IGNORED

New shirt

Mattredrobin

30 minutes ago, robin for life said:

I've found in recent years some shirts have not been comfortable to wear,I like to wear an XL as it usually fits nicely and I can tuck it in, and it feels a bit baggy, whilst a Large would be a bit huggy. But recently even the XL shirts have been designed if you're an athlete and just are not comfy to wear. This looks like its similar to the old stuff I like to wear.

Highly recommend this years 3rd kit then. 

I really liked last years black away kit and bought an XL which was still too snug. Love the 3rd kit we have this season and tried it on out of curiosity whilst buying one for my son and it fit beautifully, really comfortable.

38 minutes ago, robin for life said:

I like it. It reminds me of the white one we had with DAS on it. I wish it still fit me, as it had a nice material which was comfy to wear, if you're not athletic if you get my drift. I also like the white, I think its much nicer than Purple and Lime, which I know a lot of fans love, but its not for me. I've found in recent years some shirts have not been comfortable to wear,I like to wear an XL as it usually fits nicely and I can tuck it in, and it feels a bit baggy, whilst a Large would be a bit huggy. But recently even the XL shirts have been designed if you're an athlete and just are not comfy to wear. This looks like its similar to the old stuff I like to wear.

The home shirt isn't for me, I get many like it. But this reminds me of shirts I did like and I am glad we've gone down this route again.

2008-2009 Away I liked, 2004-2005 away I liked, There was another I liked, which was a white and green sort of one, in the Phil Jevons sort of time playing for us, but can't find a picture of it anywhere, and my one is long gone binned now!

Don't remember a white and green kit, but there was definitely a white and grey kit.

Screenshot_20220708-084201_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Looks ok, I'd need to see the full thing but I think I like it.

Is it just me, or would it be good to get the option of no sponsors logo?
I know all the contractual things, and I do know it isn't going to happen and  it's to raise the companies profile etc etc. But I do think back to the old days of plain shirts and really like that old uncluttered look.

Bournemouth are offering sponsor free shirts for adults if they want as they are sponsored by Dafabet. Generally though companies who sponsor aren't going to want to do this. 

5 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

Bournemouth are offering sponsor free shirts for adults if they want as they are sponsored by Dafabet. Generally though companies who sponsor aren't going to want to do this. 

I guess it's the controversy about betting sponsors that allows that. No I get that sponsors paying lots of money want all the exposure they can get, and there are some I've liked . Just a shame.

55 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

Don't remember a white and green kit, but there was definitely a white and grey kit.

Screenshot_20220708-084201_Chrome.jpg

Does have a tinge of green in it to my eyes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I guess it's the controversy about betting sponsors that allows that. No I get that sponsors paying lots of money want all the exposure they can get, and there are some I've liked . Just a shame.

I've still got the shorts from this season definitely green :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robin for life said:

The home shirt isn't for me, I get many like it. But this reminds me of shirts I did like and I am glad we've gone down this route again

Yeh, I cannot quite get on board with this season's home shirt. I thought it might look better on the pitch but after the friendly I don't think it does. I'm not a huge fan I think.

I'm torn on the third kit. I kind of love it, but also kind of hate the grey and the pattern to it. It may grow on me though, and the orange and black contrast is great.

This away kit, if the leak is true, I love it. Sign me up and buy me one please.

So a mixed bag for me this season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

4 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

I've still got the shorts from this season definitely green :)

Gun metal grey IIRC was the description from the official site when it was released.

Definitely grey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Looks ok, I'd need to see the full thing but I think I like it.

Is it just me, or would it be good to get the option of no sponsors logo?
I know all the contractual things, and I do know it isn't going to happen and  it's to raise the companies profile etc etc. But I do think back to the old days of plain shirts and really like that old uncluttered look.

definitely, a sponsor can make or break a kit IMO. Our purple shirts with a red mansion bet logo looked odd for example - should have de-coloured like the keeper shirt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Serious question, if true, we are barely going to wear it, are we?

Stoke, Sunderland & Sheff U all wear stripes so we would have to wear our third kit, Boro & Burnley I guess? 

I'd guess Blackpool, Boro and Burnley potentially change kits. Maybe even Hull. We may use it when away to all blue teams, just for the sake of wearing it maybe?

2 hours ago, robin for life said:

I like it. It reminds me of the white one we had with DAS on it. I wish it still fit me, as it had a nice material which was comfy to wear, if you're not athletic if you get my drift. I also like the white, I think its much nicer than Purple and Lime, which I know a lot of fans love, but its not for me. I've found in recent years some shirts have not been comfortable to wear,I like to wear an XL as it usually fits nicely and I can tuck it in, and it feels a bit baggy, whilst a Large would be a bit huggy. But recently even the XL shirts have been designed if you're an athlete and just are not comfy to wear. This looks like its similar to the old stuff I like to wear.

The home shirt isn't for me, I get many like it. But this reminds me of shirts I did like and I am glad we've gone down this route again.

2008-2009 Away I liked, 2004-2005 away I liked, There was another I liked, which was a white and green sort of one, in the Phil Jevons sort of time playing for us, but can't find a picture of it anywhere, and my one is long gone binned now!

The new shirts are definitely still a bit "huggy" and athletic fit IMO. I'm a well fitting medium, or a loose large and these shirts fit quite snugly on me in a large. Plenty big enough but certainly not a typical large IMO anyway.

I wore one of my new ones last night for football training though, a lot nicer to wear for actually playing than some of our previous shirts. The Red with white pinstripes from the semi final season for example wasn't particularly nice to wear for sport.

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

The new shirts are definitely still a bit "huggy" and athletic fit IMO. I'm a well fitting medium, or a loose large and these shirts fit quite snugly on me in a large. Plenty big enough but certainly not a typical large IMO anyway.

I wore one of my new ones last night for football training though, a lot nicer to wear for actually playing than some of our previous shirts. The Red with white pinstripes from the semi final season for example wasn't particularly nice to wear for sport.

Wearing a replica shirt to play football in ???? 

It'll never catch on, strictly for fat blokes, watching TV in Pubs surely :whistle2:

• Haha 1

I’m a big fan of it, I’ll probably end up buying it. Usually would prefer to buy a retro/vintage shirt but something about our white away shirts always tempt me.

Showing how young I am here but one of my first shirts as a kid was the white DAS one with Adomah on the back. Absolute stunner.

Agreed it's definitely a shame. 

Yes, gun-metal grey has a greenish tinge although some say it is blue, to me that looks greenish when the blue tinge is mixed with grey.
image.png.22fcb781797cc1c597ea27ecd7cf0e77.png

Here is an American definition which spells grey wrong and means absolutely nothing to me....
image.png.7350c1ef143e16371b3fca36139ba41c.png

• Like 1

Can't recall if there was a graphic for City men's first five away games, but City women's fixtures were announced today. There's a graphic of their first five away fixtures. Looking at the colour, it's a subtle confirmation that the away kit could indeed be white...

10 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Can't recall if there was a graphic for City men's first five away games, but City women's fixtures were announced today. There's a graphic of their first five away fixtures. Looking at the colour, it's a subtle confirmation that the away kit could indeed be white...

To be fair, I think we’ve already had confirmation the shirt is white because we’ve all seen it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I'd guess Blackpool, Boro and Burnley potentially change kits. Maybe even Hull. We may use it when away to all blue teams, just for the sake of wearing it maybe?

Yep, I recall we used our last white away kit (the one with the old robin badge) at away games like Brum. 

7 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Our 3rd kit wouldn’t clash with their home shirt, nor would that black Stoke shirt clash with our home kit for the game at the Gate.

I understand that it can seem like that.

You're correct that our third kit v their home kit would likely be ok.

But a black away kit against our home kit could cause some issues for any fan who is colourblind and is trying to enjoy the game. Our home kit's white sleeves will help a little, but to completely minimise the dangers of those fans being affected it would be better for us to wear the white away kit, and Stoke to wear their black kit. This is permitted thanks to the change in EFL Rules this season, so why not use that new power to make sure the game is enjoyable for everyone?

• Like 1