IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match day thread

2 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

They had more shots, more shots on target, more possesion, more passes, more corners. 

Can someone explain how we were unlucky? 

You might expect that given we played most of the second half with 10 men. If you can’t credit that performance then **** off and support Portishead Town or someone..,.

• Like 6
Just now, Lrrr said:

Not as hilariously bad as his standard of refereeing, he's got giving them the pen right and sending off King but near enough everything else has been shocking

Not sure the sending off was right, the second yellow fair enough, but the first? Didn’t see King go all Charlie Austin at him and if players complaining about pens all got booked, there’d be a lot of games with 8 a side. Pring and King both made bad errors, but thought generally both played well. Scott and James both great and we looked dangerous going forward. Max decent as well. 

Referee and assistants, extraordinarily shocking: Missed pen (“couldn’t see” is letting the officials off too easily, get in better positions), gave them everything, including handball leading to the winner. Terrible. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

They had more shots, more shots on target, more possesion, more passes, more corners. 

Well conceding a extra time goal after playing a man short for nearly 40 mins and being seconds from a creditable draw unlucky? what would you say?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Blame the ref, blame King, blame whatever you want but we are still LOSING these matches in 90+ minutes. This is the real sad fact. They equalised in first half extra time and won in full time extra time. Not for the first time and will it be the last, I doubt it.

The more it happens the more the players expect it to happen so the more it happens ....

• Thanks 1

Let’s get this clear. The ref was poor - whistle happy, inconsistent and just wrong (for both sides actually).

But we lost the game because

1. somebody brought to the club for their experience decided to commit a cast iron second yellow foul which meant we had a third of the game a man down.

2. we couldn’t defend a corner. In injury time. Again.

Edited by steveybadger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Just now, petehinton said:

Her was literally our away game at their place back in the summer. Probably best home performance all season. For all the positives, Fine Andy King 2 weeks wages. What an absolute ******* mess of a sending off. 

Second yellow was a professional foul but the first? I could be wrong but it seemed innocuous to me.

Ref ruined a fairly even game tbh. Some shocking decisions. 

3 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Errrrr..... please check the stats. 1 more goal attempt and one more on target.

We were unlucky because we should have had a penalty . We were unlucky because we actually played a pretty good game. Most of all we were unlucky because Nige played King who thought he was playing for the Tigers or the Bears.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, steveybadger said:

Let’s get this clear. The ref was poor - whistle happy, inconsistent and just wrong (for both sides actually).

But we lost the game because

1. somebody brought to the club for their experience decided to commit a cast iron second red which meant we had a third of the game a man down.

2. we couldn’t defend a corner. In injury time. Again.

Exactly spot on 

Number 2 is the worst of the lot. There is seconds left and we’ve allowed QPR to do that 

Worst squad of players I’ve ever seen. This club deserves to be relegated 

Very disappointed with the result of course, but not with the performance. Silly stuff from Andy King who should know better. Second half did show that if we do end up in a real relegation scrap, there is some fight in the team. 

Never like losing to the hoops though. I'll take a drink to wash away the nasty taste in my mouth I think.

Happy New Year to everyone who supports Bristol City, whoever and wherever you might be! May 2022 bring us all some light.

• Like 3
  • Robin 2

Good effort by us, poor refereeing and the sending off cost us the match, and Tanner injury did not help. I know it will upset a lot of you. But either sell him or loan him out to a lower league team and hopefully he will learn how to hit the back of the net. I am talking about Antoine Semenyo. Max to keep his position.  If we lose to Millwall then a number of that squad tonight will be gone in January.