IGNORED

Alex Scott & Semenyo Highlights

grifty

• The title was changed to Alex Scott & Semenyo Highlights

Great videos, watching Semenyo, Alex Scott, HNM, Atkinson, Cundy and the other young lads is what has made this an enjoyable season, they have all been a breath of fresh air. I think finances and HNM contract will mean he will leave, but hope fully we can keep the rest as it could make an exciting future

• Like 3

I'm feeling rather confident that we will get at least another season out of Alex Scott and Semenyo. 

Massengo will likely move on in the summer. Out of the 3 youngsters, I would be most open to HNM leaving. I don't want to criticize Massengo, but I feel that the level of performances we have seen from Scott this season, is what we have been waiting for Massengo to produce since he arrived. 

Scott's ability to influence a game is incredible for his age. He has so much talent when in possession of the ball, but it's also his willingness to put his foot in to a challenge that I enjoy. 

Semenyo will be monitored by clubs this summer, but I can't see anyone matching our asking price just yet as he is still raw. He has aspects of his game that can still improve, and that may be what allows us to keep hold of him for at least one more year. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Think I’m finally resigning myself to Massengo going too….it’s just dragged on too long now.

Would like to see some contract news now we are mathematically safe…for any players.

Thought Nige’s pre-match question re Semenyo for Wells was telling.  When asked if Antoine did enough off the bench last week, he said “not really”, but that he felt Antoine was the better choice for today (paraphrased).  So I think Wells will be off.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I hate to say “I told you so”……but I predicted at the start of this season that Semenyo will be a real threat and got ridiculed ….….…:cool2: 

Who’s laughing now?………….:yes:

So did I.

Shame he spent so long out injured first half of the season.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

So did I.

Yep the injury was very unfortunate and without the enforced lay off he’d have had an even more impressive season.

The guy has everything that defenders hate - upper body strength, power and pace. All he needs now is to learn when to play the right pass. He’d have got another assist if he’d squared the ball yesterday but he went for goal and blazed over…….Martin was really pissed off!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I hate to say “I told you so”……but I predicted at the start of this season that Semenyo will be a real threat and got ridiculed ….….…:cool2: 

Who’s laughing now?………….:yes:

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So did I.

And so did I, although I added the proviso that this was only if he was played on the wide left, as he was utilised when playing for Newport ?.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

15 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

And so did I, although I added the proviso that this was only if he was played on the wide left, as he was utilised when playing for Newport ?.

A very reasoned proviso. However Semenyo has not only impressed from out wide but up the middle as well. He’s a real class act imo.

Fortunately he’s got a while yet before his contract expires so if any club want him this summer it would have to be a serious wedge - anything over £20m I reckon. 

Edited by Robbored

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

A very reasoned proviso. However Semenyo has not only impressed from out wide but up the middle as well. He’s a real class act imo.

Fortunately he’s got a while yet before his contract expires so if any club want him this summer it would have to be a serious wedge - anything over £20m I reckon. 

I wanted him central - thought he’d then be more dangerous, can go on either foot (see Fulham - a)…plus he’s strong back to goal (touch isn’t always perfect, but when it is, he can roll his man).