IGNORED

Birmingham City away match day thread

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

He’s inherited a carbon copy of what O’driscoll took on in 2013. A terrible unbalanced squad that was put together by mark ashton. He’s had to trim the squad & the wage bill. The clubs a ******* mess. 

Performances should be better than this

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

You’re a clown mate. It’s his fault we’ve been signing shit players for three years is it ? 

No it's not but nige has been there and done it so not being able to just set up a difficult team to  beat tonight is his job and he seems unable to get any sort of system at all and I am a pearson fan.

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

**** me are you that daft. What has he got to pick from? Look at vyner tonight . League one at best. Bakinson has had a ok game for him but he’s not good enough. O’dowda , league one player. Pearson said in the summer , we had to reduce the wage bill , hence  12 players being released. Wake up & smell the coffee , this is at lansdowns door . 

He signed james king simpson atkinson tanner and re-signed baker and weimann. Thats 7. We all know the likes of cod and palmer are a waste of space, but at what point do you think pearson is responsible for the total lack of motivation in our displays? If he takes us down is he not responsible in any way?

To lose heavily against very average opponents is another stark reminder of the challenge we face.

In a nutshell - another poor performance, one shot on target in the 92 minute, unable to string passes together or retain the ball, some players starting to look disheartened / frustrated, others looking simply not good enough.

Genuine question probably for @davefevs how much did our wage bill drop due to getting shot of so many players?

Sad to say but we are short of decent Championship players.  Some are at this level, but too few, some are making it to this level, some are falling off from this level, and some have never reach or will reach it.

Feel sorry for Nige.  All he can do is try and keep us up until he can sign new recruits

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

If Pearson spat on some fans I swear they’d blame Ashton.  It’s not Ashtons fault our defending is atrocious 

It’s because they overate his ability as a manager so assume it can’t possibly be his fault. He’s been a busted flush for a good number of years…

Edited by SedRA
1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

He’s inherited a carbon copy of what O’driscoll took on in 2013. A terrible unbalanced squad that was put together by mark ashton. He’s had to trim the squad & the wage bill. The clubs a ******* mess. 

I'm sick and tired of this explanation now. I honestly believe that there are coaches who could organise this squad to at least look competent. That is not much to ask. This is going nowhere.

• Like 2