IGNORED

Everyone confident for Barnsley ?

1960maaan

I know I posted that bit about having one of the more difficult starts and that.
Well, next week, Barnsley ? Cannon fodder surely.
Well my mind goes back to 1973/4, Palace were coming to the Gate. I was 14, only been going down for a few years and expected to win every game, specially this one.
Palace hadn't't won a game all season, this was November time,16 or so games in, hadn't won. We would smash them wouldn't we?
Wouldn't we ......

468942725_Screenshot2021-10-24at16_52_03.png.9c92ff51ba1a9c98543d2dfb020d376c.png

At least Barnsley have won a game already.

855065576_Screenshot2021-10-24at16_55_21.png.7aa5891af14bbd96283b7932240c94d5.png

Strange how things stick in your mind.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

Just now, Jerseybean said:

Man Utd are four down at home at half time right now………despite our shocking home record we haven’t had to deal with that kind of a dicking.

Another team with no plan nor obvious coaching. Absolute piece of piss 1st half for Liverpool. Utd zero defending from the front, could get uglier. Only hope, Pogba and Cavani + Liverpool 3 sent off.

"Well my mind goes back to 1973/4, Palace were coming to the Gate." I was working away at the time and afterwards asked a mate how come City lost this 'un. "It was just one of those games" was his reply.

Yes; I am confident about City beating Barnsley, but then, I was confident of us beating Forest.

We need to win this really. I think fans will lose confidence even if we draw. Despite the context of being recently relegated sides, fan confidence is right down after WBA and Bournemouth. I think this is because it's really demonstrated how far we have to go.

I'm not confident at all - I don't think we have the range of options or quality in the squad to ever be 'confident' of beating any team at this level. I think we can do it though, and if we do it'll be a huge weight lifted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I know I posted that bit about having one of the more difficult starts and that.
Well, next week, Barnsley ? Cannon fodder surely.
Well my mind goes back to 1973/4, Palace were coming to the Gate. I was 14, only been going down for a few years and expected to win every game, specially this one.
Palace hadn't't won a game all season, this was November time,16 or so games in, hadn't won. We would smash them wouldn't we?
Wouldn't we ......

468942725_Screenshot2021-10-24at16_52_03.png.9c92ff51ba1a9c98543d2dfb020d376c.png

At least Barnsley have won a game already.

855065576_Screenshot2021-10-24at16_55_21.png.7aa5891af14bbd96283b7932240c94d5.png

Strange how things stick in your mind.

Can still remember the scorer too, Alan Whittle, can also see the goal , down the East End , he swivelled and scored from about 6 yards. Yes its funny how things stick in your memory , even from 50 years ago.

• Like 1

for all the reasons given in other posts, i dont think we will or should get rid of Pearson, but considering our recent results

and the fact that we are playing Barnsley who are not Bournemouth or WBA i think he would possibly be drinking in

the last chance saloon on Saturday. We simply cannot go on losing at the rate we are at the moment.

cant see anything other than  a home win. not disappointed about wba result,was better than expected but would expect nige to try and make amends for the horror 5 mins tuesday night also not trying to rely on a one goal lead would help. we are harder to play against going forward,even good at times so why not press for the 90 and see where we end up.

forest and huddersfield got thumped by fulham and bournemouth,no surprise we copped the same from west brom

• Like 1

Echo a lot of the above.  This is a massive game for us and the team have to put in a performance. The wheels are really wobbling now, the vehicle is shaking and we are in dangeer of a  messy crash.  

It was a horrible watch on Saturday, and I was so frustrated by the lack of any cohesion that, for the first time in over 10 years of watching City, I had to turn the game off.  To me, it looked like most of the players did not know what they were doing and as a consequence they weren't committed to being competitive.  There has to be a reation from the team to that, and I think we all really want to see one on Saturday.  Better team formation or better coaching in that 3-4-1-2 (or whatever it is) will be massively important in helping that to happen.  

Its going to be tense at the Gate, but I hope that the home support volume is cranked up, avoids any of the negativity of Saturday and that we keep it going through the 95 minutes.  They are going to need us just as we need a response from them.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

We need at least a 2 goal advantage going into the 90th minute, otherwise we all know what is going to happen. Even if its a draw, if we have had 90 minutes of passion and decent attacking football i know i could accept that

scored 2 in 4 minutes yesterday, make that at least 3.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Let’s hope they don’t sack their manager this week and then benefit from new manager “bounce” next Saturday.

I’m sure Nige will get the players right up for the game though…..??.

COYRs

Beat me to it. That’s the only way I can see us not ending this voodoo on Saturday.

It’s a must-win for us. It’ll be these types of games that will go a long way to determining whether or not we stay up IMO, not the AFCB or WBA ones.