IGNORED

Everyone confident for Barnsley ?

1960maaan

22 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

There's only one team that a club on a shocking run of form look forward to playing.

⬇️

20 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Cannon fodder is that refering to us or them. Barnsley have to see this as a great opportunity of 3 points. I am not really sure this squad have it in them to handle the pressure of it A defeat for me would signal the real chance of relegation.

I think Barnsley will be talking now about how we are mentally weak and that if they keep us at bay and get the crowd on our backs it's there for the taking.

im confident we will come out all guns blazing, martin on the bench as an impact sub incase we have to go long to break them down.

3-0 up at half time then the most majorist squeaky bum last 15 mins ever after they pull 2 back. pitch invasion when we win 3-2 with nige crowd surfing down to the robins to get a round in

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Honestly; I don't see any reason to be confident. We're in terrible form.

I guess you could say it's an opportunity against a weaker side, but that's about it. No easy games in this league.

Presumably their fans are feeling confident about facing us, with our current form too?

Edited by YGBjammy

24 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Confident yes…….. £10 on draw at 9/4 makes £32.50, and £10 on Barnsley win at 21/20 makes £31 - if on the complete chance City actually win it’ll be worth the £20 bet, either way I win ?

Infact Barnsley are 14/1 to win from behind too! 

a friend of mine just asked what the odds on barnsley equalising in injury time are.....

51 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

a friend of mine just asked what the odds on barnsley equalising in injury time are.....

51 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

It’s not on Sky Bet, but I did try looking up goal scores after 90min

On 24/10/2021 at 17:00, 1960maaan said:

I know I posted that bit about having one of the more difficult starts and that.
Well, next week, Barnsley ? Cannon fodder surely.
Well my mind goes back to 1973/4, Palace were coming to the Gate. I was 14, only been going down for a few years and expected to win every game, specially this one.
Palace hadn't't won a game all season, this was November time,16 or so games in, hadn't won. We would smash them wouldn't we?
Wouldn't we ......

468942725_Screenshot2021-10-24at16_52_03.png.9c92ff51ba1a9c98543d2dfb020d376c.png

At least Barnsley have won a game already.

855065576_Screenshot2021-10-24at16_55_21.png.7aa5891af14bbd96283b7932240c94d5.png

Strange how things stick in your mind.

Probably be a draw?   I am going for 0-0  or 1-1.   We never score more than 1 at home.

Re the thread title, the ones we want to be confident are the players. I've rarely seen such a less confident side in all my years watching City. It's why the ball keeps going backwards and why no one is prepared to try something different and positive. That spreads to the fans and you could feel the tension building in that Forest game. I said to a mate that if we were 3-0 up with 15 mins to go, I would still not be confident. Surprised yes,  but not confident. Sitting back on a one goal lead is fatal for us. There is a reason we never go on to score 4 or 5. Its all about players confidence and belief,  and at the present, they don't have any.