IGNORED

Wells to go

1960maaan

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

A panic January buy to `get us over the line` and respond to criticism from fans in recent years when we hadn`t done that. If we`d have played him how we should have I`m sure he would have been more of a success. I don`t buy all the `doesn`t want to be here` crap, it`s just his natural manner (remember Brett Pitman was just the same?).

Good luck Nahki wherever you end up.

Absolutely this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superjack said:

Not what Pearson has said at all. Full of praise for Wells this season.In fact I think he said he would like to keep him.

I also think that it isn't up to Pearson.

Really missing the point.

IF Pearson really liked Wells the player, he would play.
Yes he has praised his attitude, whilst being out of the team, praised his attitude and professionalism . He still doesn't play nearly enough to warrant among the highest wages at the club.

I think you'll find it is up to Pearson, all be it within a structure or budget. Gould would have given Pearson an idea of where we stand, budget wise. Possibly they have conversations about scenarios , like Wells/Palmer/Baker off of the wage bill or moving a player on for money. It will be Nige's decision. Pearson has been in this position and knows the score.
He might want to keep him, but Wells wants football. It's clear Pearson doesn't rate him highly enough to start games, at his age Wells wants to start. In our budget, where we are financially , we can't sustain players on £20k + a week. Wells will probably go, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kalas sold and given the chance we would offload Palmer too. Wells could be the easiest , given his desire to play. Palmer ? Who knows, he has a young family and he's on very good wages, could be hard to shift. Kalas is different, one of our better players and has played a lot under NP, could go either way. But all this will be down to Pearson, with the caveat that he has those budget guidelines .