IGNORED

The Trillion Dollar Conman

magunn

An interesting podcast on the BBC about the financial shenanigans at Notts County , remember Sven and Sol Campbell. 
Worth a listen. 

For those who don’t know the story. NCFC taken over by multi millionaire who employs a well known Manager and past it players with promise of new ground and the premier league within 5 years. Turns out to be a fraud. 

Sorry perhaps this is better in Dustbin Rovers thread 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, magunn said:

An interesting podcast on the BBC about the financial shenanigans at Notts County , remember Sven and Sol Campbell. 
Worth a listen. 

For those who don’t know the story. NCFC taken over by multi millionaire who employs a well known Manager and past it players with promise of new ground and the premier league within 5 years. Turns out to be a fraud. 

It’s great isn’t it

Sports Weirdest Crime Podcast. Series 1 about Allan Stanford is brilliant as well 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s great isn’t it

Sports Weirdest Crime Podcast. Series 1 about Allan Stanford is brilliant as well 

I watched the programme on sky about him recently. Really interesting how he got away with what he done for years. 

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Thought this was going to be another thread about Mark Ashton...

He has aspirations.

A true story. He once did a presentation to BS staff at the start of a season and told them he had a dream the night before that Bristol City would be in the playoff final that year. They would play his beloved WBA and run out at Wembley to The Greatest Showman!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, magunn said:

Worth a listen. 

Hitc sevens on YouTube did a fantastic video about this, well worth the watch

17 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s great isn’t it

Every time I hear about Allan Stanford I get a hazy memory of Steve Lansdown going to watch cricket in the West Indies as his guest?

Am I completely mad with this or does it ring a bell with anybody else?

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Every time I hear about Allan Stanford I get a hazy memory of Steve Lansdown going to watch cricket in the West Indies as his guest?

Am I completely mad with this or does it ring a bell with anybody else?

I remember seeing some (quite sickening) pictures of him sitting with various England WAGS on his lap, but none of them really looked like Steve Lansdown.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, magunn said:

Worth a listen. 

Cheers for that.  Good listen so far.  

19 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s great isn’t it

Strangest not Wierdest.  Doesn't help that I also can not spell wierdest when searching for it.  ?