IGNORED

Ranked - The 100 Best Football Stadiums in Britain

Olé

Evidently there are a few Gasheads working at FourFourTwo on a wind up 

• 76 Ashton Gate
  • 75 Twerton Park
  • 71 Memorial Stadium

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-the-100-best-football-stadiums-grounds-britain-uk-england-scotland-wales

Bournemouth are 3 places above us, and Stoke and Bolton despite both being new builds in the middle of nowhere are in the top 50 if you want to get the measure of this ranking. Villa Park is below only Anfield, Fulham and Old Trafford in England, proving the people who came up with this nonsense have never been to a real match in their lives. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Olé said:

• 76 Ashton Gate
  • 75 Twerton Park
  • 71 Memorial Stadium

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-the-100-best-football-stadiums-grounds-britain-uk-england-scotland-wales

Bournemouth are 3 places above us, and Stoke and Bolton despite both being new builds in the middle of nowhere are in the top 50 if you want to get the measure of this ranking. Villa Park is below only Anfield, Fulham and Old Trafford in England, proving the people who came up with this nonsense have never been to a real match in their lives. 

Thanks for sharing @Olé mate. 

What a complete load of subjective rubbish! It’s based on “match day experience”?! What does that even mean? This can mean different things to different people and indeed can change each time you visit a ground. Some people might like ease of access, proximity to pubs, food and drink, some people might like the acoustics, atmosphere or the odd confrontation. 

I’ve been to plenty of those ground and some of the so-say good ones I thought were shit; but I can appreciate some might think them good. 

Only half decent way to do this would be to survey every fan at every ground but even then the above applies. 

As people have said here all they will care about is that we are talking about it. 

1 minute ago, shepton red said:

It’s a nonsense survey, but 442 won’t care, they have got us talking about their magazine and I am sure that is reflected across many forums. No such thing as bad publicity ?‍♂️

It's not even a survey (I think WSC or Football Away Days magazines have done proper ones of those which seemed fairly sensible as a democratic view normally is) this is just their writers coming up with a list. I think you could be right about a deliberate stunt to get publicity by winding up as many supporters as possible - Swansea/Cardiff one place difference, Old Firm one place difference, City/Rovers a few places difference, and Norwich top 20 and Ipswich not even in the 100.

They seem to jump around between their criteria - location, atmosphere, history, quirkiness, new stadium design - in a way that makes so many of the selections contradictory. It would be hard to come up with a worse list than this without setting out deliberately with that agenda, which is probably how they started this sh*tstirring. Emirates stadium 11th FFS. 

49 minutes ago, One Team said:

Thanks for sharing @Olé mate. 

What a complete load of subjective rubbish! It’s based on “match day experience”?! What does that even mean? This can mean different things to different people and indeed can change each time you visit a ground. Some people might like ease of access, proximity to pubs, food and drink, some people might like the acoustics, atmosphere or the odd confrontation. 

I’ve been to plenty of those ground and some of the so-say good ones I thought were shit; but I can appreciate some might think them good. 

Only half decent way to do this would be to survey every fan at every ground but even then the above applies. 

As people have said here all they will care about is that we are talking about it. 

You're right about the subjective side of these polls. I hate the Ricoh and where it is etc, but I have never seen us lose there and the Kings of Leon absolutely blasted the place one year, so I have very fond memories of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olé said:

• 76 Ashton Gate
  • 75 Twerton Park
  • 71 Memorial Stadium

I read this list earlier Via a clickbait pop-up, instantly thought what a load of nonsense and not worth any more thought!

14 hours ago, Olé said:

• 76 Ashton Gate
  • 75 Twerton Park
  • 71 Memorial Stadium

Yeovil 33! 

13 hours ago, Tin Soldier said:

I’m surprised AG is 76 TBF as it is a soulless stadium in my opinion.
Go and sit in the Lansdown, it is like a library up there.

I think aesthetically it looks quite nice as new builds/redevelopments go - but agree it is pretty soulless. Atmosphere is generally pretty poor due to location of vocal fans relative to away support and the insistence on keeping lights on during night games doesn’t help. All these little touches add up.

I know these things are subjective, but it’s a weird list. I don’t know how bland stadiums like Bournemouth’s make the list, whereas decent traditional grounds like Portman Road don’t. 

Villa Park often features quite high on lists like these, and even though it’s a nice looking stadium the facilities for away fans were awful considering they have mostly been a Premier League team for a long time. 

On 29/12/2021 at 08:41, Phileas Fogg said:

I think aesthetically it looks quite nice as new builds/redevelopments go - but agree it is pretty soulless. Atmosphere is generally pretty poor due to location of vocal fans relative to away support and the insistence on keeping lights on during night games doesn’t help. All these little touches add up.

The atmosphere is soulless because we’ve been crap at home for years so nobody is singing, nothing to do with the stadium design.  Via Man Utd it wasn’t soulless was it, why do people keep pumping this untruth

This crappy poll is so totally subjective. I mean ,atmosphere, unless you attended at least ten games at said stadium, you couldn't judge............I went ,crap game/away team won etc.

If the poll was worth anything, it would be about the actual ground, bricks & mortar. Is it comfortable, have you got a good line of vision where ever you sit ? THAT'S the important questions !  So obviously Trumpton would be better than AG !   ?

I don’t know how they’ve come to the final standings in this table?

Unlikely to be based on atmosphere as the Emirates ranks very highly, as does Wembley.

Watford, Hull, Swansea and Cardiff all rank lower than us. Whilst I think CCS is pretty ugly from the outside you can’t really say the same about the Liberty Stadium and Vicarage Road has got tonnes of history and an old school feel.

Never heard of ‘the Dripping Pan’ but that’s in the top 20.

Its all just rubbish really isn’t it. ?