IGNORED

Coventry fan in concourse yesterday

Royce5nine

Since when has it been appropriate for someone to walk around Ashton Gate proudly wearing Coventry City FC attire? It wasn't even like she was trying to hide the badge yesterday. Actually, flaunting it! Bet she was applauded by the 'new fans' we have attracted since becoming a 'day out' rather than a football club!

City is not like it used to be...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 3
  • Hmmm 2

17 hours ago, Royce5nine said:

Since when has it been appropriate for someone to walk around Ashton Gate proudly wearing Coventry City FC attire? It wasn't even like she was trying to hide the badge yesterday. Actually, flaunting it! Bet she was applauded by the 'new fans' we have attracted since becoming a 'day out' rather than a football club!

!st point it was a she, 2nd point, they are not our rivals (only divisional), !,  could understand your ire if it was a sag or Cardiff, not that that would happen. 3rd point , Why T F were they applauding her?

• Like 1

Are you suggesting someone should have hit her or shouted abuse at her so it was 'like it used to be'?

• Like 3

I can promise you watching City is not a day out, well at least not an enjoyable one. What is the problem with attracting other fans anyway? Have you never seen a non City game?

18 hours ago, Royce5nine said:

You sad man

• Like 11

Did you say anything to her? 

Really.... do you really care that much?

Agree 100%. You are the only one that get's it these days. Any decent fan would have walked over, given her a bit of a slap and then told her to **** off back to the Kitchen. Proper old school behaviour we need more of in society.......and then nodded in appreciation as you gave them a standing ovation (at roughly the same point that the Feds were leading them away and processing the 3 year football banning order).

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Whilst I don’t think anyone would advocate smashing this Cov fan about, the point being made is actually a fair one. 
The question really is, when did it become acceptable to wear a rival team’s shirt in the home area of a football ground? 

I accept that we weren’t playing Cov, so essentially the colours were neutral, but it should also be accepted that this is a rival team in our division. 

If I walked into Cov’s ground last week versus Millwall, dressed in a BCFC shirt, I’d be expecting the stewards to refuse me entry. 

Is the fact that this person was allowed entry based on the fact that she was a female? If it was a male, would they have been allowed in? 

As said, I wouldn’t advocate smacking people, but it’s odd that someone is allowed to sport non-BCFC colours in the home section. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Hmmm 2

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Whilst I don’t think anyone would advocate smashing this Cov fan about, the point being made is actually a fair one. 
The question really is, when did it become acceptable to wear a rival team’s shirt in the home area of a football ground? 
I accept that we weren’t playing Cov, so essentially the colours were neutral, but it should also be accepted that this is a rival team in our division. 
If I walked into Cov’s ground last week versus Millwall, dressed in a BCFC shirt, I’d be expecting the stewards to refuse me entry. 
Is the fact that this person was allowed entry based on the fact that she was a female? If it was a male, would they have been allowed in? 
As said, I wouldn’t advocate smacking people, but it’s odd that someone is allowed to sport non-BCFC colours in the home section. 

At a time when the club are posting £38m losses I doubt they are too keen to turn a Coventry City neutral away for wearing their shirt (which was probably covered at the point of entry anyway). I must admit that when I've been away from home and fancied taking in a match as a neutral I've never worn a City shirt to the game but it isn't something to get overly worked up about imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

At a time when the club are posting £38m losses I doubt they are too keen to turn a Coventry City neutral away for wearing their shirt (which was probably covered at the point of entry anyway). I must admit that when I've been away from home and fancied taking in a match as a neutral I've never worn a City shirt to the game but it isn't something to get overly worked up about imo.

It's was pretty ballsy of her.

There’s some bizarre logic amongst football fans. I expect you actually admire opposition fans if they turn up in their colours, sing loudly and keep in their allotted space? They’re good fans right? If you meet one of those in a neutral pub and they’re friendly, perhaps you’d discuss the match over a pint. 

But if one turns up in “our territory” then they’ve suddenly become a threat? Even a woman in a neutral shirt? Barmy.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I turned up for the Hibs v Kilmarnock opening game of the 2004-05 season in a City shirt. I had a few looks and a few supporters chatted to me and welcomed me to Hibs. One supporter was up from Newcastle and we chatted about Andy Cole and Brian Tinnion.

Shouldn't have let you in and you deserved a right kicking......................soft as shit up in Scotland.

• Haha 1

Had this woman been given any kind of shit for wearing a Coventry shirt then it would’ve made Social Media and we would’ve rightly been abused mercilessly by every other set of fans in the Football League for days.

Had it been a group of blokes, taking the piss and looking for trouble I’d agree with the OP. However, it was obviously someone just minding their own business who happened to be visiting, so I’m not bothered in the slightest. 

Incidentally, I know none of these teams are in the same division as us but I’ve seen Man Utd and Liverpool tops in the ground before. During the pitch invasion against the Gas in 97 a guy wearing a Newcastle jacket can be seen on the TV footage. I also seem to remember a lad wearing an Arsenal top giving stewards the proper runaround in the Dolman stand several years ago.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m sure that extra £30 will boost the coffers

12 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Doubt she was singing “you’re shit ahh” down the concourse. I’ve seen blokes in Liverpool shirts in the concourse too. I didn’t wet the bed. 

That would have been brilliant if she was giving it the big one, chanting Cov songs and flicking the V’s at the City fans, brilliant

• Like 1