IGNORED

Let’s blame Johnson

Herbsley

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Their forum doesn’t make pleasant reading…

Apparently they were the best team between the boxes last night… it hasn’t gone down well. 

Does any forum read well after a 3-0 defeat?

Especially when that is following a 5-1 loss.

They were a team outside the playoffs when he took over.

Now they're a team in the playoffs and still in touch with autos at this stage of the season.

That said, we were in that position when he managed here a couple of times, and it's where he gets them in May that matters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Herbsley said:

That’ll be the funds he had from the sales he had to make.

So bored with all the ‘it’s all LJ’s fault’. Since the messiah took over we have been absolutely dire. The last two games have said it all. Even with the 3 points on Saturday there is no avoiding that we were fortunate to come away with a win and notwithstanding, the recent games have been totally turgid to watch!!

Perfectly articulated. 

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

They should thank their lucky stars the haven't got Pearson going on about seats on bus's.

He's done that no more than twice, you talk as if he does it in every single interview.

I get that you don't like him and would rather he wasn't here, but you'd be taken far more seriously if you didn't make things up to suit your agenda.

11 hours ago, Herbsley said:

This has been like watching the days of O Driscoll. Makes me laugh when I read on here people blaming LJ for all our current travails. Bring me back his style of football any day. 

Thats not what the Sunderland fans think. Their forum is more angry than this one.

Edited by BS3_RED

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

He's done that no more than twice, you talk as if he does it in every single interview.

I get that you don't like him and would rather he wasn't here, but you'd be taken far more seriously if you didn't make things up to suit your agenda.

He did talk about seats on a bus - that is a fact. nothing made up.

Is LJ culpable for our current situation? Maybe to some degree but, IMHO, the main culprit is the used car salesman with his egotistical spending and appointment of 'the outstanding candidate' to replace LJ. I don't blame Holden for taking it but Ashton for even thinking it was the right appointment.

Did he run as he could see his cock up and what would happen?

Useless, egotistical, slimy prat! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is LJ culpable for our current situation? Maybe to some degree but, IMHO, the main culprit is the used car salesman with his egotistical spending and appointment of 'the outstanding candidate' to replace LJ. I don't blame Holden for taking it but Ashton for even thinking it was the right appointment.

Did he run as he could see his cock up and what would happen?

Useless, egotistical, slimy prat! 

He employed Pearson.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yes, I know he did, I said as much in my post.

My point is that you and others talk as if he pulls it out in every interview and use it as a stick to beat him with when he's done nothing of the sort.

Ah O.K. 

But just to be clear nothing was made up ?

39 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I have the feeling they are just about to experience an LJ losing streak

It will be quite interesting to see if he has learned his lesson and is able to turn it around. They've had 2 bad defeats and are going to acquire more games in hand due to internationals. He will have to get a win in the next couple of games I think or his job will be under threat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

Thats not what the Sunderland fans think. Their forum is more angry than this one.

Hardly surprising given their last two results. I doubt it was particularly "angry" last Thursday though, after they'd just knocked out a top end C'ship club in the League Cup to secure a place in the QFs and were second in the league. 

4 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

He employed Pearson.

Appreciated but most were happy to get a 'proven' Manager. IMHO, the damage was already done.

Yes, our time under NP has been abject but the decline started way before NP arrived.

Up to now, disappointingly, NP has been unable to stop that decline. Can he do it? Not sure TBH.

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Appreciated but most were happy to get a 'proven' Manager. IMHO, the damage was already done.

Yes, our time under NP has been abject but the decline started way before NP arrived.

You may have a point there but there is some convenient re-writing of history from some at times.

49 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Up to now, disappointingly, NP has been unable to stop that decline. Can he do it? Not sure TBH.

I typed out pretty much this, then deleted it as I went on.

One thing I'd say though, the fans weren't just happy to get a proven/experienced Manager, they (we) were desperate for it.
I also came to the same conclusion as you.

The thing I get stuck with, we needed a big rebuild. Pearson has started with the backroom staff, and with the 2 coaches leaving I have the feeling he is nearer completing that. He may want to add DoF, head scout or someone, but it feels like a big part of that job is done. While he has been handicapped with limited funds and having to offload 14 or so players. I'm still concerned.  If we changed manager/coach now we would almost be starting again and the last 2 changes haven't brought much of an upturn in form. 
I have no idea who would be available, I do think that Lansdown will have thought about change though. Relegation would be a massive step back and could see us struggle to get back quickly. 

Without doubt, this decline started under Johnson. How much was Ashtons fault, who knows. Holden couldn't address it, Pearson looks like he can't. But where do you go from here?

• Like 2