IGNORED

Forget Trundle & Mcindoe.

Seend Red

Marvin Elliott.

Been very impressed with his contribution so far, when he was signed it was kind of met with a shoulder shrug and got lost in the hysteria surrounding the signing of Trundle, IMO he's been the best of the new signings by a country mile, looks real class!

Tackles,scores,passes the ball well and gets about the pitch with no problem at all. Shrewd bit of business from Johnson,let's hope the next arrival from Millwall fits in as quickly.

Keep up the great start Marvin.

Marvin Elliott.

Been very impressed with his contribution so far, when he was signed it was kind of met with a shoulder shrug and got lost in the hysteria surrounding the signing of Trundle, IMO he's been the best of the new signings by a country mile, looks real class!

Tackles,scores,passes the ball well and gets about the pitch with no problem at all. Shrewd bit of business from Johnson,let's hope the next arrival from Millwall fits in as quickly.

Totally agree. A mate of mine who's never seen City play before went to the game and wouldn't stop raving about Marvin. He's been nothing short of fantastic since his arrival and as someone else said, how the hell did we get him for next to nothing!?

Bitter & twisted mate. DB is getting the same treatment all over the Millwall forums today, there such a bunch of numptys...

The reason Millwall fans are happy to get rid of the pair are they are two players who no longer wanted to play for their club. A lot of Millwall fans have actually commented that Marvin Elliott had a lot of potential but was at Millwall for 10 years from the age of 12 and needed a change. He lost interest in playing for Millwall and therefore went stale.

If a player at our club was a good player but suddnely turned round and said he didn't want to play for us anymore I'm sure we would be equally as hacked off.

Marvelous Marvin. Instant legend with me. Absolute quality.

Another great signing from Gary!

He seems to do everything Johnson does and more, but better. Perhaps even risk putting a really attacking midfielder in as we know Marv would control the whole midfield on his own!

Marvin Elliott is pure class, it is true what seend red said that when he first joined everybody just shrugged there shoulders beause we were so excited about trundle but forgot trundle for a moment this guy is bloody class and is just what we have been missing in our midfield since we lost tommy doc a player who harass's the other team for the ball.

forgot being happy to pay a million for trundle i would of been happy to pay a million for elliott he is ######g class !

well done marvin and keep it up !

The reason Millwall fans are happy to get rid of the pair are they are two players who no longer wanted to play for their club. A lot of Millwall fans have actually commented that Marvin Elliott had a lot of potential but was at Millwall for 10 years from the age of 12 and needed a change. He lost interest in playing for Millwall and therefore went stale.

If a player at our club was a good player but suddnely turned round and said he didn't want to play for us anymore I'm sure we would be equally as hacked off.

Like I said, bitter and twisted...Look at some of this crap written below from Millwall.

"Thank ****!!So maybe WD will concentrate of bringing in another striker...

And one more thing...

I DON'T READ ,I DON'T WRITE ,I DRIVE A TRACTOR,

I'm A BRISTOL CITY FAN AND I'm A ###### ######!!!!! "

------------------------------------------------------------

**** him. hope he ends up like Kieran Dyer.

###### ######!.. hope he'll rot in hell in bristol!

Is the dressing room at Brizzol City big enough to cope

with the heads of Elliott AND Byfield?

-------------------------------------------------------------

He will do exactley the same there,and end up being the slowest,most lazy player on the field.Either that or his agent will feed him more b***ocks again,and his ego will rule his careeer.

**** him,and I hope he fades into the Conference in a few seasons.

---------------------------------------------------------------

He wasn't as good as some thought he was going to be when he started out.

Marvin Elliott.

Totally agree. When leaving the ground last night I was chatting to some guys I know bout the game and all agreed about Marvin.

My comment was that I think we will have trouble holding onto him as he is going to have a lot bigger stage to show himself on this year.

As for the comments from Millwall fans about Elliot and Byfield - sums the Maillwall fans up nicely doesn't it - they are nothing short of brainless boneheads who obviously have virtually no idea on a good player when they see one.

Give them a Vinny Jones style player anyday - even if he does get sent off every other game - and they'll be happy. Morons.

City legend in the making.

I heard someone say that last night and I immediately (gasp!) thought of Gerry Gow :worship2: I had to sit down....

But Elliot remided me of Gow. His style is very similar.He's all over pitch, tackles any opposition player within 20 yards and can pick a pass.If Elliot can start scoring a few goals then the comparison would be even greater.

I've not seen a City player since Gow left that could hold a candle to him.Thats why I was so surprised to even think of Elliot in the same thought as the great man.

That said - Elliot has only been at the club 5 mins and it remains to be seen if he can remain so effective over an entire season.

agree with all thats been said about Elliot... he's been our outstanding player so far..

when he came I thought it was just as a sqaud player behind those already here, a pal of mine told me "no, he's come as a automatic first teamer!", said that GJ and a few inside the club had indicated this??? oh how I laughed and rubbished him, saying there was no way he was going to get in frint of LJ, Noble and co!

Now where's that humble pie, I need a big slice of it........

agree with all thats been said about Elliot... he's been our outstanding player so far..

All this from a lad who played in an FA Cup Final at the tender age of 19.

What amazes me about Marvin, is his ability to pressurise defenders high up the pitch. It'll take many opponents by surprise early in the season and Marvin's true test will arrive once winter brings heavier pitches, slowing his galloping gait somewhat.

Let's not get carried away too early. Marvin possesses wonderful talent, but I want to see him progress into a regular goal scorer and use that speed to get beyond our forwards and feed off scraps inside the six-yard box. His passing requires honing and I'd also like to see a few more shots from the Wandsworth youngster.

Small gripes aside he's monster-monster, as Eric Hall liked to say.

I really can't believe what I'm reading here, a thread that is 100% in support of one of our players. It's a bloody good job I'm already sat down!!!

He has had a fantastic start to his career here, and definately looks very very promising. He's a threat to opposition defenders, whether it be with a goalscoring chance, or just attacking in general, as well as being more than able to get back and defend. One moment that stands out from last night in the second half, was when he was closed down by someone (not sure who), there was a tussle for the ball on the half way line, it looked as if ME had lost out, but stuck a foot in and ended up coming away with the ball and sending us on the attack. He's strong, will not give up a fight, and isn't that slow either.

So far so good, he looks an excellent signing that will only get better. I'm also going to get his name and number on the back of my home shirt when I get that :whistle2:

Guest Tafkar

not surprised at all by elliott's performances, sproule was the big surprise for me yesterday, not only did he look fast he had skills and tricks to go with it, and was the main impetus behind our performance for the last half hour.

Just to add my agreement and praise...

By far, for me, the best signing Johnson's made so far...

I like him because he plays like a REAL midfielder - he breaks up opposition play and always seems to manage to get a foot in, he can pick a pass, he rarely gives away possession, he's a great header of the ball, he covers the entire pitch, and he gets forward far enough to be a threat in the box when we attack, thus giving us an extra striker.

SIMPLY PUT, NO OTHER MIDFIELDER AT THE CLUB CAN TICK ALL THOSE BOXES - 'NUFF SAID.

• Admin
What amazes me about Marvin, is his ability to pressurise defenders high up the pitch. It'll take many opponents by surprise early in the season and Marvin's true test will arrive once winter brings heavier pitches, slowing his galloping gait somewhat.

That is one of football's most often used sayings however I wonder how applicable it will be now we're in the Championship?

Whilst in League One I don't really think we saw that many heavy pitches at Ashton Gate apart from on the few occasions that the match actually took place during a downpour, it was more the (for want of a better word) "smaller" clubs that had these heavy pitches.

Now we're in a league where many teams can honestly hold aspirations of making the Premiership I expect the standard of pitches to improve away from home.

Archived