IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth pre-season friendly match-day thread

Jerseybean

Surprised given wilson has a minor knock, that tanner isn’t given the position seeing as they are supposed to be competing for that role. Could suggest tanner isn’t yet trusted or ready to play wing back.

With wilson out, I fell we could be a lot less toothless in attack but Sykes has shown he can be useful. I just hope Scott isn’t out at right back

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Vyner just isn’t good enough IMO and it’s concerning he is still be played in the side. Especially with Tanner on the bench. Not good enough for championship football 

Totally agree. It's concerning I can't lie

• Like 1

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Vyner just isn’t good enough IMO and it’s concerning he is still be played in the side. Especially with Tanner on the bench. Not good enough for championship football 

Klose on the bench who will be starting next week, and Kalas to come back. Vyner will drop to 5th choice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

and @Davefevs

This will be his best position I’m sure but for this season the two midfield positions will be taken by James and Williams if both fit so I’d like to see Scott starting slightly ahead of them.  I see Scott as very versatile who can slot into midfield two if we have an injury and can also cover Weimann and even Semenyo if they are out.  An excellent player to have in a squad.  May well start 35-40 games this season across 3 positions 

???

32 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Getting concerned that Vyner might start vs Hull to be honest. He is too vulnerable and a weak link

Nah, he’s keep Klose on the bench to use his experience with Towler and Wood should the back 3 be changed in the second half.  Just like against Exeter.

Just watching the highlights of the win at Plymouth now, about 5 mins in...we were opened up quite a few times weren't we! Or at least conceded a reasonable number of chances- still 5 mins of it to go...hope it was an earlyish flurry, or flurry in the 1st half.

Bell assist, Wells goal at Plymouth- thought they worked that well.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I hope so but with the season starting next week and this being our last game. I reckon he will be starting next week.

There is an in-house game next week…behind closed doors obviously….Pre-season being executed to plan, and also not giving away next week’s line-up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Be good to see how Naismith and Atkinson work

They’ve partnered each other several time in pre-season already, or are you saying you’ve just not seen the games???

Just now, Northern Red said:

Judging by the first 2 and a half pages I'm predicting full on meltdown if we lose this.

Looks that way doesn’t it.

Chill everyone….the aim of pre-season is to be in the best shape for Hull C in 7 days time…not Bournemouth today!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Totally disagree. A teenager playing in a number of positions is a good thing.  And it will add value.  

You also need to account for the strengths of more established team mates.

He’s proven he can play in a number of positions already, last season. We need more than 4 Gs and 2 As this season. If he can push 10 goals, which of course would be helped playing in his strongest position over a long period of time, we will get huge bids next summer. 

Just now, westonred said:

I cant believe this isnt being televised what a tinpot club Bournemouth must be even the G*s televise thier friendlies. Its like going back to the dark ages not being able to watch  

Hoping City do a decent highlights package post-match.

Tinpot -spot on.

• Like 2

I can’t understand all the confusion in earlier posts about who was playing wing back. 
The team sheet is quite clear. Every game pre-season they’ve listed CB,CB,CB,RWB,CM,CM,LWB in that order. 

Quite obvious from the team sheet that it’s a back 3 with Sykes at wing back and Scott in the front 3

Edited by Harry
  • Like 7