IGNORED

Historical dislike of Chelski

The first time I watched Chelski was back in the day when Turner and Taylor lead us to a 3-1 victory in BS3 FA Cup .

My memory is that the away fans in the old open end ( Atyeo) decided to rip the tiles off a shed which was where the press box is now. They were firing them at us as we left via the Williams stand. Thugs in the ground and out of the ground.

Today v Burnley in support for Ukraine at their match v Burnley they interrupted the applause to support their oligarch friend of Putin.

They have confirmed everything I dislike about chelsea fans and I hope they mirror Bolton. Let's see how they do without dodgy money.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The first time I watched Chelski was back in the day when Turner and Taylor lead us to a 3-1 victory in BS3 FA Cup .

My memory is that the away fans in the old open end ( Atyeo) decided to rip the tiles off a shed which was where the press box is now. They were firing them at us as we left via the Williams stand. Thugs in the ground and out of the ground.

Today v Burnley in support for Ukraine at their match v Burnley they interrupted the applause to support their oligarch friend of Putin.

They have confirmed everything I dislike about chelsea fans and I hope they mirror Bolton. Let's see how they do without dodgy money.

You may also recall their vile racist chants and behaviour when they came over here to play PSG in a Champions League match.

They prevented a black man from entering a carriage on the Métro and sang about how proud they were to be racist.

You might imagine how proud I felt the following day when discussing the incident with my French friends and colleagues.

14 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60634597

Tuchels thoughts on the chants 

I watch quite a lot of German football (on German TV) and was never impressed by Tuchel, quite the opposite in fact.

I even used to wonder how Jürgen Klopp thought about his protégé’s antics, both on and off the pitch.

Since he has arrived at Chelsea, however, his whole persona seems to have changed (for the better).

He is still very animated on the pitch - nothing wrong with that - but appears very warm and thoughtful when interviewed.

I felt extremely sorry for him earlier in the week when he was facing quite ludicrous media questions on his thoughts about RA, sanctions and Russia/Ukraine, and thought he handled himself very well indeed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BBC commentator on match of the day last night saying that football and politics are linked now. 

I don't go or watch football for political messaging. I had enough of that in my academic life. 

What other "approved" political messages will we get before the end of the season by the clubs and players? 

Course some of you on here will say that it's ok because you more than likely agree with the message.... Well one day you won't agree with it but they'll do it. Cut it off now before it gets too big. 

Newcastle are owned by the saudi's. They've been bombing the hell out of Yemen for years now. Man City's owners from the UAE are caught in crossfires now over their relationship with Russia too. I'm sure there are lots of fans who would love to go to spurs away with a load of Palestine flags. (long topic in the politics section on here for anyone who is interested) 

What's to stop them putting up messages that they want in grounds?  End it now. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, The Batman said:

BBC commentator on match of the day last night saying that football and politics are linked now. 

I don't go or watch football for political messaging. I had enough of that in my academic life. 

What other "approved" political messages will we get before the end of the season by the clubs and players? 

Course some of you on here will say that it's ok because you more than likely agree with the message.... Well one day you won't agree with it but they'll do it. Cut it off now before it gets too big. 

Newcastle are owned by the saudi's. They've been bombing the hell out of Yemen for years now. Man City's owners from the UAE are caught in crossfires now over their relationship with Russia too. I'm sure there are lots of fans who would love to go to spurs away with a load of Palestine flags. (long topic in the politics section on here for anyone who is interested) 

What's to stop them putting up messages that they want in grounds?  End it now. 

I find it hard to understand how this would work - ban clubs from doing it (a political and some would say wrong act in of itself)? If so, what constitutes political?

I sort of understand people wanting football to be turned into a political safe space for them, but I can't see how it'd work in reality. They always have been linked and always will be - it's not possible to separate two parts of our culture like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

I find it hard to understand how this would work - ban clubs from doing it (a political and some would say wrong act in of itself)? If so, what constitutes political?

I sort of understand people wanting football to be turned into a political safe space for them, but I can't see how it'd work in reality. They always have been linked and always will be - it's not possible to separate two parts of our culture like that.

It will be tough. Hence why it shouldn't be allowed in in the first place. It allows for loopholes. 

You'll see, for example, Portugal flags at man utd because of Ronaldo and Fernandes. There would be no reason for a Palestine or Israeli flag at the same ground.

We'll just see more and more of what the Chelsea fans did as time goes on if fans disagree with the "approved" messages pre game. 

3 minutes ago, The Batman said:

It will be tough. Hence why it shouldn't be allowed in in the first place. It allows for loopholes. 

You'll see, for example, Portugal flags at man utd because of Ronaldo and Fernandes. There would be no reason for a Palestine or Israeli flag at the same ground.

We'll just see more and more of what the Chelsea fans did as time goes on if fans disagree with the "approved" messages pre game. 

I think it’s a show of support in terms of suffering , and humanity , rather than political 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I don't agree with what the Chelsea fans did but it is their right to.

I just think the line would be too blurred - rememberance day? A minutes silence when the Queen dies? "Kick it out"? There was a guy at half time the other day trying to raise money for a drug the NHS wouldn't fund..  political? Some would say yes and some no to all of those!

Imo a club represents their community (political in itself) through their history, and part of that representation will naturally filter through.

I wouldn't want a party political broadcast before the game! Nothing state sponsored.

Edited by IAmNick

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I think it’s a show of support in terms of suffering , and humanity , rather than political 

If that was the case, we'd have been doing it for ages for all conflicts across the world. All of a sudden one of our enemies does it and its now in all grounds. I understand the point that you're making, I just think it leaves the door open for a path I don't want it to go down. But maybe this is just modern football. 

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

I don't agree with what the Chelsea fans did but it is their right to.

I just think the line would be too blurred - rememberance day? A minutes silence when the Queen dies? "Kick it out"? There was a guy at half time the other day trying to raise money for a drug the NHS wouldn't fund..  political? Some would say yes and some no to all of those!

Imo a club represents their community (political in itself) through their history, and part of that representation will naturally filter through.

I wouldn't want a party political broadcast before the game! Nothing state sponsored.

The Chelsea fans shouldn't have put in a position where'd they felt the need to do it but I get your point. 

Remembrance day is once a year and does appear to be the "go to" example for people talking about political things in football. It's not a dig at you by any means. Minute silences are common now or applauses, whichever seems more appropriate. 

Fully agree with your last point. The issue with political broadcasts is that depending on the escalation of the war in Ukraine, it may come to a time where mp's speak before a game. Whether that's the local constituency mp or a recorded message by the PM. Outside the ground then can do what they like, inside the ground, no thank you. If clubs do intend to put political messages across then it could lead to things like this. Hopefully not but maybe I just think worst case scenario. 

Apologies if I'm not making my point clear, Sunday morning after all ?

I've never liked Chelsea either. En masse their fans are unbearable big-time Charlies with a high quotient of Cockney Wankaaah types. 

Everything about the club from its position in London, to its various horrible owners, to the colour it plays in, to the various West Country saddos who "support" it,  gets my goat.

That said, I've known some decent genuine Chelsea fans. Like any horrible club, the G*s for example, they can have the odd nice albeit misguided fan support them. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, The Batman said:

Cut it off now before it gets too big. 

Sport and politics have always been entwined. It's impossible to untangle them. As Skunk Anansie so wisely said "yes it's ******* political, everything's political".

As for Chelsea, their fans have always been "Millwall lite". A decent proportion of them seem to revel in being vile but they don't have anywhere near the charm of Millwall and so come off as a poor imitation. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/13/arsenal-distance-themselves-from-mesut-ozil-comments-china-uighur-people

Albeit back in 2019, arsenal threw ozil under the bus when he got political with the genocide in China of the uigher Muslims. Their own words from the statement "does not involve itself in politics". 

Then again they need money from Chinese markets so course they'd stay silent on it. OK for them now to get involved with Ukraine because they don't have financial backlash from it as much. 

This is why I don't like it. Just one example anyway. Best stay clear but maybe I'm wrong. 

• Like 3

I just can't understand why people can't let people support the things they want to support. I'm all for debating it but booing in a crowd isn't a debate.

If fans want to support Ukraine then great, I can't agree more.

If Chelsea want to support RA for everything he has done for there club in the week he has said he will be selling the club then fair enough. If they are doing it to impact someone else's support of Ukraine then yeah what a bunch of dicks.

7 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Hated Chelsea since the mid 70's when as a 14 Yr old walking out of Ashton Gate after an evening game I was set on and encountered the wrong end of several Chelsea Doc martens ( bovver boots). 

reckon we were at the same game. I went to school the following morning with stitches above my eye thanks to a half brick smashed into my forehead

19 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Although - our fans did not exactly cover themselves in glory that wet and windy day either. Our loon element were more than up for fighting with the Londoners. And an Eastenders actor who was wearing a Chelsea scarf was the victim of an unprovoked assault at the hands of a CSF hooligan.

16 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I don't think there were, although Uncle Ken wasn't allowed to switch it on at Stamford Bridge anyway. 

Yes, apparently Master Bates had difficulty understanding that electrocuting your customers is frowned upon. 

Edited by WessexPest
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WessexPest said:

Although - our fans did not exactly cover themselves in glory that wet and windy day either. Our loon element were more than up for fighting with the Londoners.

As Chelsea fans most of them would be from Hampshire, or Saffron Walden, or Cornwall...

9 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Hated Chelsea since the mid 70's when as a 14 Yr old walking out of Ashton Gate after an evening game I was set on and encountered the wrong end of several Chelsea Doc martens ( bovver boots). 

Yes, Chelsea fans in the 70s were amongst the worst, especially when they got relegated and terrorised the 2nd division for a season. Mind you they find take the Tote End which was funny ? 

2 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

In all fairness if RA had brought Bristol City and won 19 trophies in 19 years city fans would of done the same 

We'd still be stuck in the bottom half of the championship!

• Like 1

Yep he never did put them fences on.

But it wasnt through the lack of trying at his end!

Recall him being on tv, a lot, he had no issues with it whatsoever!

Heres a strange thing about mr bates.

He was something like the 4th biggest owner of friesian cows in the uk.

He sold the lot, one day before the bse scandal broke.

Hmm.

19 hours ago, The Batman said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/13/arsenal-distance-themselves-from-mesut-ozil-comments-china-uighur-people

Albeit back in 2019, arsenal threw ozil under the bus when he got political with the genocide in China of the uigher Muslims. Their own words from the statement "does not involve itself in politics". 

Then again they need money from Chinese markets so course they'd stay silent on it. OK for them now to get involved with Ukraine because they don't have financial backlash from it as much. 

This is why I don't like it. Just one example anyway. Best stay clear but maybe I'm wrong. 

No, you’re not wrong, and your points about Newcastle and other clubs are relevant and valid, but it’s beyond fixing now and has been so for a very long time. The roots of the problem lie in the foreign ownership of English clubs. That, and the abject failure of the game’s governing bodies to take a principled stand on such issues.

It was an open secret when RA took over Chelsea that he was a crook and that the club was being funded with dirty money. Since then, it has been repeatedly demonstrated that your nationality, politics, legality and integrity don’t matter for the purposes of the “fit and proper person” test, as long as you brandish enough cash. 

In this context the game is, to put it bluntly, corrupt, and in that respect it is a microcosm of the country as a whole, in that it is simply one example of the way government has stood by and looked the other way while allowing  billions in criminally acquired wealth to flow into the UK. The tragedy in Ukraine has highlighted it once again and we’re seeing a lot of hypocritical posturing by by the class of people who are responsible for this state of affairs, who would have quite happily continued to ignore it in other circumstances.

• Like 2