IGNORED

Food at the gate

Oldland2

Why are Bristol city serving up the horrible tasting and expensive pies etc, and the cheek of it calling them the fan’s favourites, last season I have noticed that the queue for food has dwindled considerably since introducing the Buxton and bird food, so how can they claim that they’re the fan favourites and more fans seem to be bring good in from outside ground i do my own at home and they’re still warm enough to eat when I get to the ground. 
come on city open your eyes and bring back the quality chunk pies etc, even greggs are better that what’s in sale at the moment, or better still Clarks

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Oldland2 said:

Why are Bristol city serving up the horrible tasting and expensive pies etc, and the cheek of it calling them the fan’s favourites, last season I have noticed that the queue for food has dwindled considerably since introducing the Buxton and bird food, so how can they claim that they’re the fan favourites and more fans seem to be bring good in from outside ground i do my own at home and they’re still warm enough to eat when I get to the ground. 
come on city open your eyes and bring back the quality chunk pies etc, even greggs are better that what’s in sale at the moment, or better still Clarks

On the odd occasion that I actually buy any food at AG I always get a pastie or something similar from one of the outside vendors.

I can’t remember the last time I bought anything other than a coffee from the concourse outlets

I have had pies at the Gate but not often as I'm not a fan of what's on offerand they fall apart in your hand. If I'm going to have a pie I'd sooner pick up a Clark's on Ashton Road. It's half the price and stays together.   

If I'm going to splurge on food at the Gate then for me it's the Goat Curry. Not cheap but it's tasty and different from the normal football fayre. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Oldland2 said:

I agree that Chunk were miles better than B&B. Better off going to Clark’s or Parson’s tbh. 

All about choice.......there should be a variety of outlets providing food to a wide range of tastes.  If you provide quality, people will buy it.     Burgers and chips to Vegan alternatives, etc could  all be on offer, if the club got themselves organised.  Instead of it being all about the profit margin's,  rather than the choice and quality that should be on offer?...which could still be profitable if the standards, choice and quality were provided?

Edited by maxjak

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I have had pies at the Gate but not often as I'm not a fan of what's on offerand they fall apart in your hand. If I'm going to have a pie I'd sooner pick up a Clark's on Ashton Road. It's half the price and stays together.   

If I'm going to splurge on food at the Gate then for me it's the Goat Curry. Not cheap but it's tasty and different from the normal football fayre. 

With you here! Nan's curry with rice and peas, washed down with a pint of Red Stripe.

Noticed last season at full time, there were shedloads of pies and pasties left over and being sold off for £1. With the choices around the ground, there doesn't seem to be a great demand for the pies on the concourse. Only tried them once, when there was a 'meal deal' on. Not rushing to have one again!

Perhaps some customer feedback on what food and drink we want? I would love to see Thatchers Dry back on tap.?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

I have found I can save a few quid if I take my own food, drink outside the ground, borrow a mates season card and get the kit cheaper via a dodgy knock off site in China.

Meanwhile, I wonder why the club keep posting big losses.

I’m happy to pay for unique merchandise, but I won’t pay stupid prices for food that is cheaper outside. Sausage and chips from the Willow Garden (?) if I’m really hungry.

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

All about choice.......there should be a variety of outlets providing food to a wide range of tastes.  If you provide quality, people will buy it.     Burgers and chips to Vegan alternatives, etc could  all be on offer, if the club got themselves organised.  Instead of it being all about the profit margin's,  rather than the choice and quality that should be on offer?...which could still be profitable if the standards, choice and quality were provided?

Ashton Gate on matchdays has a variety and choice that is probably unmatched and certainly unsurpassed at any other football ground in the country!

The slight downside last season was the change of pie supplier, which was certainly a change for the worse, but hopefully the club are aware of this and will change again.

The cider and beer on offer is about as good as it's possible to be considering the size of the stadium and outlets.

The vans and outlets outside and around the ground enhance the offerings as well.

Biggest quiblle would be some of the prices, but that is a problem wherever you go!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Ashton Gate on matchdays has a variety and choice that is probably unmatched and certainly unsurpassed at any other football ground in the country!

The slight downside last season was the change of pie supplier, which was certainly a change for the worse, but hopefully the club are aware of this and will change again.

The cider and beer on offer is about as good as it's possible to be considering the size of the stadium and outlets.

The vans and outlets outside and around the ground enhance the offerings as well.

Biggest quiblle would be some of the prices, but that is a problem wherever you go!

Best burgers going the van outside lansdown stand , I think food choices are great washed down with small bottle of red wine at half time minters 

Food in the ground is bang average, apart from the stand alone concessions, and has been on a slow decline since the rebuild - that being said, it’s poles apart from pre rebuild. 

As others have said, the vans outside are where the good stuff can be found, although I do miss and old school economy burger.