IGNORED

New Shirt Sponsor 22/23

Unan

3 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Assume that’s training kit in the photo not new kit?

It is, but I assume that's because the kits for next season aren't ready to be unveiled yet.
At least it'll be interesting to see City no longer use a betting company as a shirt sponsor - and also City Women appearing to use the same shirt sponsor; as they've had Yeo Valley while Dunder/Mansion Bet were being used..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Very good, though i dont quite know what they do?i wonder how this works, did mansion bet not see the appeal of another over acheiving season with bristol city?

Isn’t the use of betting companies as sponsors being phased out?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Very good, though i dont quite know what they do?i wonder how this works, did mansion bet not see the appeal of another over acheiving season with bristol city?

Must admit I also didn't know who they were or what they do, mind you I put that down to not living in Bristol for the past 14 years, or knowing that industry.

So long as that's the best deal available to the club (or organisation) then I don't really care - could be John Smiths fruit and veg for all I care so long as they pay the money we're after!

As for Mansion Bet - I'm assuming that it's more to do with the ruling on betting companies advertising laws.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Isn’t the use of betting companies as sponsors being phased out?

I think so Graham - the government proposed banning betting companies sponsoring football clubs back in September last year to come into effect from 2023 but I’m not sure if it has progressed past that ‘proposal/White Paper’ point yet...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think so Graham - the government proposed banning betting companies sponsoring football clubs back in September last year to come into effect from 2023 but I’m not sure if it has progressed past that ‘proposal/White Paper’ point yet...

Smart to get ahead of this, plus personally I have never been comfortable with it, though realise we are hardly an outlier here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, One Team said:

I think JL and SL will be acutely aware of how that will go down with the fans and I would hope don’t go anywhere near there. 

It would have happened if we'd got Ashton Vale. SL told me so at an open day in response to a direct question I asked. But it doesn't bother me, I would continue to call it Ashton Gate anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, One Team said:

I think JL and SL will be acutely aware of how that will go down with the fans and I would hope don’t go anywhere near there. 

I’m more pragmatic about it. I’m not sure how much naming rights tend to be worth, but if the stadium name still included Ashton Gate as part of the title and it helped clear our debts, I wouldn’t be adverse to it.

Frankly I’d rather watch us playing Premier League football at The Durex Ashton Gate Stadium, than League One at Ashton Gate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Taz said:

... could be John Smiths fruit and veg for all I care so long as they pay the money we're after!

Bit of a change in business strategy to move from beer to fruit and veg. 

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

I'm just glad it's not a gambling sponsor

Curious, we're you as adamantly against Thatchers or Blackthorn being a shirt sponsor?

40 minutes ago, One Team said:

Don't think it'd matter. I doubt you and I would start calling it The Huboo Stadium if it got renamed temporarily. We'd still refer to it as Ashton Gate no matter what. Take the money and ignore it. 

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Good, this means I can start buying shirts again.

You could anyway. 

Edited by TBW
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TBW said:

Bit of a change in business strategy to move from beer to fruit and veg. 

Curious, we're you as adamantly against Thatchers or Blackthorn being a shirt sponsor?

Don't think it'd matter. I doubt you and I would start calling it The Huboo Stadium if it got renamed temporarily. We'd still refer to it as Ashton Gate no matter what. Take the money and ignore it. 

You could anyway. 

I'm against gambling on shirts there really isn't a defense for it any more

• Like 2

Interesting as to how this shows on Bristol City's Profit and loss balance sheet with regard to sponsorship/finance.

I'm guessing that the greater amount of money from the deal will be accounted for by City; and then on a pro rata basis for the other teams?

Or does it go straight to Bristol Sport, and won't be in the separate Bristol City accounts?

@Mr Popodopolous might be better sighted on this?

Edited by NcnsBcfc

29 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Interesting as to how this shows on Bristol City's Profit and loss balance sheet with regard to sponsorship/finance.

I'm guessing that the greater amount of money from the deal will be accounted for by City; and then on a pro rata basis for the other teams?

Or does it go straight to Bristol Sport, and won't be in the separate Bristol City accounts?

@Mr Popodopolous might be better sighted on this?

Can't they just entering into a contract with esch club Or?

Or could Bristol Sport Limited enter the sponsorship contract, get the ability to licence it yo any Group company, receive all the money, and then make a loan of cash to each sports team company? 

As others have said, it's nice to see the back of the gamblers.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I guess a lot of people will be googling Huboo today 

I did:

"We take your stock, store it, pick, pack and deliver it for you automatically. In just a few simple steps, you’ll be selling, growing and focusing on the things you enjoy most, with peace of mind that we’re taking care of your orders."