IGNORED

Is the QPR game Still On?

Swede

8 minutes ago, Swede said:

Just putting it out there. There seems a lot of games postponed due to Covid now, especially involving teams from London. I know there are exceptions to the rule but will this one be affected as well? 

I think we’re one of the clubs that seem to be on top of our Covid issues in regards to the players and making sure they’re boosted etc.

Obviously the Luton postponement was at the request of Luton so I guess we’ll have to wait and see. If it does go ahead it’ll probably one of the few.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Swede said:

Just putting it out there. There seems a lot of games postponed due to Covid now, especially involving teams from London. I know there are exceptions to the rule but will this one be affected as well? 

Clubs  are being a little slow on giving out any information if games will be on that are only 2-3 days away considering many need to book tickets and make travel arrangements.

Edited by Shaun Taylor

11 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Clubs  are being a little slow on giving out any information if games will be on that are only 2-3 days away considering many need to book tickets and make travel arrangements.

I suppose with daily Covid testing it`s inevitable - look at the Test Match this morning for instance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Not sure how they can give out information (unless they’ve got cases already). it could all change on the day if several players test positive 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Many clubs don’t know what their situation will be tomorrow let alone 2-3 days time 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Many clubs don’t know what their situation will be tomorrow let alone 2-3 days time 

Exactly, let us be totally honest we will not know if City v QPR is going to be played for certain until about 3-4 hours before kick off. Tougher on the Hoops fans who would have already set out by then. For most City fans we wouldn't have left our front doors by the time of an 100% decision.

• Like 2

As some clubs have had more postponements than others, a fixture back log is already occurring, but some clubs will have more games to play in the next few months than others, especially if they then have a good cup run.

At a guess, one or two clubs may find themselves playing Sat - Tue - Thur for the last week or two of the season. Clubs with small squads will thus be fielding weak teams for certain fixtures.

As an aside regarding games (not just football)scheduled for broadcasting that have been called off, one sports channel has even broadcast in it's place "Axe throwing championship". Any one ever say to the school sports teacher "Please sir, can I have a go at axe throwing please?"

1 hour ago, 22A said:

As some clubs have had more postponements than others, a fixture back log is already occurring, but some clubs will have more games to play in the next few months than others, especially if they then have a good cup run.

At a guess, one or two clubs may find themselves playing Sat - Tue - Thur for the last week or two of the season. Clubs with small squads will thus be fielding weak teams for certain fixtures.

As an aside regarding games (not just football)scheduled for broadcasting that have been called off, one sports channel has even broadcast in it's place "Axe throwing championship". Any one ever say to the school sports teacher "Please sir, can I have a go at axe throwing please?""

Yea, some kid called Eugene did. (For those of a certain vintage).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, 22A said:

It's a very long way from getting to that stage, there are currently only three midweek fixtures between now and the end of the season