IGNORED

Todays gate

DT The Optimist

6 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

So if I understand this right.  

We are trying to pull a fast one, by announcing more people in/tickets sold , than we actually have ? I know in times gone by there was some "poetic Licence" with figures. Announce less than were there, all cash, so hide it and no Tax etc. More money for the Club. I'm not following the idea we say there are more there than we sold though, with everything involved I'm not sure this scam is a winner.

I wonder if they actually bother keeping the data of 'bums on seats' . The figure they need for accounts is tickets sold, so I guess this is the one they go with.

My understanding is that they would have both sets of figures internally.

The claimed attendance of 18k (I think it was) is because as with all clubs, season ticket holders or tickets sold are counted as attending regardless but the club, indeed any club will have both sets.

Probably more like 12k yesterday? Again though tickets sold will often outstretch those actually in the ground.

As for any breakdown I certainly think that the Dolman was fullest as a % yesterday and perhaps although I don't know for sure, in absolute terms.

• Like 1

Just to play Devil's Advocate, in terms of the self-isolation over Christmas bit..

Surely you only know you need to self-isolate if you get pinged, Test and traced whatever. Symptoms too but otoh the symptoms are similar to a cold in a range of cases.

If someone doesn't have the NHS App ie the pingdemic one, and they don't get ill then the chances are that a trip to the football won't result in having to self-isolate over Christmas? Of course it depends on their testing requirements as well.