IGNORED

City Badge

crusader

City Badge  

373 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

don't know about anyone else on here, but i don't really think of us as 'the robins', if you see what i'm saying. sounds a bit soft!

Male Robins are noted for their highly aggressive territorial behaviour. They will ruthlessly attack other males that stray into their territories, and have been observed attacking other small birds without apparent provocation. Such attacks sometimes lead to fatalities, accounting for up to 10% of adult Robin deaths in some areas

Don't sound very soft to me.

Guest Eamer

Most of the time I've been a fan the badge as been the coat of arms so I'll have to pick that, I understand it's the Robin for others as they grew up with that as the badge so it's hard to say. Would be worth trying to mix them.

Our shirts were plain that day from the pic of our team that i saw in the football museum.

DSCF1542.jpg

My first memories of the City badge when younger was the robin, mainly from the clock in the Williams. Did want to get a tattoo of that done, but now starting to change my mind and want one of the crest done instead.

Graham Souness grand dad far right on back row?

Ditch the robin and try to expunge the fact we were ever the robins. It's an abysmal identity.

In fact, go to the Cardiff owners and tell them, if you want a team in the area that plays in red who you want to put money into. Here we damn well are.

You want to call us the dragons? Sure.

Gota be the Robin/Suspension Bridge for me, much more specific/relevant to us than the coat of arms. The crest is used by the rugby club & the city council even use it! The robin is ours & would love to see it back on our shirts one day. I understand why people think it maybe cartoonish, but im sure there must be a way it can be modernised???

As I have already posted before, why not be commercially savvy and have both. This could be done in one of two ways -

1. Have the robin on the home shirt and the crest on the away shirt and then rotate each season. Those that want a Robin on their shirt will be happy and vis versa.

2. Every 5 seasons or so change between the Robin and the Crest. This will make the club money as everything can be launched a fresh - scarves, shirts, ties etc. Also people who particularly like one or the other [and the poll seems to show it is a pretty even split) will know that there preferred look has not been ditched but simply replaced for a period of time.

Ditch the robin and try to expunge the fact we were ever the robins. It's an abysmal identity.

In fact, go to the Cardiff owners and tell them, if you want a team in the area that plays in red who you want to put money into. Here we damn well are.

You want to call us the dragons? Sure.

It could be of economic advantage to do the opposite.

Archived