IGNORED

Luton Town home match day thread

Just now, And Its Smith said:

I said red as soon as it happened and in slow mo it looked even worse 

I guess the game has become non contact then... honestly he has a trailing foot, studs are down and made contact with the ball, aggression in a challenge isn't reason alone for a red. The challenge was fair but too aggressive means the most it should be is a yellow.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

That's an absolute disgrace from the ref!

Another penalty not given, and keen as you like to send Sykes off. 

We received an apology today for the officiating at the Hull match. I'd expect another very soon!

I said it on Saturday and I will say it again, "I think these refs should be made to go on refresher courses every so often"

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I guess the game has become non contact then... honestly he has a trailing foot, studs are down and made contact with the ball, aggression in a challenge isn't reason alone for a red. The challenge was fair but too aggressive means the most it should be is a yellow.

Rules are just made up at this point. It's all interpretation for a game gone soft. No red for Bennett for deliberate kick out on an opponent without the ball. Red for Sykes for a hard tackle while winning the ball. It was a foul but not 2 footed, not off the ground imo.