IGNORED

Young Strikers

Rednready

Strikers we have discussed and how they scored.

Porter- Motherwell-36 starts- 17 goals.

Gillespie-Cheltenham-36 starts-16 goals.

Maynard-Crewe- 24 starts- 15 goals.

Garner-Carlisle-33 starts- 14 goals.

Any others not too old who have been mentioned or could be value ? Brooker not quite 27, will be good value if we can keep him healthy and he still has a year under contract.

Out of them I would only have Maynard although he does seem to be a bit injury prone.

I have been checking crewes results recently to see how maynard is getting on, and the answer most weeks is very well! With Varneys transfer fee last year being 2 million, I think that it will take the same type of fee to get maynard here.

Si

Maynard is quality, suprb player, intelligent, links, great strike on him and gets on the end of things in the 6 yard box. Yes he was injured again for a period this season but scoring that many in that amount of games in a side who just stayed up is testament to his quality.

Danny Graham the other Carlisle striker, both Carlisle strikers failed at the end of the season though it's only their first full year.

Porter went to Scotland for a signing on fee rather than not get that fee and go to the championship..a strange decision at the least.

Maynard stands out in terms of ability, but also in cost..Got to be better value elsewhere but you do tend to get what you pay for.

Dele is a better footballer than people give him credit. Why put a defender on in his place?

Also, he was up against Trotman was Preston who was bloody good, and about 10 years younger, and prob taller!

Is Vokes the striker who came on for Bournemouth in the 2-2 draw last xmas, who literally beat the shit out of Carey whilst he was on?

Is Vokes the striker who came on for Bournemouth in the 2-2 draw last xmas, who literally beat the shit out of Carey whilst he was on?

Yep and we were def looking at him in January. Given Bournemouth's financial plight and relegation we should nip in and pick up a bargin. Lads definately got tallent and I bet less than £250k would secure his services.

Strikers we have discussed and how they scored.

Porter- Motherwell-36 starts- 17 goals.

Gillespie-Cheltenham-36 starts-16 goals.

Maynard-Crewe- 24 starts- 15 goals.

Garner-Carlisle-33 starts- 14 goals.

Any others not too old who have been mentioned or could be value ? Brooker not quite 27, will be good value if we can keep him healthy and he still has a year under contract.

Ken Fagerberg, 19, Midtjylland (Denmark). Swede playing in the Danish prem. Scoaring a few in his first season there. Quality. Will play for Sweden in the pre-European U21-championship tournament later on in May in Sweden (against France, Portugal and the Netherlands, sorry England did not qualify here either ; )

Edward Ofere, 22 year old Nigerian playing for Malmö FF. 190 cm tall http://www.mff.se/laget/spelare.asp?Id=191

Ola Toivonen, Malmö FF, U-21 player http://www.mff.se/laget/spelare.asp?Id=226

Behrang Safari, Malmö FF, ten times better than McAllister http://www.mff.se/laget/spelare.asp?Id=130

Buy them before this weekend couse AIK Solna plays Malmö at home.

Arsenal once bought Fredrik Ljungberg from Halmstad Bollklubb.

REALLY GOOD PLAYERS. Why buy English overpayed crap??

The whole idea of being a scout is spotting them before they are stars.

Yep and we were def looking at him in January. Given Bournemouth's financial plight and relegation we should nip in and pick up a bargin. Lads definately got tallent and I bet less than £250k would secure his services.

Sorry to disagree Tom, but with Prem teams in the alleged hunt for Vokes I think you are looking at more like 1-2million (Wigan, Newcastle Birmingham(?))

Back in January, this forum was buzzing with rumours about City signing Derek Riordan from Celtic. With two SPL matches left this season, his record this season is played 3 + 8 appearances as sub and scored one goal.

His record with Celtic, since signing from Hibs is 8 goals in 13 matches + 19 appearances as sub.

I suspect that he'll be moving on in the summer to a club for which he can get a regular start?

Thankyou for the input. I do like Maynard as the pick of the bunch and I've always liked Porter. I don't think a million + will be the issue, regardless of which league we are in. We need a young pacey striker with quality and thats a fact not conjecture.

I would go as far as to say that if Frazier Campbell had been with us rather than Hull we would have achieved auto promotion. That point however has been done to death on this forum.

did we ever find out why GJ was in Scotland?...Steven Fletcher (Hibs) Ross McCormack (Well)

For some reason i originally wrote Steven Pearson and Luke McCormack..no idea why O_o

Archived