IGNORED

Andi Weimann

Lanterne Rouge

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Couldn't happen to a better pro. An example for others to follow.

Well done Andi.

This absolutely nails it

Right up there for hard work and professionalism in any list of players I’ve seen in a red shirt

A player that you are actually really pleased for when they are rewarded when things go well.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Unbelievable.

Considering he is “almost stealing a living” & just “runs around” to get 20 with 2 games to go & having played wherever the team wants is a brilliant achievement.

Player of the season by a mile.

To be fair previously he did tend to just run around a lot - fair play to NP for getting the best of him this season.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Because people kept banging about Wells being the "20 goal" man. When he's actually never scored 20 in one season for one club.

Weimann has.

It’s not Wells fault people bang on about him being a 20 goal man, and this season he’s been an absolute professional, not moaned about not being in the side and worked hard whenever needed. He’ll be off in the summer but will do so with no hard feelings that it hasn’t worked out.

Delighted for Andi, but I’d bet Wells will be too and one is not to the detriment of the other.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Uh fair enough? I don't really understand the vitriol Wells gets but if that's how you feel

I was strongly against the signing of Wells. It was a vanity signing of a player in the most purple patch of all the purple patches in purple patch town. It was expensive, unnecessary, and typified the Ashton style.

I am aware I am being petty, but I'm glad it's Weimann who's hit the milestone first. He's an absolute pro, and was a good signing (and re-signing).

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s not Wells fault people bang on about him being a 20 goal man, and this season he’s been an absolute professional, not moaned about not being in the side and worked hard whenever needed. He’ll be off in the summer but will do so with no hard feelings that it hasn’t worked out.

Agree, it's not Wells himself I have an issue with. More what he represents.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Andi has started all 44 games and as long as he avoids injury next week he should complete the season.  As a matter of interest anyone know who was the last City player to do this.  I know some of the team of the 70s did it, Brian Drysdale etc but there must a more recent player who’s started every league game.

Edited by Malago

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I was strongly against the signing of Wells. It was a vanity signing of a player in the most purple patch of all the purple patches in purple patch town. It was expensive, unnecessary, and typified the Ashton style.

I am aware I am being petty, but I'm glad it's Weimann who's hit the milestone first. He's an absolute pro, and was a good signing (and re-signing).

Agree, it's not Wells himself I have an issue with. More what he represents.

I actually feel really sorry for Wells. Probably didn't want to come, scored goals in a crap side on arrival and has since been shunted out wide and stuck on the bench. Been just as professional as Weimann but can't buy a run of games. We could and should have got more from him.

I'd let the whole "what he represents" thing go as it's entirely in your head, but that's up to you.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Horse shit.

No it isn't. When he was out wide its all he did. Now he's back playing in his actual position he's playing much better.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mr Sno said:

To be fair previously he did tend to just run around a lot - fair play to NP for getting the best of him this season.

He was much better than that - he pulls players out of position with his runs, works really hard defensively and chipped in with assists and goals, albeit not as many as this year.

I also still think Holden deserves a little bit of credit for showing Weimann could play behind a front 2….

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Excellent achievement and couldn't have happened to a more deserving player.

As we all know, his hard work and professionalism is second to none, but hopefully this achievement also helps Andi get a bit more recognition for his ability beyond being hard working. Though this season has seen a notable increase in his goal return, I think the underlying traits of a good striker have been there for quite a while. For example, the intelligence of his movement is excellent, and he's always seemed a relatively decent finisher when playing up front.

Despite what some of our fans may claim, there's a lot more too him than simply running (or "flapping") around ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Malago said:

Andi has started all 44 games and as long as he avoids injury next week he should complete the season.  As a matter of interest anyone know who was the last City player to do this.  I know some of the team of the 70s did it, Brian Drysdale etc but there must a more recent player who’s started every league game.

Bobby Reid - 2017/18:

• started all 46 Championship games
  • not involved in our 1 FA Cup game
  • started 4, subbed on in 2, not involved in 1 game in our Carabao Cup run.