IGNORED

How “safe” are we

fanjita

Barnsley or Reading to go down with Derby & Peterborough, then.

Peterborough are now 20 points adrift of us with 9 to play & have a worse goal difference, Derby are 19 behind with 8 games left.

Barnsley & Reading meet in the first game after the international break.

On 16/03/2022 at 11:15, Davefevs said:

I liked him.

I also disliked him.

Lots of good reasons for and against.

Like you, and I posted many times on the subject, we missed a “football man” above him to rein him in.

Unfortunately we had a complete “see you next Tuesday” above him.  I ducking hate Ashton for what he was allowed to do to our club.

You hate Ashton for what the Owner allowed him to do to the club……..the very same Owner who then bagged the fans who detested him being at the club.

Edited by Numero Uno

On 16/03/2022 at 11:13, fanjita said:

A bit controversial but, would supporters like to see a City team continually struggling in the Championship or be in division one and see us winning a few games? 
For me, I want to see my team playing attractive football and winning, something that’s been missing at Ashton Gate for some considerable time, I know that isn’t a given even in League one but it probably increases the chances of that happening.

Weve had the best part of the last fifty years of league one footy dont think we need anymore 

It’s the hope that kills, fans show total loyalty, rarely miss a home game and follow to some away games to watch what?

A willing group of young players, some very much still learning the man’s game, supported by overrated pensioners, not fit or motivated enough for 90 minutes and a few very able and willing pros - a total recipe for disaster when you add in a 9 that needs it on a plate!

We deserve to be fighting the drop this season and if things don’t change soon it’s a fight we will lose next season. The GAP getting smaller all the time!

On 16/03/2022 at 11:13, fanjita said:

A bit controversial but, would supporters like to see a City team continually struggling in the Championship or be in division one and see us winning a few games? 
For me, I want to see my team playing attractive football and winning, something that’s been missing at Ashton Gate for some considerable time, I know that isn’t a given even in League one but it probably increases the chances of that happening.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but are there really City supporters who want to us back in League One????? I would much rather watch us lock horns with West Brom than see us put 8 past their West Midlands little cousins Walsall. There are Rovers fans who would give their sixth finger to be enjoying Championship football, why would you wish us back down with the minnows? I've travelled to the likes of Gillingham, Hartlepool etc with City and trust me it ain't romantic. City deserve to be mixing it with Forest, Sheff Utd, WBA, Derby etc.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Here’s next season’s squad as it stands.

Dunno if that makes you feel worse or not! ?

image.thumb.png.4d69231aadaa138447d8cc80e7219414.png

Doesn’t improve my opinion. Shocking recruitment at the club combined with a severe lack of funds, the continued carrying of expensive ineffectual players, and the complete inept ability of the club and its non-playing staff to entice and tie down their valuable assets for long term financial security on both sides doesn’t lead to a positive future in the championship.

there are answers to my above concerns  but I can’t really see where/when they are going to be addressed.

the scouting business with Harry and you is great but I worry how seriously the club will take it, let alone have the funds to follow up and compete for the signatures of any worthy suggestions.

I’ll be fuming if we sold massengo but it seems the only option for us to have any chance in the market of re-developing the squad to be top half-competitive. Take him out of the team and we have no drive or determination, let alone that bit of star quality he possesses to get the team and crowd going.

I’m just venting right now as haven’t done in a while. Very frustrated at the clubs prospects or lack of right now

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

I remember the 70s and the 1st division days, I also remember the old 2nd division days where had ups and downs and many seasons of do we think we will stay up or down.

You have your right of opinion but for me better now a bit hit and miss in the Championship and the fans having chance to cherish the odd win and stay up than see us go down and winning more in league 1 the following season.

Me as a City supporter from the day I was born and almost 60 years old soon the higher division for me we are in is the best.

Those that rather see more wins in a lower league then my suggestion is go and support another club

• Like 1