IGNORED

How “safe” are we

fanjita

If we assume Peterborough and Derby are all but down, Derby 16 points behind on same number of games, Peterborough 19 points behind having 2 games in hand on us, Barnsley look like the only worry.

leaving out their result today they had found a bit of form lately, with 2 games in hand on us and we still have to play them it may not be as comfortable as some may think.

I will be happy when we are mathematically safe.

4 minutes ago, fanjita said:

If we assume Peterborough and Derby are all but down, Derby 16 points behind on same number of games, Peterborough 19 points behind having 2 games in hand on us, Barnsley look like the only worry.

leaving out their result today they had found a bit of form lately, with 2 games in hand on us and we still have to play them it may not be as comfortable as some may think.

Barnsley have won 5 games out of 34, amongst their next 4 games are Fulham home & Sheff U away, plus their goal difference is incredibly 7 worse than ours.

If they make 18 points up on us from here, not only will we deserve to go down, but we’ll have had to set a club record for consecutive defeats.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Mathematically safe is a long way off as you’d have to assume the clubs below us win every game from here which won’t happen. 

If we assume Posh are down, 

Derby are on for 36 points

Reading are on for 40 points

Barnsley are on for 32 points 

We already have 40 points so will be fine. One more win will guarantee it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Scary, squeaky bum but safe- neither the players or NP are that bad.

However, the fact Cardiff have risen above us in the table with a  superior GD is the source of utter annoyance.

It’s not squeaky bum time tbf,that is when you are fighting for promotion or trying to stay up which we are neither 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Mathematically safe is a long way off as you’d have to assume the clubs below us win every game from here which won’t happen. 

If we assume Posh are down, 

Derby are on for 36 points

Reading are on for 40 points

Barnsley are on for 32 points 

We already have 40 points so will be fine. One more win will guarantee it 

It’s mad people are worried,if Barnsley get the same points they have in 35 games in the final remaining 11 then we will need 4 points because of GD,I’m confident not because we will get the 4 points but because Barnsley fixtures are awful 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s not squeaky bum time tbf,that is when you are fighting for promotion or trying to stay up which we are neither 

It;s mathematically a real possibility. If we collapse like we did last season's run in - it's not going to be pretty.

But I refer you to my final sentence which you fail to quote.

8 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It;s mathematically a real possibility. If we collapse like we did last season's run in - it's not going to be pretty.

But I refer you to my final sentence which you fail to quote.

I never failed to quote,I’m guessing it’s a forum problem because I quoted your whole text,nice attitude tho pissy pants 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think we finished last year on 51 points and 19th with a -22 goal difference...and it was a horrendous season.

This season we are on 40 points, with a -18 goal difference - with away games still to play at Blackburn, Bournemouth, Stoke, Derby and Huddersfield.

It will be some indictment on Pearson if we manage to finish below 19th with less points and a worse goal difference!!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

40 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

If it wasn't for the points deductions I'd wager on us getting relegated. We'd only be 5 points clear and I think Pearson would be close to getting the bullet. With the points deductions we are as good as safe

Yes as good as safe. Another extra 4 points will make it comfortable. I find it hard to believe as at the beginning of the season our expectations were much higher all round.

• Like 1

I can only see us picking up 3 points against Posh if our last few performances are anything to go by. .The rest will be up to the teams below us to catch us. I think we will survive but only just. There is always a team near the bottom that makes a fight of it at the end of the season.  Our games against Hull / Barnsley and Peterborough could be very important...

36 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s mad people are worried,if Barnsley get the same points they have in 35 games in the final remaining 11 then we will need 4 points because of GD,I’m confident not because we will get the 4 points but because Barnsley fixtures are awful 

Helps to have Barnsley, Posh and Derby on our fixture list.

15 minutes ago, City oz said:

Yes as good as safe. Another extra 4 points will make it comfortable. I find it hard to believe as at the beginning of the season our expectations were much higher all round.

Were they? I was expecting lower mid table to be honest.

• Like 5