IGNORED

Season Tickets

frenchred

• Admin
34 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Fantastic effort by those who have already bought theirs.

Can someone sensibly explain to me why the prices rise? If its been explained before then please lock this thread, but I can't comprehend why they go up

Sales technique to get as many people as possible to buy earlier rather than later

The club has much less income over the summer months so having this money in at the start of the summer greatly helps all other costs that continue

• Like 2

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm happy. As I reach 65 before the season starts my ST is now £40 cheaper than last year.

Good for you mate, I'm happy as well got mine early doors, just don't see the logic in increasing prices as of 01 june

3 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Good for you mate, I'm happy as well got mine early doors, just don't see the logic in increasing prices as of 01 june

I must admit that given many people's financial situation right now I don't see the logic either, especially knowing that in the prevailing climate family finances are likely to get worse before they get better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Sales technique to get as many people as possible to buy earlier rather than later

The club has much less income over the summer months so having this money in at the start of the summer greatly helps all other costs that continue

Spot on, stops people waiting till the last minute, as many do.

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

I understand what you are saying but it's nearly always returning fans who book first, I understand this isn't an exact science, they would still renew to keep their seat, I just Dont understand why prices need to go up?

Given the cost of living situation it's pretty bizarre tbh.

An incentive to renew early and keeping your seat for next season. Much needed cash flow for club while no match day revenue in off season. For those that leave it as late as possible to buy season cards ,have to pay the increase and will not be able to keep their seat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

I understand what you are saying but it's nearly always returning fans who book first, I understand this isn't an exact science, they would still renew to keep their seat, I just Dont understand why prices need to go up?

It generates more income

42 minutes ago, fatchers said:

An incentive to renew early and keeping your seat for next season. Much needed cash flow for club while no match day revenue in off season. For those that leave it as late as possible to buy season cards ,have to pay the increase and will not be able to keep their seat. 

i get that. but why should they pay more? they lose their seat if they had one but why increase the prices?

18 minutes ago, frenchred said:

i get that. but why should they pay more? they lose their seat if they had one but why increase the prices?

They aren't increasing the prices. Prices from 1st June are the normal price. Buy before 1st June to get the reduced rate. Every company does it nowadays from Easyjet to Great Western Railway. As others have said it guarantees a certain amount of income during a lean time. If they didn't do this everyone would wait until a week before the season to renew.

3 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

They aren't increasing the prices. Prices from 1st June are the normal price. Buy before 1st June to get the reduced rate. Every company does it nowadays from Easyjet to Great Western Railway. As others have said it guarantees a certain amount of income during a lean time. If they didn't do this everyone would wait until a week before the season to renew.

That's fair enough but why would everyone wait until a week before? They could keep the seat deadlines

People would just pay last minute if you had prices the same all the way throughout. And I suspect some would plan to renew then not bother. Giving an incentive early doors gets cash rolling in at a time when cash flow is low (ie off season). Pretty simple and sensible really. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

People would just pay last minute if you had prices the same all the way throughout. And I suspect some would plan to renew then not bother. Giving an incentive early doors gets cash rolling in at a time when cash flow is low (ie off season). Pretty simple and sensible really. 

i know, i know i know it’s what everyone else has said but all those who wanted to keep their seats or get the best choice would still go early or lose their seat. so keep the seat deadline but do away with the price increase coming up

49 minutes ago, frenchred said:

i know, i know i know it’s what everyone else has said but all those who wanted to keep their seats or get the best choice would still go early or lose their seat. so keep the seat deadline but do away with the price increase coming up

Not everyone is renewing though. Some are buying for the first time.

22 minutes ago, frenchred said:

but they can do that now! so why put the price up?

For all the reasons given in the thread. But as a side question, what do the prices rise to post 1 June when the 'advanced price' is removed? I can't find that anywhere on the website.

20 minutes ago, Laner said:

For all the reasons given in the thread. But as a side question, what do the prices rise to post 1 June when the 'advanced price' is removed? I can't find that anywhere on the website.

Ah. That they won’t tell you. Because otherwise you might decide it’s worth holding out… they want you to think it’ll rise a ridiculous amount and buy one now. 

51 minutes ago, frenchred said:

but they can do that now! so why put the price up?

As others have said, depends how you view it - I prefer to think of it as getting a cheaper price for parting with cash/signing up early. Like a lot of purchases, commit early and get the best deal. Encourages more to commit early which in turn gives the club earlier cash (or committed cash if the DD payment option).

46 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Ah. That they won’t tell you. Because otherwise you might decide it’s worth holding out… they want you to think it’ll rise a ridiculous amount and buy one now. 

I've just found the answer. Website updated today says a rise of between £15 and £20.

• Like 1