IGNORED

We can still make the play-offs!

We'll finish lower mid table and I will be completely happy with that considering the mess Nige inherited. I think that would be a considerable improvement and would represent a successful season.

He's shaping the squad and has a clear vision with more "shaping" to be done over the close season.

• Like 4

On 12/03/2022 at 17:24, Shelton’s Love Gravy said:

If we win all our remaining matches!

Or even second place, if all the teams above us lose all of their remaining games.

Always Believe! ??

Blimey Shelts!

I could have Dannii Minogue banging on the door to give me a blow job but that ain't happening either! ;)

• Haha 2

We have 43 points - 14 points off the playoffs (Sheff U on 57) and 18 points from the drop (Barnsley on 25) but Barnsley have a game in hand so if they win that it would be only 15 points from the drop.

I suppose mathematically that still makes us closer to the playoffs than the drop (by 1 point!!!), but if you consider our DREADFUL goal difference we would need an extra point (but I suppose winning all 9 of our remaining games would bring the GD down by at least 9)

I have to say that making the playoffs is a nice thought, but massively unlikely!!!!

The good news is that it's also massively unlikely we'll get relegated. 

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
add words

19 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

We have 43 points - 14 points off the playoffs (Sheff U on 57) and 18 points from the drop (Barnsley on 25) but Barnsley have a game in hand so if they win that it would be only 15 points from the drop.

I suppose mathematically that still makes us closer to the playoffs than the drop (by 1 point!!!), but if you consider our DREADFUL goal difference we would need an extra point (but I suppose winning all 9 of our remaining games would bring the GD down by at least 9)

I have to say that making the playoffs is a nice thought, but massively unlikely!!!!

The good news is that it's also massively unlikely we'll get relegated. 

So you telling me there’s a chance!

1 minute ago, Bcfc3660 said:

So you telling me there’s a chance!

There is - but we would have to win all our remaining games by a comfortable scoreline (to offset our GD) and the other teams' results would have to go our way. It would have to be the perfect storm of miraculous results, so that chance is so small it would be the mother of all football freakouts if it happened!!!!

Lets just see if we can win our next game and see how it goes from there :)

11 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I know we're clearly not going to make the playoffs, but to get to 37 games and not be out of the picture mathematically represents a much better season than probably any of us expected.

We are out of it.  Same goes for relegation.  In fairness despite hovering around 16-18th for months we’ve never really been in a relegation battle either.

We are a few points down on where I thought / hoped we’d be, but having seen some of the issues we’ve had, in part exposed by a small, young (at times) squad, we’ve done ok to not get sucked in.  We’ve won games at regular enough intervals to ensure that.

I’m not sure where we will end up, but we are in a bunch of 5 teams, Stoke (46), Swansea (44), Cardiff (43), us (43) and Brum (41) vying for 15th - 19th.  Not glorious but ok in the grand scheme of things.  This was always gonna be a tricky season to negotiate.  There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel in my eyes too.

Lets hope we can build a bit of momentum between now and the end of the season.

22 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

We've lulled everyone in to a false sense of security and now we strike....

The old rope-a-dope.

Nige's instructions this morning at training: "OK lads, you can stop pretending you're mediocre. Second part of the plan starts now and I'm allowing you to dominate every match."

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We are out of it.  Same goes for relegation.  In fairness despite hovering around 16-18th for months we’ve never really been in a relegation battle either.

We are a few points down on where I thought / hoped we’d be, but having seen some of the issues we’ve had, in part exposed by a small, young (at times) squad, we’ve done ok to not get sucked in.  We’ve won games at regular enough intervals to ensure that.

I’m not sure where we will end up, but we are in a bunch of 5 teams, Stoke (46), Swansea (44), Cardiff (43), us (43) and Brum (41) vying for 15th - 19th.  Not glorious but ok in the grand scheme of things.  This was always gonna be a tricky season to negotiate.  There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel in my eyes too.

Lets hope we can build a bit of momentum between now and the end of the season.

Oh, absolutely.  But I just figured mathematical possibility would have been and gone long before now.  I'm not sure whether that's a reflection of how we've done or whether the overall quality in the Championship has been lower this year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tin said:

I predicted an 18th-placed finish for us last August, and still think that’ll be roughly where we will end up. Anything else will be a welcome bonus, just like the progression of our youngsters. 

This is the key takeaway point for me this season.  Setting ourselves up nicely for the future.

• Like 2