IGNORED

Rob Atkinson

OldlandReddies

49 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Rob has been in superb form the last few games and has been a real threat in front of goal. He is a HUGE 30/1 to score ANYTIME today with Betfair. He's as low as 11/1 elsewhere and a general 14/1. That is a price not to be missed surely???!!!! 

Thanks for the nudge. I just backed Cundy as 1st goalscorer at 84/1...

Looked to be battling through a slight knock towards the end of the game as well. 

Didn't look too comfortable when running. Looked like if Chris Martin stepped on a pin. 

Everything to like about him as a defender. A bit of fine tuning and I feel he could end up being a top end championship player. 

He is very similar to Rob Dickie (QPR) who gets rave reviews. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Looked to be battling through a slight knock towards the end of the game as well. 

Didn't look too comfortable when running. Looked like if Chris Martin stepped on a pin. 

Everything to like about him as a defender. A bit of fine tuning and I feel he could end up being a top end championship player. 

Dickie is very good, not sure if Atkinson is at his level yet

33 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Astounding today, superb in defence and attack. With 5 minutes to go he created a chance by pressing halfway in the opposition half. He was my man of the match. 

He was excellent all game and was MotM as well. Shame he blazed over when the ball fell him in the opposition box……:cool2:

He is a defender tho so I’ll let him off……..

15 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I was listening to Radio Bristol. There was caller implying we had three cart horses as center backs. Luckily we actually have a senior pro with bags of experience and some class plus two guys, one of whom didn’t get his first game until six weeks ago or so, who have come through non league to play their first season at this level and are starting to look decent together. 

Its tiring being a City fan and tiresome listening and reading some of our supporters. We played very decently on the counter attack and whethered a lot of pressure from a promotion chasing team in the first, the center backs and the two schoolboys out wide did very well all game! 

Atkinson can go a long way as you imply!!!

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

He’s got that peculiar running style though. A bit like Pitman

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Sno said:

I thought he was excellent today needs a leader alongside him and that's exactly what Klose is. I would have no qualms with these 2 as our first choice cbs in a 4 next season.

Klose was absolutely immense today.

16 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I was listening to Radio Bristol. There was caller implying we had three cart horses as center backs. Luckily we actually have a senior pro with bags of experience and some class plus two guys, one of whom didn’t get his first game until six weeks ago or so, who have come through non league to play their first season at this level and are starting to look decent together. 

Its tiring being a City fan and tiresome listening and reading some of our supporters. We played very decently on the counter attack and whethered a lot of pressure from a promotion chasing team in the first, the center backs and the two schoolboys out wide did very well all game! 

Proof that either drugs don’t work or they’ll have anyone on.

Cundy is a bit agricultural at times with his passing, but that’s only to be expected, nonsense about the other two, plus 2 conceded in the last 3 games, progress.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Ah..that was the lesser spotted Ian Gay/Bristol Boy/Man who’s frustrated football didn’t recognise his obvious talents

What his opinion is worth you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ah..that was the lesser spotted Ian Gay/Bristol Boy/Man who’s frustrated football didn’t recognise his obvious talents

Agh thanks for putting that together for me. I was in and out of the room so didn’t hear the introduction. I never realized the fella was Bristol Boy.

I’ve Listened to Mr Gay many times on the old fellas poddy.

He can be right some of the time and has no problems expressing his view, which is admirable! 

31 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So this would be the very same person who has been suggesting that we give Cundy a run of games until the end of the season?

Who did he think we’d partner him with? Virgil Van Dijk? 

What a complete tosser he is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He was excellent all game and was MotM as well. Shame he blazed over when the ball fell him in the opposition box……:cool2:

He is a defender tho so I’ll let him off……..

My MOTM Too.  Bodes well for next season.

55 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I turned on the radio just as he (Ian) had his called “politely ended” by the BBCRB guy.

Carthorses?  Klose is a ageing thoroughbred.

Atkinson has a strange running gait, but Rennie confirmed he’s one of the quickest at the club.  Cundy did pretty well again tonight.  The two up top for Sheffield were bloody sharp first half, little one-two’s, dummies and spins, etc.  I thought the three coped incredibly well.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My MOTM Too.  Bodes well for next season.

I turned on the radio just as he (Ian) had his called “politely ended” by the BBCRB guy.

Carthorses?  Klose is a ageing thoroughbred.

Atkinson has a strange running gait, but Rennie confirmed he’s one of the quickest at the club.  Cundy did pretty well again tonight.  The two up top for Sheffield were bloody sharp first half, little one-two’s, dummies and spins, etc.  I thought the three coped incredibly well.

If the Ian you’re referring takes part in podcasts he’s well known for his downbeat negativity, so much so that guys I car share with always turn the volume when he comes on RB……...……:cool2:

You’re spot regarding Klose. The guys a top defender, shame he joined us so late in his career.

9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Don't think it's a coincidence that Atkinson (and to a lesser extent Cundy) has played his best games with Klose alongside him rather than Kalas.

As for his running gait, he reminds me of David Rogers in that respect 

I can’t remember Rogers’s running gait, just his own goals! ?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You’re spot regarding Klose. The guys a top defender, shame he joined us so late in his career.

Indeed, a great shame.

Unfortunately, he was playing for Norwich in the Premier League and then, when they got relegated, starring to help them get promoted back again at the first attempt.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Klose was absolutely immense today.

Proof that either drugs don’t work or they’ll have anyone on.

Cundy is a bit agricultural at times with his passing, but that’s only to be expected, nonsense about the other two, plus 2 conceded in the last 3 games, progress.

Klose was outstanding I thought, even to the decision to take a yellow towards the end of the game.  Absolutely necessary and done quickly and efficiently.    Cundy will become a very good championship defender IMO.  He clearly has the mindset.  No lapses in concentration communicating with Klose and Scott well. 

Watching the 3 of them, I do think selling Kalas isn't the worst idea.  Save on wages, use the fee to buy a decent replacement and we have 4 good CBs for when I guess we go to a back 4 next season.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1