IGNORED

Club captain

Robbored

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bentley was interviewed by 20Man the other week, pretty much confirmed it.

Peter Crouch podcast too.

As others have said, there is no restriction to showing leadership if you don’t have the armband.

To which Twentyman should have replied - "It might be useful in a team where no-one else is showing much leadership though, Daniel"

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Good points mate, the other thing is his favour is it wouldn’t be passed around the team because his ACL injury apart, the bloke is also always available to play.

Nothing against Bentley but I have found the captaincy decision one of NP’s stranger ones, I know people can cite Kasper Schmeichel but never been a fan of a goalkeeper doing it.

That would be my feelings too. I was going to make the point of not liking a keeper having the role, because (hopefully!) his teammates are rarely close by to him. But then I thought I just would be continually shot down by people giving Schmeichel as an example.

14 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Captain is largely ceremonial these days, deals with fines etc. 

In terms of leaders, we have lots, but if their playing to instructions then they have to do that to stay in the team. 

Blood, guts and thunder is actually a rubbish motivational tool and passion doesn't always show that way either. 

Don't think you allowed 'blood guts and thunder' under new referring directives and sure var would  not like it either ☺️

16 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Matty king is better

nige goes on about the club being passive, and lacking leaders, well hes been here for basically 1.5 seasons, whats he done about it? as one of the most senior people in the club he should have come in, made us hard to beat and set us up properly yet we are being booed off and our fans chant we are embarrassing!

Matty King played with me on the downs and he's in his 40s now.

He was alright but Captain of a championship side is a bit much to ask...