IGNORED

Why All The Long Faces

city_pete

How quickly we forget, I remember the 0-0 draw with colchecter in september than soundly beaten by Swansea and Nottingham forest. I had written the season off already.

Itis time to have faith we are looking upwards and improving only a third of the season gone, we have taken 9 points in the first five games. still 32 games to play keep this up that will be 54- 60 points + 16 points that is 76 points and these first nine points have been achieved, despite the off field activities, still only seven points off the play offs with a game in hand.

We are looking stronger at home, believe we will become more of a force, as stated in many threads with Johnson he goes for the three points, we can all see where the team needs improving and it will happen, no one is running away with this league, consistency is what everone aspires and if we are within touching distance of the play offs by Christmas we will push for the play offs.

We will lose games, but lets move on to wednesday IF we take three points here, than we will move up the table achieved 6 out of nine in the three league away games.

To win a football game you need to score goals, two league away games 6 goals, when the defence is settled we will solve our defensive fralities and push on.

Come on believe in the lads, correct they are not all angels, some will be leaving soon, new faces will come in, need to support these changes postively, Johnson is the manager and I believe he is managing effictivly and also picking up a half decent points total already.

This is not the premiership it is the third division, committment, consistency is the differnce between the teams that get promoted and than if ou get these areas right , the quality we believe will shine through.

Come on you reds, up the table hear we go, also I am interested in the lottery that takes place to witch hunt individual players which seem to change from week to week, is there a draw done or do a committe meet to decide this weeks target?

How quickly we forget, I remember the 0-0 draw with colchecter in september than soundly beaten by Swansea and Nottingham forest. I had written the season off already.

Itis time to have faith we are looking upwards and improving only a third of the season gone, we have taken 9 points in the first five games. still 32 games to play keep this up that will be 54- 60 points + 16 points that is 76 points and these first nine points have been achieved, despite the off field activities, still only seven points off the play offs with a game in hand.

We are looking stronger at home, believe we will become more of a force, as stated in many threads with Johnson he goes for the three points, we can all see where the team needs improving and it will happen, no one is running away with this league, consistency is what everone aspires and if we are within touching distance of the play offs by Christmas we will push for the play offs.

We will lose games, but lets move on to wednesday IF we take three points here, than we will move up the table achieved 6 out of nine in the three league away games.

To win a football game you need to score goals, two league away games 6 goals, when the defence is settled we will solve our defensive fralities and push on.

Come on believe in the lads, correct they are not all angels, some will be leaving soon, new faces will come in, need to support these changes postively, Johnson is the manager and I believe he is managing effictivly and also picking up a half decent points total already.

This is not the premiership it is the third division, committment, consistency is the differnce between the teams that get promoted and than if ou get these areas right , the quality we believe will shine through.

Come on you reds, up the table hear we go, also I am interested in the lottery that takes place to witch hunt individual players which seem to change from week to week, is there a draw done or do a committe meet to decide this weeks target?

Fair play to you mate :chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

I trust that GJ has identified any weakness(defence) and is working to ensure that four goals are never conceded again. I really hope that we see the real potential of BCFC this season. I am sure that SL would not have appointed GJ if he considered that GJ would not deliver promotion.

FAIR SHOUT. :D

I think a few fans are still pining over the loss of the previous manager.

Goodness knows why. As if the likes of Laycock etc had their way & BT was still here, we would be doing Swindle a favour!!!

GJ will need time to sort out the shambles BT left & I am very confident that once he stamps his authority on the players & staff then we will really begin to move forward.

I for one believe we can still push on for a play-off place this season & expect a few players moving in & out over the next 2/3 months.

:city:

I think the reason for many long faces is that GJ turned around the club or seemed to in about 24 hours and now the realisation is that the problems run far deeper! I'm impressed by what he has done and really think the club is going forward its just annoying that the players aren't doing the business at the moment. The attitude of the club towards the fans is also pretty awful at the moment and that isn't helping with the current supporter unrest!

:city::city::city:

Given the positive build up that the fans gave the club prior to the season start about the BT signings I'm not sure that the current((black)currant?) shambles can be attributed to BT ( I wish I could have seen him play), but more about team moral and team spirit that make a team rather than a collection of great football players........open ended dribble...........

At the start of the season many fans saw the squad that Tinnion hs assembled as the strongest we'd seen at City for long time.Apart from Russell all of them have had first team starts but City still can't defend despite a change in manager and the players so say being more motivated.

If you look at the defenders individually its hard to explain why they can't function as a unit.

Carey - good solid experienced defender,decent pace but can't distribute the ball with any effect

Smith - seemingly third in the right back pecking order but experienced and a strong character.

Heywood - slow but dominant in the air and experienced.

Woodman - also experienced but poor positionally.Good going forward.

Goldbourne - young and inexperienced.

Orr - Decent full back.Solid, good tackler but inexperienced.

Partridge - Probably the best of the bunch but prone to the odd mistake.

Sankofa - young and very inexperienced.

Fortune - slated by many fans but still a good footballer but not a defender imo.

Phillips - great shot stopper but weak in every other aspect of goalkeeping except kicking.

What City don't have is a strong holding player in front of the back 4.I reckon Fortune could play there but apart from him who else is there? Russell like to get forward so even when he's fit it won't change things.Skuse doesn't do the job well enough if goals conceded away is anything to go by.

We've got 9 points out of a possible 15 under Johnson. Isn't promotion form 2 points per game in this division?

Carey - good solid experienced defender,decent pace but can't distribute the ball with any effect

He's an overrated defender who backs off anyone who runs at him until the last possible moment and can't tackle. His positional play as a full back is dreadful.

At the start of the season many fans saw the squad that Tinnion hs assembled as the strongest we'd seen at City for long time.Apart from Russell all of them have had first team starts but City still can't defend despite a change in manager and the players so say being more motivated.

If you look at the defenders individually its hard to explain why they can't function as a unit.

Smith - seemingly third in the right back pecking order but experienced and a strong character.

Heywood - slow but dominant in the air and experienced.

Woodman - also experienced but poor positionally.Good going forward.

Goldbourne - young and inexperienced.

Orr - Decent full back.Solid, good tackler but inexperienced.

Partridge - Probably the best of the bunch but prone to the odd mistake.

Sankofa - young and very inexperienced.

Fortune - slated by many fans but still a good footballer but not a defender imo.

Phillips - great shot stopper but weak in every other aspect of goalkeeping except kicking.

What City don't have is a strong holding player in front of the back 4.I reckon Fortune could play there but apart from him who else is there? Russell like to get forward so even when he's fit it won't change things.Skuse doesn't do the job well enough if goals conceded away is anything to go by.

I think most fans agree that Heywood and Partridge will be our centre-back pairing when fit. Woodman and Carey have been below the standard expected of them. Orr learning a new role at right-back. Golbourne massive potential but will, like Mat Hill when he first made the City team, make occasional errors (and, as with Hill, people will moan about him).

I think that Giving Skuse more time to improve on that holding role would be better (certainly more popular) than using Fortune in that role. I know you like the idea, but most won't.

I couldn't agree more, its nice to see someone trying to be positive at the moment, we all know its going to be a long and difficult season, but I am happier now we have GJ running this club, I believe, and its only MY opinion, that we definitely have the correct man in charge of our football team.

Once again a very positive post from you City Pete.

Archived