IGNORED

England Women, Champions of Europe

phantom

• Admin
1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Wrighty is such a likeable guy and what a fantastic reply. 

I was lucky to be in the box next to the directors (guest of Heineken) the night he was at City a few years back, got the chance to meet him and was very impressed with not how well he spoke but also how genuinely likeable and friendly he came across

• Like 3

That was a really good half of football. As you'd expect from a team dominated by Barcelona players Spain have had the majority of possession but the Germans, although not lacking flair, are amazingly efficient. What is interesting from the Germans is the number of times their right back finds herself at centre forward. Looking forward to the 2nd half. 

Is that the first JP commentary without a City reference? Anyway it was, a fascinating game of two contrasting styles. In terms of ball control and passing the entire Spanish team could play inside a phone box, but they lacked a cutting edge and, apart from one stunning save, they didn't work the German keeper. Germany were stereotypical of their football history and nation being well organised and efficient. 

England now can't meet Germany unless we both make the final. We're likely to meet Spain unless they lose to Denmark. We certainly have the ability to out power and out score Spain but can we keep it tight enough. Spain have the ability to pass it around us if we are not. Can't wait to find the answer. 

• Like 1

• Admin
8 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Is that the first JP commentary without a City reference? Anyway it was, a fascinating game of two contrasting styles. In terms of ball control and passing the entire Spanish team could play inside a phone box, but they lacked a cutting edge and, apart from one stunning save, they didn't work the German keeper. Germany were stereotypical of their football history and nation being well organised and efficient. 

England now can't meet Germany unless we both make the final. We're likely to meet Spain unless they lose to Denmark. We certainly have the ability to out power and out score Spain but can we keep it tight enough. Spain have the ability to pass it around us if we are not. Can't wait to find the answer. 

We'll destroy them if we both perform to the best of their abilities 

I'm more confident that my ticket to Wembley at the end of the month will see England play 

Haven't seen anyone yet that we should fear playing 

11 hours ago, phantom said:

We'll destroy them if we both perform to the best of their abilities 

I'm more confident that my ticket to Wembley at the end of the month will see England play 

Haven't seen anyone yet that we should fear playing 

France look good. 

• Like 2

Another decent game - Iceland vs Italy. 

Got to say the technique of striking of the ball in front of goal has improved enormously in the Woman’s game. Absolutely belter for Holland’s third, and great one this evening too. The foot to ball contact so clean and precise, hit perfectly. 

Other observation is that the Woman presenter at half-time and the blonde pundit were excellent. No need for positive discrimination, appoint solely on talent and the cream inevitably rises to the top be that male, female or purple-coloured with green spots. 

Edited by RedRock
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Another joke VAR over-rule. I think it flicks her thigh first too. Spoils the game.

Quite agree and to compound it a second yellow too. I wish a referee when told by VAR to check on the monitor would be brave enough to stick with their original decision rather than submitting to the whims of the VAR official.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Quite agree and to compound it a second yellow too. I wish a referee when told by VAR to check on the monitor would be brave enough to stick with their original decision rather than submitting to the whims of the VAR official.

I wish she had the guts to say “stop showing me that angle, it’s effing irrelevant”.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Odd commentary for me, aside from the fact that JP didn’t mention City, there seemed a fraction of delay between sound and vision. I knew the penalty had been saved before the keeper saved it. Most bizarre. 

Yeah, I noticed that as well - thought was a glitch on my TV….

It was never a penalty and justice was done when she missed it………………:rofl2br:I actually cheered!

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Odd commentary for me, aside from the fact that JP didn’t mention City, there seemed a fraction of delay between sound and vision. I knew the penalty had been saved before the keeper saved it. Most bizarre. 

Glad it wasn't just me. 

A few minutes earlier the picture froze and I am just wondering if after that we were being fed pictures a second or two behind the audio. As you said, Pearce was telling us the penalty kick had been saved the moment the ball was about to be struck by the taker.