IGNORED

Motivation

Guest osit

I find it rather disturbing that our team can raise their game and get glowing comments from the Premier League oppositions manager when they can't even hardly muster a shot on target in the last two away league games. what was the motivation last night? What is worth more, 3 points on a Saturday and to climb the table or a few quid from a meaningless cup run? I think the manager and team need to get their priorities right because I for one will settle for no less than three points and a convincing performance on Saturday. :Rage:

Its a question of routine versus the unexpected..

46 League games in front of average crowds between 3500 and 15000 and the chance to play against Premier League players in a one-off match in front of a packed AG.

I know which I'd get more motivated for.

Its human nature to be more "up" for a game against quality players.Its most lower league professional players dream play in the Premier League with all the money and glamour and for lower league players the chance to pit your skills agianst these guys doesn`t come very often.

I know,... but it shouldn't be like that. Last season should have taught us that lesson and DW should be stressing that point more than any other on Saturday.

As for raising your game for a big match, nothing last season could have been bigger than the secong leg versus Cardiff. Having beaten them twice in the league, full house, live on Sky.......we could only create one half chance, a header from Tinnion. The Cup Final at Cardiff wasn't much better, outplayed for a long period by a team from the 3rd Div, fighting for its existence, we should have been 2 down at half-time. I suppose I just can't see us achieving anything under the current management. He's got til Xmas as far as I'm concerned and we need to be top 3 or 4 and right on the pace.

Archived