IGNORED

Doors or Wheels...

!james

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I am worried, wars and religions have been founded on less than this. Personally I am going to wait until Donald Trump makes his statement and then go with the opposite. :) 

Well he loves the wheel:

But he has trouble with doors:

So it looks like if he was asked the question, he would almost certainly choose whatever Putin prefers.

• Like 1

The answer, in physical form, is wheels.

However.

In life, we have the ability every day to go through a door. When you make any decision, you go through a door to the rest of your life - be that a door to a new career, a door to a new relationship, or simply a door to being kind. Non-physical, but psychological, doors are everywhere and present the gateway to the future. So, on a theoretical basis, there are infinite doors without the same parallel for wheels, which makes the answer doors.

But, it’s wheels.

Hope this clarifies.

33 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The answer, in physical form, is wheels.

However.

In life, we have the ability every day to go through a door. When you make any decision, you go through a door to the rest of your life - be that a door to a new career, a door to a new relationship, or simply a door to being kind. Non-physical, but psychological, doors are everywhere and present the gateway to the future. So, on a theoretical basis, there are infinite doors without the same parallel for wheels, which makes the answer doors.

But, it’s wheels.

Hope this clarifies.

The Doors of Perception 

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Someone on twitter, @BeardedGenius nothing to do with Bristol City, tweeted it to his 160k followers and the response was amazing. Over 320k views and a lot of love for it.

It was just the content everyone needed right now.

They were asking the same question on radio 5 live in the night and people were ringing in with there answers 

Was a bit surreal as I wasn’t sure where the source started 

45 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

They were asking the same question on radio 5 live in the night and people were ringing in with there answers 

Was a bit surreal as I wasn’t sure where the source started 

Spurs have now done it too. Also funny but not in the same league as our Ryley.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

It’s right posh in Downend/Mangotsfield, South Glos innit!

Ryley is from Mangotsfield, isn’t he?

It did make me think as Bristol continues to gentrify & areas that used to be full of Bristolians now seem more like London suburbs, does that mean those who sound Bristolian are more likely to be found in Kingswood or on the other side of the City, say Pill?

• Thanks 1

On 10/03/2022 at 20:27, GrahamC said:

I’ve heard people with much stronger Bristolian accents than that, but then I live in South Bristol..

Got a few in my family who have!  Mainly older guys though.  To hear a right broad south Bristol accent you need to chat to people aged over 65.

Credit to Ryley though for resisting the creeping Londonisation of West Country accents.

When I lived in Bournemouth, it was sad to me to only hear Dorset accents among my generation and older. Younger folk had that indistinguishable Home counties voice that is the same in Reading, High Wycombe, Guildford or Basingstoke. 

53 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Got a few in my family who have!  Mainly older guys though.  To hear a right broad south Bristol accent you need to chat to people aged over 65.

Credit to Ryley though for resisting the creeping Londonisation of West Country accents.

When I lived in Bournemouth, it was sad to me to only hear Dorset accents among my generation and older. Younger folk had that indistinguishable Home counties voice that is the same in Reading, High Wycombe, Guildford or Basingstoke. 

My old man (BS3 born) is 81 now, bless him & Ryley sounds like a member of the royal family compared to him ?

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

My old man (BS3 born) is 81 now, bless him & Ryley sounds like a member of the royal family compared to him ?

My mates - all Somerset lads - called in to see my auntie and uncle with me one match day.

After a cuppa and some small talk we departed for the game and one friend turned to me and said: "I couldn't understand a word your auntie was saying. Was she born abroad?"

No, I told him, Bedminster Down. 

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Ryley is from Mangotsfield, isn’t he?

It did make me think as Bristol continues to gentrify & areas that used to be full of Bristolians now seem more like London suburbs, does that mean those who sound Bristolian are more likely to be found in Kingswood or on the other side of the City, say Pill?

Yeh, he went to Mangotsfield School (my mate taught him) and I played with his (cough cough) Grandad for RMC Wick, and his Aunty used to cut my hair in Cleeve Wood!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child

All my folks come from bedminster down,my grandparents were proper old school Bristolians(and great city fans) ,my great grandfather was a miner in Bristol and nearby,who knew we had mines and people scratching a living as miners  in Bristol!

My accent has a very mild West Country burr,my grandparents (long gone now) would probably tell me I’m posh.

9 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Back in the 70s my first move away from Bristol with my job was to a very cosmopolitan Eastbourne.

One day we had a bit of an issue with a customer who had not made arrangements to make withdrawals at another branch  ( as you had to in the days before computers, bank cards and the like) he was getting a bit “agitated” so I went out to see him. I saw that his account was opened in Bristol branch and after a few questions was able to establish he was genuine and on hearing my broad Bristolian he quickly twigged as to my background and that I’d only recently left the Bristol branch.

He explained that they’d moved up 18 months earlier and loved the area ( or areal as he called it!) , but then added that there was only one thing he found odd. When I asked what that was he replied in the broadest Bristolian “ donum all talk funny up ‘ere”.

P.S. It was only after moving to Eastbourne that I became conscious of my accent, as everyone I dealt with spoke without any perceivable accent. Back in Bristol pretty well everyone I knew sounded just like me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Those are windows.

But in essence, what's the difference between a door and a window, they do precisely the same thing. Given that Advent Calendars are not see through, and a window by definition is;

1.an opening in the wall or roof of a building or vehicle, fitted with glass in a frame to admit light or air and allow people to see out.

Then it is more likely that its doors on an advent calendar not a window.