Its as simple as that

The reason we need a big strong front man is apparent

Its not just attack it also to help defend at corners set pieces

How many times did Lea Peacock come back and win defensive headers last season

I believe we are missing this ingredient

We do not concede many goals from open play only from set pieces and corners

Its as simple as that

How about some taller midfielders?

Target Man is someone to hoof the ball towards, target man is not a target for defensive corners/set pieces :P

Interesting to see how Amankwaah progresses on the path back from injury. His height at the back would be useful from set pieces. Smithy has done well so far, and whilst we all like commitment he seems too eager to go to ground when tackling. The one to give away the penalty last night was reckless. He's owes Phillips big time. If Stevey hadn't saved the penalty Smithy would be getting slated on here.

What I'd like to see above anything is an experienced striker whether he's tall or not. We have alot of young strikers that could do with someone to take the pressure off them.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA

:(

The reason we need a big strong front man is apparent

Its not just attack it also to help defend at corners set pieces

How many times did Lea Peacock come back and win defensive headers last season

I believe we are missing this ingredient

We do not concede many goals from open play only from set pieces and corners

Its as simple as that

Did you watch the game Vs Everton........... Leroy lita won all the headers that came his way and how many times did he come back to defend corners !

Fortune is just about the tallest player in the club and yet when he played in defence City still struggled with defending set pieces.

Its not just about having height at the back (Evertons second goal came after Chadwick had stooped to head the ball in) its about the defenders anticipating rather than ball watching as most of them seem to do.

Its also about marking properly and stopping your man getting a run on the ball and having a midfielder or striker have the responsibilty of picking up any unmarked attackers.Its not rocket science,other teams manage it very well.

In my view, City don't have a defencive organiser in the Shuan Taylor mode who job it is to ensure all threats are covered by keeping teamates alert and concentrating.

I also think Phillips has to take more command of his box when a high ball does come it.He often stays on his line and then blames the defenders when the ball ends up in the net.Remember Swindons winner?

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
Fortune is just about the tallest player in the club and yet when he played in defence City still struggled with defending set pieces.

Its not just about having height at the back (Evertons second goal came after Chadwick had stooped  to head the ball in) its about the defenders anticipating rather than ball watching as most of them seem to do.

Its also about marking properly and stopping your man getting a run on the ball and having a midfielder or striker have the responsibilty of picking up any unmarked attackers.Its not rocket science,other teams manage it very well.

In my view, City don't have a defencive organiser in the Shuan Taylor mode who job it is to ensure all threats are covered by keeping teamates alert and concentrating.

I also think Phillips has to take more command of his box when a high ball does come it.He often stays on his line and then blames the defenders when the ball ends up in the net.Remember Swindons winner?

I feel that fortune should have been on from the start. Can we agree on that ?

Archived