IGNORED

Is this a relegation season?

Marina's Rolls Royce

2 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

Think SL is being exposed now by the last 3 shambolic seasons under Ashton. Embarrassing.

How are they shambolic when we weren't - at any point- looking like relegation candidates . It's only been been since NP that we've been truy shambolic.

Just look at the stats or go to a match if you haven't recently.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

It was going nowhere under Lee Johnson, a much slower decline I’ll grant you. 

Poor old uncle Steve the only ray of sunshine was somebody he didn’t even want ??

I dont agree. Lee was one of our better managers. 

Blame Lee, blame Ashton , blame the owners but just dont blame the poor old manager.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I dont agree. Lee was one of our better managers. 

Blame Lee, blame Ashton , blame the owners but just dont blame the poor old manager.

I’ll happily blame Pearson.

Lee wasn’t that great he failed and failed and failed again with everything at his disposal.

As for Steve, 20 years of kickining around Div 2 and 3. Much like the previous 20 years.

• Flames 1

If this is the squad/manager that gets us relegated then I truly believe it’ll be better for City in the long long run. It’ll mean we’ve got a dire set of cards and are in need of a re-shuffling. Just like we did when went down last time. 

is it better to go down and reshuffle or slowly delay the possibly inevitable? 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Genuinely- no I don''t. If you mean that he didn't get us to the Prem then I'd agree- he failed slowly 

We’ll always agree to disagree on Lee Johnson. It’s okay.

We both love City for some unknown reason ?

7 minutes ago, Sturny said:

If this is the squad/manager that gets us relegated then I truly believe it’ll be better for City in the long long run. It’ll mean we’ve got a dire set of cards and are in need of a re-shuffling. Just like we did when went down last time. 

is it better to go down and reshuffle or slowly delay the possibly inevitable? 

Look how long it took us to get back up.

Undoubtedly, we will go down with this squad. We just haven’t the physical or mental strength to compete for a mid table position.

Was rather hoping the fitness and injury issues would be resolved. They haven’t been and I rather suspect they can’t be due to our collection of injury-prone and past it players. 

Confidence inevitably has drained from our half dozen Championship-level players, who have now been dragged down to our non-performers standards. 

The only hope is action early in the January window. We’ve just got to scrape as many points out of the next two months as possible. 

I’d go one up front now and just pack the midfield, hope for the best and try to scrape some dull 0-0’s together. 

Depressing. 

• Like 1

I don't think we'll be relegated - IMO there will  probably be 3 teams with less points than us come the end of the season.

I do think it could be a long painful season though. Unfortunately, there's not much the club could do to change that. We can't afford to spend in January, and I'm not sure that there's (realistically) a manager better placed to get something out of the squad than Pearson. Even if there was - how will we attract him? We've become a significantly less attractive proposition over the last few years.

We're in a crap position as a club, and basically just have to ride it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Enough of the Ashton Johnson Lansdown blame triangle.

I've been supporting City long enough to get the feel- and the feel is that we are fodder. NP has been a top manager in his day but his day has gone- just look at the stats.

Is it Nige's fault? Probably not but , imo, a different solution is needed sooner than later. It was much much better with Lee but that's not part of the NP messiah narrative.

We will go down unless SL/JL take financial and coaching action now.

Well Johnson might be available soon the way Sunderland are going.

Without serious investment in the squad it could well be a disastrous season. But as many posters on here are so happy to point out - we can’t because of FFP. 

Sod FFP, how about FFS that we have got to this point through total financial mismanagement under MA and LJ.

Wasted millions on dross and bloated the squad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Well Johnson might be available soon the way Sunderland are going.

5th in the League with a game in hand and quarter finals of the League Cup? Play offs last season in first season?

I've been watching BCFC in League 1 ( Div 3) for most of my life and I'd take that all day long.

And if they get rid of Lee- there is zero chance that they'd want Pearson!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

5th in the League with a game in hand and quarter finals of the League Cup? Play offs last season in first season?

I've been watching BCFC in League 1 ( Div 3) for most of my life and I'd take that all day long.

And if they get rid of Lee- there is zero chance that they'd want Pearson!

They have conceaded  12 goals in their last 3 away games and lost 4 in a row, ring any bells?

The Sunderland fans have alreay had enough.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

They have conceaded  12 goals in their last 3 away games and lost 4 in a row, ring any bells?

The Sunderland fans have alreay had enough.

rarely have a more self entitled bunch of fans have ever existed.

And to repeat:

5th in the League with a game in hand and quarter finals of the League Cup. Play offs last season in first season.