeg

Lots and lots of little chances.  This isn’t from Wyscout, but another source.  At h-t we were a smidge ahead on xG, but I don’t look too much at the xG size for each, just the general flow.  Different xG models give different results.

58D2C2E1-CB5F-42C5-A76C-6ED0037555C8.thumb.jpeg.01aa330b0c2aaef91c9523ddd41150cc.jpeg

Ultimately we gave up too many chances, and probably got away with defeat.  But I thought we wasted some really good chances on the break too.  Plus Dasilva at the back post, who didn’t even get a shot off iirc.

QPR are a good side though.

Archived