IGNORED

Historical dislike of Chelski

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair, back in the 70s, 80s and early 90s I knew a fair few proper Chelsea fans - their away support was phenomenal and they were very loyal fans - traipsing around all the hellholes of England to support the likes of Kerry Dixon, Gordon Durie, Ken Monkou, Steve Clarke, Peter Rhoades Brown, Mickey Droy, Ian Britton, Mike Fillery, John Bumstead, Clive Walker, Colin Pates etc etc - rather like the Man Yoo fans of the same period, Chelsea fans back then were proper, staunch, loyal, vocal and manic - especially away from home - they didn’t have much to shout about, but they travelled everywhere to support their team ... their stadium was much better back then too - old school, intimidating and real. Modern Chelsea fans - well, I’d rather not say ... ??

In complete agreement, 

They still talk about being 3-0 down to Rotherham after 13 minutes  before losing 6-0.

• Flames 1

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair, back in the 70s, 80s and early 90s I knew a fair few proper Chelsea fans - their away support was phenomenal and they were very loyal fans - traipsing around all the hellholes of England to support the likes of Kerry Dixon, Gordon Durie, Ken Monkou, Steve Clarke, Peter Rhoades Brown, Mickey Droy, Ian Britton, Mike Fillery, John Bumstead, Clive Walker, Colin Pates etc etc - rather like the Man Yoo fans of the same period, Chelsea fans back then were proper, staunch, loyal, vocal and manic - especially away from home - they didn’t have much to shout about, but they travelled everywhere to support their team ... their stadium was much better back then too - old school, intimidating and real. Modern Chelsea fans - well, I’d rather not say ... ??

I grew up in West London. I don't know about the 70s and I know there's a mix of good and bad in every fan base, but in the 80s and early 90s they were - in general - very bad news. They had far more than their fair share of NF psychos. The wrong kind of skinhead for mile around, whether or not they actually stood in the shed end - they all called themselves Chelea. Chelsea were synonymous with the UK far right in my part of the world. And they've not done enough in my opinion in the years since to shed that label. And lo and behold, here they are again cheering on a fascist cause. 

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I grew up in West London. I don't know about the 70s and I know there's a mix of good and bad in every fan base, but in the 80s and early 90s they were - in general - very bad news. They had far more than their fair share of NF psychos. The wrong kind of skinhead for mile around, whether or not they actually stood in the shed end - they all called themselves Chelea. Chelsea were synonymous with the UK far right in my part of the world. And they've not done enough in my opinion in the years since to shed that label. And lo and behold, here they are again cheering on a fascist cause. 

• Like 1

On 10/03/2022 at 12:25, Ska Junkie said:

Considering most of their support are ST holders and they would be selling their old kit in the shop, I can't see that it would cause particular short term pain but, as you say, next season and renewals is a totally different matter.

They aren't run in stable financial way, the ST money comes in early and would have been swallowed up some time ago. That PotD cash flow would be important,
average Att last year 39k - STH 28k = 11 tickets about £100 that's around £1m a game. Not to be sniffed at. Specially  after reading this. Sorry about the source .

755963838_Screenshot2022-03-11at14_19_38.png.e9f745638800a1fa6e21f658f94b67c3.png

I used to quite like Chelsea. I enjoyed that Kings Road lot. Osgood , Hutchinson, Bonnetti and the rest. Then of course Garland went there.
Never really disliked them until much later.  Seeing some of the clips of their "fans" and what they get up to, I knew they didn't count any goals scored by their own black players but the guy on the Metro. The clips of them in Europe, scum. 
I wouldn't want any Club to die (there is a caveat here*) , but man they are hard to feel sorry for.

• Thanks 1