IGNORED

Parking Ticket

Creech Red

Hi guys, interested to know if this has happened to anyone else, I have just recieved a £100 parking charge notice for the 23rd April for parking in the Winterstoke Road carpark for the Derby away game. My understanding was that there was no charge for parking in Winterstoke carpark for away travel with CATS.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

No, but I got a bus lane ticket coming down Wine Street / High Street over Bristol Bridge….oblivious to the road signs.  When did that change….it’s been ages since I’ve driven around there (obviously ???).

Snap !

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Creech Red said:

Hi guys, interested to know if this has happened to anyone else, I have just recieved a £100 parking charge notice for the 23rd April for parking in the Winterstoke Road carpark for the Derby away game. My understanding was that there was no charge for parking in Winterstoke carpark for away travel with CATS.

If you’ve just received it & you parked there on the 23rd April you could probably appeal that and win. 

when is the letter dated?

Edited by Carey 6
  • Like 1

• Admin
33 minutes ago, Creech Red said:

Just now, Never to the dark side said:

Not sure if you have to register your car reg number.

This ⬆️⬆️

There's no free parking at the ground per se, there are a number of devices around that you have to register your number plate with 

27 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I always thought the PCN had to be issued within 14 days in order for the parking company to proceed with a claim against you? Go back to the car park (if you can) and read the signs……or get someone to photograph them for you.

I think it could be up to 28 days depending on location, but not sure why I have that in my head, so could be totally wrong.

Receiving a "ticket" from April in July, is someone taking a chance that you'll just cough up.

Taken from the Gov website (didn't state that it had to be issued within 28 days though):

Deadlines and penalties

If you do not pay a PCN within 28 days, you'll get a 'charge certificate' and you'll have 14 days to pay the original fine plus 50% more. You'll get a court order demanding payment if you do not pay a charge certificate within 14 days.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Never pay

That's a way to ruin.  No problems in complaining to the property owner/landlord, or checking out the signage or appealing.

But if the company did everything properly then you will end up with a much, much bigger bill by the time that court fees and bailiffs are involved.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Taz said:

I think it could be up to 28 days depending on location, but not sure why I have that in my head, so could be totally wrong.

Receiving a "ticket" from April in July, is someone taking a chance that you'll just cough up.

Taken from the Gov website (didn't state that it had to be issued within 28 days though):

Deadlines and penalties

If you do not pay a PCN within 28 days, you'll get a 'charge certificate' and you'll have 14 days to pay the original fine plus 50% more. You'll get a court order demanding payment if you do not pay a charge certificate within 14 days.

D79DF3C4-A5A1-42F9-9F79-B95247A0E44D.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No, but I got a bus lane ticket coming down Wine Street / High Street over Bristol Bridge….oblivious to the road signs.  When did that change….it’s been ages since I’ve driven around there (obviously ???).

It's been about 2 years Dave! You can come from the Galleries up Wine St/High St but can only turn right down Baldwin St - and even then you have to either go down towards Welsh Back or down Marsh Street as cars can't access the centre. Bristol Bridge is buses/taxis/bikes only 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It's been about 2 years Dave! You can come from the Galleries up Wine St/High St but can only turn right down Baldwin St - and even then you have to either go down towards Welsh Back or down Marsh Street as cars can't access the centre. Bristol Bridge is buses/taxis/bikes only 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-bridge-closure-seven-knock-4422102

@Davefevs

Edited by CyderInACan

8 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Haha, 2 years….I should read the road signs.  You’ll be telling me next that the flyover isn’t there anymore!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

About a year....maybe more!  Seen so many people drive down there.....nice little earner for the council. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hxj said:

That's a way to ruin.  No problems in complaining to the property owner/landlord, or checking out the signage or appealing.

But if the company did everything properly then you will end up with a much, much bigger bill by the time that court fees and bailiffs are involved.

Weird way to quote by taking two words out of a full sentence. Read the whole thing. 

You must work for a parking company,  because all you’ve said is untrue.  As long as you follow the linked advice, there’s no need to pay private companies. I’ve been through this multiple times and still yet to pay an invoice from a private firm (it is not a ‘fine’).  There’s also a regulator - The BPA, which I’ve appealed to and they’ve found in my favour at least twice. 

5 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Weird way to quote by taking two words out of a full sentence. Read the whole thing. 

You must work for a parking company,  because all you’ve said is untrue.  As long as you follow the linked advice, there’s no need to pay private companies. I’ve been through this multiple times and still yet to pay an invoice from a private firm (it is not a ‘fine’).  There’s also a regulator - The BPA, which I’ve appealed to and they’ve found in my favour at least twice. 

"Never pay" - This is really, really bad advice and a good way to potentially get a CCJ on your credit record.

Your link is specifically about unfair tickets, not ones where you just ignored visible signs or whatever and don't want to pay up. If someone simply parks where they shouldn't and gets a ticket, and the private company has followed the rules then it's often best to just pay up in my opinion.

Some of these companies, including "Parking eye" now regularly do follow through on their threats and make county court claims.

https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/parking-eye/

"Ignoring private parking tickets was the popular advice until late 2012. Before then, threatening letters would be sent for months after the ticket, but in the end, they would just stop when the parking company realised the recipient would not ‘bite’. Few parking companies attempted to enforce tickets in court due to the fact that this area of law was ‘grey’ and that the costs would outweigh the income from the ticket anyway.

However, in late 2012 Parking Eye started a campaign to change that perception (and in turn their income) by issuing court claims. Their theory was that faced with a claim, many motorists would simply fold and pay up. Further, by going to court with a solicitor to argue against a member of the public with no legal background, the odds would be stacked in their favour. There were also those that ignored the court papers, meaning that a county court judgement was issued by default. This campaign was very successful for ParkingEye; the perception of their tickets has been changed meaning that ignoring isn’t the simple answer it used to be.

In the first 9 months of 2015 ParkingEye issued 24,540 small claims. Of these, 724 went to a hearing. This suggests both that ParkingEye are not afraid to issue claims, but also that a large number of cases are settled ahead of a hearing."

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Yes but only if its 'unfair'. The parking signs at Winterstoke Road state you must enter your reg to register your parking and you dont then its fair cop. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

"Never pay" - This is really, really bad advice and a good way to potentially get a CCJ on your credit record.

Your link is specifically about unfair tickets, not ones where you just ignored visible signs or whatever and don't want to pay up. If someone simply parks where they shouldn't and gets a ticket, and the private company has followed the rules then it's often best to just pay up in my opinion.

Some of these companies, including "Parking eye" now regularly do follow through on their threats and make county court claims.

https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/parking-eye/

"Ignoring private parking tickets was the popular advice until late 2012. Before then, threatening letters would be sent for months after the ticket, but in the end, they would just stop when the parking company realised the recipient would not ‘bite’. Few parking companies attempted to enforce tickets in court due to the fact that this area of law was ‘grey’ and that the costs would outweigh the income from the ticket anyway.

However, in late 2012 Parking Eye started a campaign to change that perception (and in turn their income) by issuing court claims. Their theory was that faced with a claim, many motorists would simply fold and pay up. Further, by going to court with a solicitor to argue against a member of the public with no legal background, the odds would be stacked in their favour. There were also those that ignored the court papers, meaning that a county court judgement was issued by default. This campaign was very successful for ParkingEye; the perception of their tickets has been changed meaning that ignoring isn’t the simple answer it used to be.

In the first 9 months of 2015 ParkingEye issued 24,540 small claims. Of these, 724 went to a hearing. This suggests both that ParkingEye are not afraid to issue claims, but also that a large number of cases are settled ahead of a hearing."

Yes don't ignore. Got a CCJ 4 years ago and didn't find out till last year. Got it backdated but still had to pay the original penalty. 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

It’s still there mate, don’t worry. They’d be stupid to tear it down. 

1EE5D1DB-21BC-46F1-85C6-2EEA0FABDE98.jpeg

Who can remember the name of the pub down the road to the bottom left of the flyover, hottest ticket ticket in town to the winner, season ticket at the gas

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

Who can remember the name of the pub down the road to the bottom left of the flyover, hottest ticket ticket in town to the winner, season ticket at the gas

The Grosvenor?

My parents had their wedding reception there!!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Cracking question. Must've been driven past it hundreds of times but the name escapes me 

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My daughter got done on Baldwin Street, they sent her the pictures and she was the only vehicle on the road, she must have thought that Bristol traffic had got much lighter since lockdown. :)

• Haha 1