IGNORED

Warburtons Toast

Silvio Dante

They have done really well coming back from that FFP fine.
I know some of their fans have been calling for his head, but that was because he'd done so well . Even my QPR mates were happy to stick with him. Not sure if they are in a position to spend, or if they can keep their players, next man will be interesting.
Can't wait to see what my mates think about Johnson possibly next man up.

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Usual jokes aside, I can see Johnson being interested in this one.

I hope Lee gets a job soon otherwise, with every vacancy, it’s going to be “job for LJ”. It was the same with Cotts. Good job they’re both not unemployed or it would be madness 

33 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I know some of their fans have been calling for his head, but that was because he'd done so well

Most managers don't bother with the doing well bit. He'll learn. The other option, of course, is to lower fans expectations so much that they'll be grateful if you avoid relegation. I can't possibly think of an example to illustrate that with though :whistle:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Is that a thing for Managers? Surely not?!

Sure I read the story somewhere that not all of them get a lump sum, some stay on the payroll until there is either a break in their contract terms or they find something else and then negotiations start as to a sensible settlement, as in, we were paying you 250k a year on a deal that had 12 months left, took you two months to find another club, they will be paying you 150k, so for the following 10 months, we will pay the difference between when you would have got with us, and what the new club are paying you.

Likely depends on the terms of the contract.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sure I read the story somewhere that not all of them get a lump sum, some stay on the payroll until there is either a break in their contract terms or they find something else and then negotiations start as to a sensible settlement, as in, we were paying you 250k a year on a deal that had 12 months left, took you two months to find another club, they will be paying you 150k, so for the following 10 months, we will pay the difference between when you would have got with us, and what the new club are paying you.

Likely depends on the terms of the contract.

Yes, that is a fairly typical scenario from what others in the game have said.

Paying a lump sum is not good for FFP, when the remaining length of a contract is multi year.