IGNORED

working for the clampdown

Antman

It's a bit of a shame with the pitch invasions. I think there are moments - such as after a big cup upset, winning promotion or avoiding relegation - where a pitch invasion is a joyful communal moment and it is a shame to see that outlawed and penalised but a combination of a few violent idiots and egocentric parents being desperate to let little Tarquin and Jemima have their moment on the pitch regardless of what anyone else thinks has left the leagues and the FA with very little choice. 

• Like 9

Although like thousands of others I've been on the pitch now and then, (Chester in 1984 being one of my favourite moments) and miss old school football days, I still think this is (regrettably) the right thing in the current climate. 

Players, staff and officials are being put at increasing risk, even if it is only a tiny proportion of fans who go on with bad intentions. Do we just carry on until inevitably something really horrific happens?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, RedRock said:

Now then, top 5 favourite pitch invasions:-

Coventry A 2-2

Sags A 5-0

Portsmouth H 1-0

Rotherham H we won

Chester A 1-0/2-1?

Walsall 89/90

Multiple invasions. 

Palace in the Playoffs. 

The one against Rovers when Beadle scored for them & Ian Holloway cried. 

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

It's dodgy ground to start banning for life people who shouldnt be on the pitch.

We might have lost half our squad before September is out.

Could've been a solution to many a problem over the years though! 

21 minutes ago, Midred said:

Will this include the autograph/shirt hunters after the match?

Yep. It's a sweeping enforcement of a law that already exists. If you leave grey area them people will exploit it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Walsall 89/90

Multiple invasions. 

Palace in the Playoffs. 

The one against Rovers when Beadle scored for them & Ian Holloway cried. 

Walsall 89/90 was my first season and therefore first pitch invasion, I removed the chants of “Ronnies got a pencil” to Ronnie Sinclair who had been stripped naked and carried aloft on the shoulders of fans!  

• Like 1

Just now, Tinmans Love Child said:

Walsall 89/90 was my first season and therefore first pitch invasion, I removed the chants of “Ronnies got a pencil” to Ronnie Sinclair who had been stripped naked and carried aloft on the shoulders of fans!  

Likewise. 

That was only my 4th City game. 

Well & truly hooked after that..! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Removed should have said remember, I didn’t spot the predictive text change!

22 hours ago, chinapig said:

Nice Clash reference btw.

22 hours ago, City Rocker said:

That was the only reason I gave it a like, TBH

Have long thought: Working for Steve Lansdown had some potential terrace anthem about it (if only Stormzy or Adele or someone 2022 would cover it):

"They put up a bedsheet saying: Get yer Johnson Out

Working for .... "

"The kingdom is ransacked, the jewels all taken back .... what are we going to do now?" is a fairly apt opening line too.

I'll try it on the "No chance Chants" thread and let you know how it goes down ....

• Like 1