IGNORED

Todays gate

DT The Optimist

Yes. Announced that attendance 18k and something.  Yes, I know they count season tickets holders who do not show, but honestly how many bums on seat in todays match.  

I thought the concourses were pretty empty, the South stand certainly emptier than normal. Great gaps around me in the Dolman. So quiet I wondered over to the Lansdown second half as that was also no where near line it normally is. Took a seat not far from dug out. Loads room. 
Bums on seats today. 12k perhaps.  Covid impact ?  Wish they would tell us how many actually come through the turnstiles today

Edited by DT The Optimist
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Loads of empty seats all round the ground. No more than 13k in the ground I reckon.

Agree with you. Why oh why do we have this nonsense of stating an attendance which includes no shows. If that is the case. Perhaps the 12000 season tickets holders did show and there were no pay on the day?    Wonder if that is the same with all clubs doing this. Cannot see what’s gained by doing this 

33 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Agree with you. Why oh why do we have this nonsense of stating an attendance which includes no shows. If that is the case. Perhaps the 12000 season tickets holders did show and there were no pay on the day?    Wonder if that is the same with all clubs doing this. Cannot see what’s gained by doing this 

Fairly sure all clubs do it now, think it's to do with tax purposes as in they have to announce how many tickets have been sold. I have seen actual attendance figures  at AG and I'm sure in normal circumstances it's about 1500 less than ticket sales on average, today wasn't normal circumstances to be fair. 

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I wonder how clubs would fair if there was a genuine fire drill as you would think knowing how many were in the stadium would be critical 

There are multiple routes to final evacuation points and with many of them external there aren't short term, critical evacuation times required.

In which case the FRA dictates there's little risk in knowing who is where? In the stands Fire Marshalls will move top to bottom to establish nobody is in occupation but other than than how many or who is irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

There are multiple routes to final evacuation points and with many of them external there aren't short term, critical evacuation times required.

In which case the FRA dictates there's little risk in knowing who is where? In the stands Fire Marshalls will move top to bottom to establish nobody is in occupation but other than than how many or who is irrelevant.

Thanks for the insight as you hope that clubs have everyting covered but very rarely hear about what procedures are in place.

45 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Yes and it comes up every season. This is a EFL edict and whilst I disagree with it, it certainly makes sense from a marketing angle.

9 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Thanks for the insight as you hope that clubs have everyting covered but very rarely hear about what procedures are in place.

It's a fairly standard strategy for large buildings with unknown or irregular footfall.

I used to be responsible for dozens of buildings, many highly secure, but you still adopt a similar protocol given, though they shouldn't, punters will tailgate and do things they should not. 

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

Yes. Announced that attendance 18k and something.  Yes, I know they count season tickets holders who do not show, but honestly how many bums on seat in todays match.  

I thought the concourses were pretty empty, the South stand certainly emptier than normal. Great gaps around me in the Dolman. So quiet I wondered over to the Lansdown second half as that was also no where near line it normally is. Took a seat not far from dug out. Loads room. 
Bums on seats today. 12k perhaps.  Covid impact ?  Wish they would tell us how many actually come through the turnstiles today

I did the same although a bit further along level with the 18 yard line. 

11 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Fairly sure all clubs do it now, think it's to do with tax purposes as in they have to announce how many tickets have been sold. I have seen actual attendance figures  at AG and I'm sure in normal circumstances it's about 1500 less than ticket sales on average, today wasn't normal circumstances to be fair. 

The Revenue you report is always going to be on sales, the taxman doesn't give two hoots about how many people turn up and whether you report that as your attendance to the media rather than the sales figure. What sounds best to you  - 23 games pitch-side advertising with 14k or 20k eyeballs on. Makes marketing sense and is per EFL requirements. Probably 10+ years since we've been able to reply on the attendance figure for actual attendees. For authenticity it might be more useful if they referred to figures as 'tickets sold'.

• Like 1

Todays really low turn out can most likely be attributed to concerns for Covid infections and not wanting to put Xmas plans at risk ?  

Who knows, certainly not last minute shoppers staying away.  My other half works in retail, very quiet.   reported quiet at the Mall and Cabot. 
move onto the Xmas fixtures. Traditionally big gates as people get out. We have QPR  at home between Boxing Day and New Year.  Depending on what happens hopefully bigger  decent gates. Getting in was a breeze showing your covid status. 

29 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

It's not like school where there take an attendance register is it ?

They do at Worthing in Isthmian Premier take an accurate account in derby games to ensure numbers are within those legally allowed.  Not rocket science just another aspect of modern league football that they CHOOSE to give inflated numbers

Just now, Ivorguy said:

They do at Worthing in Isthmian Premier take an accurate account in derby games to ensure numbers are within those legally allowed.  Not rocket science just another aspect of modern league football that they CHOOSE to give inflated numbers

Like all clubs City do that, not we'd ever get near the licenced approvals.

2 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Bought a season ticket this year….been about 4 times 

absolutely no interest in watching that squad of players anymore.  It really is one of the worst ‘teams’ I’ve seen in my 26 years of having a season ticket holder 

Covid will be a tiny part. 90% of the missing supporters is because we have a squad of wasters, being managed by a manager who is clearly passed his sell by date 

Everything about the club and match day experience these days is dire 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1