IGNORED

Now James is fit can we get rid of Bakinson

Better Red

15 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Disgraceful ?  
with a very young midfield I thought as a unit they were well organised & coached today . Do I think tyreeq is good enough , possibly not but. 
 We also have Han Noah who at times , especially at sheff Utd chases a ball like a under 10 player . I thought with wiemann and as a team we stifled derby today . 
there was about 30 yards between our back 3 & our front players. Derby wanted to play through us but there was no space . Their only outlet was their right winger . We controlled them really well. 

Yes  disgrace same as Sheffield U.

just watch him for 10 mins in any game and you will agree. 

Not sure why people are still defined him.

He is never a Championship player that’s obvious.

He shows how desperate we are at the moment in the middle of the park with injuries.

The good news is he time is coming to end once Williams is fit not sure he will even make the bench.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Agreed, not totally sold on NPs man management overall so far (as you are aware) but like all aspects this has improved since he came back from illness.

I am definitely getting more hopeful and seeing some light !

Time is a great healer.

Patience is a card game! ?

• Like 1

Just now, johnheadbcfc said:

Not because of the yellow card ?

No because he is a disgrace.

we know who won’t get another yellow for a late tackle because I have barley seem get close enough to tackle.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Content like this make me think I should retire from the forum. Absolutely the wrong day to slag this man off. 

I have been critical of Bakinson in the tackle and going into 50/50 balls. He didn’t shirk tackles today. He went into the odd aerial battle. All that with his normal quality on the ball getting his head up and looking for runners. 

Idk what you expect from city players but sounds like you want Bakinson to be Vieira reincarnated. He is at Bristol City for a reason. We don’t have a complete midfielder at the club. Bakinson adds what no one else can which is vision and a forward pass. The abuse of the lad is embarrassing. 

You mean honesty.

5 minutes ago, Better Red said:

No because he is a disgrace.

we know who won’t get another yellow for a late tackle because I have barley seem get close enough to tackle.

You mean honesty.

Yes honestly. He is a very good player. I’d pick him over James personally. At his best think he offers more than James. But the sub was a good one today. Personally I’d have one or the other. Not both on the pitch at the same time. So it is a preference thing. For me, today, it 100% suited Bakinson and his vision more than James and his graft. Thought James was excellent when he came on but can’t play every game so having both is a good situation. 

Personally just think it is disgusting the abuse Bakinson gets. I am not sure he has ever been the worst player on the pitch. Yet he gets talked about like he is of conference level. That is not the case. You have to build a midfield to support Bakinson at his current ability and maybe not as much so for James. But we are dealing with a 23 year old in his second season at this level. NP has made his statements about players not committed yet Bakinson has been involved to almost Weimann and Martin levels and has gotten an extension. It is clear he is rated. Yet @Better Redwants rid. We are a championship club and we won’t get a complete player at any position. 

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Stick James into a MF3 with HNM & Bakinson and it would bring more out of Nan & TB. Our MF is lightweight, but any MF needs balance. 
Have all ball winners= no creativity
Have all creative players= Noway of winning the ball

Bakinson has attributes that need players around him to help out. HNM is similar you want a steadying influence or ball winner and then let the others do the creative stuff.

That is the problem with this midfield. In his career, Han Noah has only scored approx  2 league goals in 78 matches; Bakinson  has only scored  7 in 78 and James 10 in 185. In other words approx 19 goals from 345 games from this midfield 3 

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

Bakinson’s challenge is that when we are on the front foot, he is fine.

The moment the game gets scrappy or we have to dig in, he simply gets lost and doesn’t contribute.

It’s such a shame.

Wonderful feet and easy to see how he coasts through the academy system, but cannot impose himself at all.

Poor mans Pogba then 

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

@Better Redon the piss tonight. Good wind up lad got me going for a minute

‘Bakinson over James’… You must be the only one who will ever say that..

And even better ‘ he is a very good player’ come on is L1 at best 

‘Not sure he has been our worst player on the pitch’ -Today? The game before that I could go on…

Thats all you had to say. 

Possibly the most ridiculous statement anyone has posted this year.

Yea I do want rid.. 

Contract extended to protect an preseved asset not because he is rated..

Only rated by you.

Bettet than James priceless

• Confused 1

I said at half time, I felt HNM and Bakinson both did ok as individuals but poorly as a pair...

No cohesion there which a better team would have punished, however both worked hard and had positive moments going forward. Still not sure HNM is ready to play in a midfield two and don't think Bakinson compliments him.

However Tyreeq did ok today especially first half and hopefully James coming back allows both players to flourish a bit more. Its a strange one as there is definitely a player in there but I'm concerned that Bakinson won't ever find that consistency at championship level.

Think he's technically got the lot, would like to see him physically impose himself more in games. On that note, what caused the handbags with the Derby player? I only saw the end but looked a feisty one?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Better Red said:

‘Bakinson over James’… You must be the only one who will ever say that..

And even better ‘ he is a very good player’ come on is L1 at best 

‘Not sure he has been our worst player on the pitch’ -Today? The game before that I could go on…

Thats all you had to say. 

Possibly the most ridiculous statement anyone has posted this year.

Yea I do want rid.. 

Contract extended to protect an preseved asset not because he is rated..

Only rated by you.

Bettet than James priceless

? how can you preserve an asset but he is a L1 or L2 player? How much we making off him if Accrington come in for him? ? surely we’d be better off letting him leave on a free?

Mate get a few glasses of water down you. Maybe some ibuprofen and paracetamol and sleep this off mucker. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

? how can you preserve an asset but he is a L1 or L2 player? How much we making off him if Accrington come in for him? ? surely we’d be better off letting him leave on a free?

Mate get a few glasses of water down you. Maybe some ibuprofen and paracetamol and sleep this off mucker. 

I would let him go for free will never get rid of for a fee. Poor decision by the club

Bakinson is better than James… I am still laughing 

You must be on the wind up.

17 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Our CM picks are probably:

James

Williams

King

Massengo

Bakinson

Sorry but we can't expect the 5th best CM at the club to be tearing up trees. We're not man city

Not 5th best according to JoeAman08 but No 1..

I would put Beneraus and Scott before him on that list. I would rather play both instead of him at least they will give 100% effort every game even if not in the best position.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Re bold bit…You’re probably right, but that’s the whole point of a squad at this level, they don’t all be the same.  Even Liverpool and Man City don’t look as good without certain players. But as it stands, since he’s come back into the team v Barnsley, he’s played a part in getting 10 points from 7 games, so at least played a part in our better results.

Yes I have slatted Bakinson lots . But thought past two home games he was decent and helped the team. I was unable to go today so can not comment on his performance today . I just wonder if his team orders maybe just does not allow his preferred game style to flourish and he struggles with that. Because even bring kind to him he is not in the side with a fully fit midfield of the squad

I have just returned to this thread to find that my thoughts about @Better Red and his post were correct.

Clearly a pre match opinion posted post match. The bit I hadn't considered is that he has obviously upset him in some terrible way, cut him up in traffic maybe or bought the last pasty before him in Greggs.

• Like 2